It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:05 pm

What would you do? 
Chibi-Czar

Post What would you do?
while walking home, eager to go to the toilet to relieve urself, when sudden you hear a screeching sound and a car parks besides you, you walk on and this guy jumps out of the car and starts yelling at you on the lines of "DON'T CALL ME NAMES!!!"

i might have swore when he parked the car(he was turning out from another street.. thus the screeching... not to mention he crossed onto the wrong lane to park the car) but i didn't call him names

don't know what you would think or done but i ran for it!

good thing it didn't happen in some dark alleyway but on a semi busy street plus the few passer bys that made the 'mad guy' just pull my head back and yelled "DON't F****NG call me names" and left... hopefully he weren't planning on doing more

thus i didn't get hurt... apart from my pride (come on running away yelling i didn't do anything while trying not to piss ur pants even though u were busting to go) and the fact i couldn't hand;e the situation

some old guys that were looking on told me after i shouldn't have run if i didn't do anything, stood my ground and fight the man... but come on... a guy that suddenly jumps out of a car and starts running towards you yelling... not to mention i know my own strengths and no matter how much i imagine it i can't even throw a decent punch

you try to be nice and poilte to everyone for most of your life and something like this happens... can't help but think what the world is becoming to

all in all at least i didn't get hurt or get robbed.... not unlike this other incident

Thu May 10, 2007 3:51 am
Chibi-Czar

If someone jumped out at me and started yelling in my face for no apparent reason, I probably would have given the dude a swift headbutt and been on my way. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Thu May 10, 2007 8:31 am
WAR SysOp

I would personally recommend calling the cops on that one. He's either looking for trouble, or fucking batshit insane....

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu May 10, 2007 3:52 pm
Chibi-Czar

Can't say a word against it - you're still here, and not in hospital or morgue, after all. It would've definitely been worth a call to the PD, though, and I do hope you got a license number. If he was a nutter, what happens to the next guy he decides was cussin' at him?

From experience, one of the toughest things we had to try to teach a rookie copper is the difference between backing off and backing down. The difference is, backing off is recognizing the odds, what it'll cost you versus what the payoff would be, and making a tactically sound decision to break contact - so that you can come back when the odds are in your favor. As far as the old guys and standing your ground if you're right, there are two points to consider. First, are the cops and the magistrate going to see it that way? Second, about being in the right and standing your ground, consider this little ditty:

a Tombstone wrote:
Here lies the body of John Paul Gray,
Who died maintaining his right of way,
Oh, he was right, dead right, as he sped along,
But he's just as dead as if he was wrong...

Bottom line, don't beat yourself up about it. If you're not satisfied with your performance, well, at least you're still around to prepare yourself to do better next time. You might not have been if you'd brought a pair of fists to a knife-fight.

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Fri May 11, 2007 4:50 pm
Chibi-Czar

Doyle has it right, at least you didnt get hurt...

But seriously, if it had been me... (granted I am a tiny girl, and not very imposing) I would have stood my ground, and been, "wtf dude? I didnt say shit to you." Kick him in the shins, and then run like hell, cause well... my bladder is tiny, and when you gotta go, you GOT-TA GOOOOOOOO.

Fri May 11, 2007 6:14 pm