It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 am

How about a flaming bowl of STUPID? 
Chibi-Czar

Post How about a flaming bowl of STUPID?
What.The.Shit?

This enrages me more than the whole abortion crap already going around...

Why the hell did we burn our bras if THIS shit is going to happen still?

I hate you men... I really do... Its my fucking uterus... not yours... you would a choice... you fucking grow one...

o.O ooh I went on a rant... dont mind me

Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:53 pm
Chibi-Czar

Don't sweat it, kiddo - 7-to-2 it never gets out of committee, 10-to-1 it never passes the state house, 20-to-1 it never gets signed into law, and 50-to-1 the courts throw it out.

Quit whining - men get disenfranchised on every paternity suit and divorce decree, so you already got your pound of flesh.

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:11 pm
Chibi-Czar

Oh its just... it seems like they are trying to own women again... which... holy fuck... how incredibly stupid...

In the words of my little sister... "Until it is forced out of our bodies, by US, and severed from our bodies, it is ours. It is inside of us, it is OUR property until that umbilical cord is cut"

Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:14 pm
Chibi-Czar

In the words of my little sister... "Until it is forced out of our bodies, by US, and severed from our bodies, it is ours. It is inside of us, it is OUR property until that umbilical cord is cut"

Uh-huh. And us guys have nothing whatsoever to do with it, right?

Sure wish you girls felt that way when you gouge our asses in the courthouse... :x Of course, that would require YOU to be held to the same standards of responsibility WE are, wouldn't it?

Oh, I'm sorry - I forgot, "Equal Rights" doesn't equate to "Equal Responsibility" does it? Political Correctness is SO sweet, ain't it?

[Mod moment= moving this to the Rants Board... Feel proud Fissy?]

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:33 pm
Chibi-Czar

Location: Liverpool, England, HCCCP, Milky Way, Microsoft Universe XP ver 1.3.6
MJD has spoken the truth here. Women complain and complain about their 'equal rights' and stuff. Whilst I think that this proposal is an utter joke and an infringement on those rights, that doesn't mean women are the only ones who ever get shafted.

9/10 times, if a woman wants to spite the man in a divorce or court settlement, especially when kids custody is involved, they'll get their way no matter how unreasonable it is. Women can cut off fathers from their kids for life just because they 'say so'. Without any reasoning or proof in many cases. Not saying their arn't scumbags who beat their women and kids out there. But the number is lower compared to those that are reasonable and normal and get shafted by vicious ex's looking for that last little bit of vengence.

Sorry, but that topic is close to my heart. Men can look after children and such just as well as women. And if a woman came back with the 'Natural carer' argument or some other bullshit, well sorry but I would feel perfectly justified in saying "Naturally you should get back in the freaking kitchen! And no you aren't getting half my shit! You get the kids! I keep my stuff because by your reasoning, I'm the 'Natural breadwinner' so I earned it! blah blah blah..."

tl;dr: Men often get shafted in court. This proposal is a joke and if it gets passed then all women should move out of Ohio just to piss the government off! /rant

Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:06 pm
Chibi-Czar

Holy crap... DM has a VERY valid point... and I just... I am a tad jaded on this subject... I think of this way... My father... never really wanted my sister and I... and he had 5 other kids that he ignored... but I think about it from that sort of angle... and to me it seems that, well shit... men dont deserve the right to choose what a woman does with her body...

My son's father, my ex (I've made News posts about him, quite funny), when he found out I was pregnant, didnt want to be involved, he told me, even AFTER the kid was born, and I needed help, and his fucking video games were more important... that *I* choose to have the kid, so he was MY responsibilty... and it didnt fucking matter that I did EVERYTHING, cooked, cleaned, worked full time to pay bills, went to college and upheld a 3.4 GPA... he still wanted to fight me for custody...

Now... tell me... did he, or my father, deserve to choose how us women did things? No, I dont think they did... and I can think of serveral others that would feel the same...

Yes, SOME guys will actually stick around... but in today's society of children having children... most of those guys run away, leaving a 16 year old gf to handle everything herself... but when the kid gets older, and the father feels bad for doing what he did... does it make it right what he did? No, it doesnt...

I say... let the women choose what to do with they will with their bodies... and make the men pay for it in court, or terminate their rights and never think of it again.

Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:44 pm
Chibi-Czar

And, I will grant that my own father wasn't exactly the paragon of virtue you might want. (The sonofabitch still tries to shaft us kids - case in point, my younger brother's a mechanic, didn't charge family for labor and gives us invoice price for parts, and my father tried to stiff him on the discounted bill...)

However.

Even admitting that Neko-Chan and I have assholes for fathers, I have to ask about DM's father. Or my former partner, with three sons and a fucking psychotic for an ex-wife. Bear in mind that I wouldn't partner with a man if I couldn't trust his integrity (IOW, he'll do the right thing even if I fucked up and did wrong - because how can I trust him to do the right thing when I stood up and did right). My partner did the overtime and took the hit on comp time to take fcare of his boys, and how did the ex-psycho-bitch reward his sacrifice? By taking his earnings for the year that he worked overtime to paid for his boys dental surgery, camp, and summer school, and using his paystubs to demand an increase in payments. Guess who won?

I suspect we're talking two different aspects of the war of the sexes here. I have a serious objection to the legislation you posted the linkage to. OTOH, there's a bit of a hot-button in the males always being the villians in these4 things...

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:15 pm
Chibi-Czar

Doyle, I am not saying its ALWAYS the males that fuck up... in fact... I sometimes think of the mothers being worse... I have known a few of them to have kids, intentionally, just to screw the guy, or to somehow live off the welfare... and that REALLY annoys me...

Or the women that have 7 kids, and never take care of them, and yet refuse to let their father(s) to take care of them, cause they are so spiteful...

In truth... both sexes are fucking stupid, hateful, spiteful beings...

And yes... my ex, is a complete fucktard, and he doesnt deserve to have ANY rights to his kid, the court said so... and my father... well he owes me 40K in back child support... and so... yeah...

I forgot where I was going with this..

Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:33 pm
Chibi-Czar

+1 DM

Even admitting that Neko-Chan and I have assholes for fathers, .

I would have had a asshole for a father..but my mom put him in jail for fraud just shortly after i was conceived..

and my sisters dad..yep.asshole..

a small portion of guys i know who are fathers..are assholes, its an unfortunate gene in us..

and its the good ones that try to makeup for the ones who do a shitty job.

thats all i'll put in, cause i'm not a father, almost was..and i've been told many a times that i'll make a good one, even if 1/2 of the time i fuck up.

Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:01 pm
Chibi-Czar

This is one of the reasons I prefer good ol' fashoned WAR.

It's very simple. Your team is with you, the bad guy is over there.

You go kill them. A lot of them. And you blow shit up.

No legal wanking. Just lots of bullets/artillery shells/missiles/nukes.

Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:13 am
Chibi-Czar

Location: The Frozen North of the Upper Peninnsula of Michigan
WARNING: SOME SECTIONS OF THIS POST ARE NOT MY PERSONAL OPINION, THEY ARE THE VIEWS OF OTHERS. THOSE SECTIONS ARE NOTED BY HATS!

The proposal is stupid. No question. The woman is doing all the important work in a pregnancy, she should be able to decide not to do so if she chooses. I think, though, that this is essentially a veiled attempt by some pro-lifers to make it more difficult to access abortions, seeing as they can't outright ban abortion like they wish they could. (Puts on "Pro-life Christian Fundamentalist POV" hat) After all, if it's just some stupid slut who got herself knocked up while she was sleeping around, she'd have no idea who the father is, and probably wouldn't own up to her nature, so if she won't make the list, she'll have to carry the kid to term as a punishment! That'll teach those durn kids to practice abstinence or else! (Takes off hat) Of course, that's stupid too, but we all know there are people who think that way.

Then again, there is the fact that women don't spontaneously become pregnant. (Well, other than one particular case in the bible, the veracity of which is a debate for another day.) There is a man involved at some point, even if it's a single woman who goes to a clinic because she wants kids without the whole relationship part. And that's where custody fights and such (^ see above post by DM ^) get ugly, in that the woman *does* win nearly all the time, even if the father's the one who filed.

Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:40 pm
Knight

MJD's first post brought up a good point: it's not going to go anywhere. It's a batshit insane (no, that's not the technical term) piece of legislation. However, because it's absolutely batshit insane (can I just claim that I'm using the rubric of sheer logistics?), the simply crazy pieces of anti-abortion legislation look little less crazy and almost reasonable in comparison.

I think that's scarier.

On the issue of psycho/deadbeat/both parents:

I've never had a kid, nor the opportunity for one. I've never had to sit through a custody battle with me and my brother as the "prize". I'm not even going to pretend I have any idea of what that's like, in either case. However, if fathers do tend to automagically get the shaft in custody cases simply because they have a Y chromesome, well, there's something clearly wrong with the system.

I suppose, historically, the societal "norm" is for the woman to be seen as the nurturer/caregiver. I think it's only relatively recently (the past few generations) in Western society that this isn't necessarily the case. However, that viewpoint is still fairly ingrained in our collective psyche. This isn't supposed to be a cop-out or a flimsy strawman-excuse; that viewpoint or stereotype and historical norm isn't really cutting it. Because the purpose of a custody-case is to really do what's right for the kids. And that means giving custody to whatever parent does that best.

Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:44 pm