It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 pm

The Committee for State Security redux 
Chibi-Czar

Post The Committee for State Security redux
(cross-post from LJ)

Boston Herald piece: Doc, what?s up with snooping? Pediatrician paranoia runs deep

Didn't the Gestapo, the KGB, and the People's Police co-opt physicians into snitches, too? God-damned if I want the Social(ist) Services Departments doing it, too.

"But, it's for the children!" Bullshit. It's for a back-door violation of privacy, and for justifying social workers' existences and budgets by trumping up fraudulent charges of abuse and neglect. After all, you can't make a nanny state without breaking some families :evil:

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:18 pm
Chibi-Czar

Location: The Frozen North of the Upper Peninnsula of Michigan
This is disgusting. If/when I ever have kids, I'll have to make sure and teach them that other people aren't meant to pry into things like this unless there's something wrong. For God's sake, these people are interrogating CHILDREN about adult issues! Thing that kids don't even understand enough to form an opinion on!I'm starting to wonder just how 'free' our freedom is here in the USA.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:35 am
WAR SysOp

There's "worrying about child abuse" and then there's "exploting kids to spy on people"

Cute. Yet another type of person and set of questions I'll have to warn my kids about. I'm fortunate Senie's a nurse. She'll get the inside scoop on this BS faster than most will.

Still, it's scary. Every time you visit the emergency room here, you get asked if there's any spousal abuse. Just right out of the blue even if you come in with your hockey team worried about you and a skate's blade in your leg, they're required to ask you if your husband or wife beats you.

How is this shit relevant? I can see if you come in with bruises and broken bones, but come on... these "automatic questions" are getting closer and closer to the shit in the article.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:21 pm