It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm

You're Doing It Wrong! 
Duke of New York

Post You're Doing It Wrong!
Edit: I basically wanted to open up this thread so we can point out assholes who are hypocritical jerks. Figured since some of them are controversial, this would be the place for it.

And then there was this asshole. He is making Christians look bad. First he's advocating a science that is still in the sketchy realm of research and dealing in it's what-if's, speculating on only a few decades worth of research, the same thing they accuse evolutionists of.

Also for all we know, if someone was dumb enough to try and prove this guy's "wonderful idea" they could go through a few thousand pregnancies, creating God knows what genetic mutations before they either find some cure for the whole thing (which is unlikely) or give up and remember, according to their faith, that such work should be in the hands of their Creator.

Also, where's the line between stem cell research, abortion, and this bull crap? Cause God knows whether such recless tampering could do to the pregnancy.

I'd like to imagine he's not that stupid and just reinforcing an ideal. But if he is, he's not only making promises on a sci-fi vision of the future but also giving people the wrong idea about the science, because while they're still researching the info to get the facts, he's just pulling this shit out of his ass.

Not only that, if they believe that sin is something one can turn away from and homosexuality is a choice, not a part of the person, then a genetic solution is bullshit and it's basically saying, "Okay, we were wrong but if it is not a choice like you say, then we're going to fix you so you're all better." You can use that excuse to fix anyone. Just ask anyone in history who's used salvation, and that's general saving not just Biblical, to rub out, brainwash, or control someone.

Because where do you drawn the line?

This guy makes Christians look bad. Christians should be getting pissed at this asshole because But that's my viewpoint from the outside.

Last edited by DraxelBethlehem on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:21 pm
Chibi-Czar

A) This is why I'm a NORTHERN Baptist by attendance and an adiaphorist by creed.

B) His grasp of science poor. His explanation of theology poorer. Headline for article poorest of all. He wasn't suggesting homosexuality IS original sin, just that sin is the result of original sin.

IF you assume homosexuality is a sin
AND you assume homosexuality is genetic
THEN you can conclude it should be possible to cure homosexuality with gene therapy.

However, it's fucking stupid, because the claim that homosexuality, as a sin, is determinitavely genetic rather than the exercise of free will is bullshit. If it's genetic it's not free, and if it's not free it's not a sin, and if it's not a sin what the hell should we need to "cure" it for?

However, that bit of stupid is rather inconsequential to the debate at hand; the pastor is suggesting that genetic therapy may reduce inclination to engage in acts of which he disapproves. Whatever. They've been talking about negative eugenics for a hundred years, and this is gene therapy which is positive eugenics, rather a different beast altogether. I think the primary thing to notice here is that there may be some editorial bias in an article written by socially active homosexuals about Baptists. Not saying the guy's not a doofus- but he's probably much less of one than "QueerSighted" makes him out to be.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:48 pm
Duke of New York

And then I found a second asshole to hate today: Zell Miller.

Seems Mr. Miller decided that his stance against abortion is based on the fact that he doesn't have enough people in the world to solve his problems for him.

See, when it comes to abortion, I can understand being against it based on the fact that it's killing the potential of a human being, especially those fucked up partial birth abortions but this asshole's arguing that abortions shouldn't take place so we can have more soldiers, more people to pay taxes, and more people to crowd the illegal immagrants out. I mean, that's like me being against more abortions because it limits my supply of potential minions in never ending quest to conquer the world and destroy Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. Sure, I need more minions (because that damn ice cream is way too tempting to possibly not be evil and needs to be destroyed) and I don't generally like people, even those not born yet, but I'm not that heartless to say that the problem with abortion.

How do people keep electing idiots like this? I mean when I say stupid and heartless things, it's normally because Im not serious and am as a general rule full of shit, but this guy actually believes his retoric. He's the same asshole who challenged a reporter to a duel about his comments at the 2004 Republican Convention.

This guy makes all psychotic old men look bad.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:50 pm
Duke of New York

Post Im using this tread to rant. Can you tell?
Tozetre wrote:
I think the primary thing to notice here is that there may be some editorial bias in an article written by socially active homosexuals about Baptists. Not saying the guy's not a doofus- but he's probably much less of one than "QueerSighted" makes him out to be.

Objection! You're making an accusation of slander and libel without anything to back it up besides, "We'll they're against them of course they'll lie."

This was a story about homosexuality written by a gay newssite, I imagine for people interested in such things and those people are usually going to have a certain tilt on their outlook to begin with. The only reason i noticed it was the fact that it was linked on Raw Story. So how are the Queersighted gonna spin it exactly when a reverend who is anti-gay, has condemned Pope JP2 for opening talks with Muslims and Jews, lied about the methods and speeches of feminists, called the RCC and the Pope false and unbiblical, defended Pat Roberston's claim that Muslims, Buddists, Hindus, Jews, and Marxist are all controlled by demonic agents? He's also against drinking and any married couple that doesn't have kids. Even his own people said that his idea wasn't right.

Want a more religious slanted look at what this guy said? Here's BeliefNet's take on what the guy said.

This guy is an asshole, pure and simple. He's got a long history of it, been called on it, and still hasn't changed his ways. Just because he's a reverend doesn't get him a free pass, especially from me because I was raised Southern Baptist. Even though I'm not going to church or anything, I sure don't want me, my family, or any of the good people I've sat in the pews with at one time or another to be associated with this man.

Mohler can't see beyond his own faith because anything beyond that, in his mind must be the work of the devil. He's a bigot, msyoginist, racist, and xenophobic dipshit wrapping himself in the American flag while whipping his ass while the first amendment.

Just because the QueerEye may have written the story doesn't mean that there's not a kernel of truth in it. Assuming every negative article is written with a negative slant is the first step. The next, every negative story is lies. After that you're working for Faux News and praising the Leader.

If you only listen to what you want to hear, dismissing everyone else as biases, idiotic, uneducated, close minded, and stupid, you'll end up an emperor but you're walking down the street naked. Sure, I'll put people down, but I generally listen to what they're saying. If I don't like what they're saying then I'llmouth them down until they know I think they said something stupid or offensive but I'll listen to them if they want to clearify their original meaning.

Hell, I even hop on and watch Faux News just to see what they're saying from time to time. Doesn't mean they don't have anything good to say now and then. It also reminds me that there are people out there in the world that don't agree with me and I have to live with that. They can live there's and I can live mine and we'll be peacefully loving people learning about ourselves and others through our differences and we'll eat cake and ride dragons and kill unicorns and it'll all be hunky dorey. Sometimes, i actually learn something I didn't know from people I thought I were wrong.

However, when those will any view, same as mine or different, starts preaching how they are justified in their faith (1 out 22 faiths worldwide, not counting various denominations and sects) because it is the one true faith (out of all the others that claim the same damn thing) and they will use that justification to bend people, by force, lies, or subterfuge , to their will and ideals, I'm going to yell my head off about it.

Bottom line, sure they got an agenda, because everyone does, but that doesn't mean they're not on the money sometimes.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:56 pm
Duke of New York

Anyway, I was going to bitch about this jerk. Sorry, Dr, Jerk. But someone already did it for me. The guy should get his medical licence pulled.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:36 pm
Chibi-Czar

Post Re: Im using this tread to rant. Can you tell?
DraxelBethlehem wrote:
You're making an accusation of slander

No, I didn't. I said there was probably editorial bias. And there is. Substantial editorial bias. Like in the headline that grossly misstates the guy's position. And the not-too-veiled Nazi references. And the filing under homophobia, which is just as loaded a word as "faggot" in most places today. I said there was bias, not that they lied about him being a fucknut.

DraxelBethlehem wrote:
and libel

No, I didn't.

DraxelBethlehem wrote:
"We'll they're against them of course they'll lie."

No, I didn't say that. I said that it was likely a strongly pro-homosexual site was likely to interpret anti-homosexuality statements in a very specific way. I'm going to interpret satanists in a pretty specific way. It doesn't mean I'm wrong about satanists, either.

DraxelBethlehem wrote:
So how are the Queersighted gonna spin it exactly

For fuck's sake, take a step back and calm down. I never said they had to present it one way or another. I said they were, that's all. What the hell's your problem? I said he was a fucknut- twice in this post, even! The closest I came to defending him was saying that he was probably less of a doofus than QS made him out to be.

DraxelBethlehem wrote:
Just because the QueerEye may have written the story doesn't mean that there's not a kernel of truth in it.

Where the hell did I say that? Can't find it? No? 'Cause I didn't! Now untwist your knickers.

DraxelBethlehem wrote:
Assuming every negative article is written with a negative slant is the first step. The next, every negative story is lies. After that you're working for Faux News and praising the Leader.

Sorry, what? What?
That was simply uncool of you. Orwell references because I pointed out editorial bias? You're losing it, and not just a little bit.

DraxelBethlehem wrote:
If you only listen to what you want to hear,

And this is the point where I think I can justly tell you to go fuck yourself. You sound like BTL. ffs.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:44 pm
Duke of New York

Post Re: Im using this tread to rant. Can you tell?
Tozetre wrote:
And this is the point where I think I can justly tell you to go fuck yourself. You sound like BTL. ffs.

Replied to in PM.

See ya.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:48 pm