It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 am

It's official; Bush has finally lost it. 
Head Pollster

Post It's official; Bush has finally lost it.
Bush defends waterboarding, using the dead of July 7, 2005 as an excuse. He also says that the US still has the moral high ground, that Iraq was the right thing to do, and that history will, in the end, judge him kindly.

I gotta say, I'd love to be on the mix of high-class halucinogens that he's on; I mean, he may only have 48 weeks left in the job, but that...he's totally deluded. It's the only rational explanation - though I realise that trying to apply rational filters to that steaming pile of smug, self-satisfied justifications for monstrous actions is an impossible task.

And of course the sad thing is, no matter what party takes the presidency next, no matter what they say on the campaign trail, the next one won't be a whit different. And that the journalists, like the BBC guy that did this interview, will continue to ask craven, enabling questions, for fear of being cut out of 'the loop'. :evil:

(And I feel better for having got that off my chest.)

INCLUDING THE ABOVE SENTENCE.

HAVE FUN! :D

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:31 pm
WAR SysOp

Post Re: It's official; Bush has finally lost it.
Bush has officially lost any kind of "it was the administration, not the president" armour he thought he might have with his opponents. Hell, I'd almost be willing to accept he was just a puppet with hands up his ass...but then he reminds me why he was put there: To teach people that stupid, careless, and viciously motivated behind a "What me Worry?" smirk is bad.

Since he's on a roll, I suggest everyone duck and cover until he's firmly out of the fucking office and replaced by someone not substantially more destructive than a holy-war.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:38 pm
Chibi-Czar

Location: Liverpool, England, HCCCP, Milky Way, Microsoft Universe XP ver 1.3.6
Ahem. Since when did Bush actually 'have it' so that he could have lost it now? :wink:

Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:55 pm
Head Pollster

Dark Machine wrote:
Ahem. Since when did Bush actually 'have it' so that he could have lost it now? :wink:

True. :) I meant 'lost it', in the sense that at least some of the time (when he read the script prepared by his handlers), he was capable of a vague sense of tact - every so often. Apparently, now he's lost even that. Which is odd, as you'd think he'd dial down the crazy so as to protect his precious 'legacy'.

Fiss: He can only be a lesson in avoiding that kind of head of state if the American voters pay attention to said lesson. Otherwise, nothing will change. And with all the constraints put on a prospective president by the alliances required to actually get into office, things aren't likely to get 'better' with a Democrat in the White House. Maybe they'll throw the crowd some bread, and whip up the odd circus (and in terms of war, well, Iran's already in the frame, isn't it, no matter that the actual facts undercut the rhetoric/propaganda), but besides that, it's going to be business as usual. Damn shame, really; there are avenues to take that'd result in real change, and change for the actual better, but nobody feels able to take them. Nobody that can actually influence things, anyway. :/

INCLUDING THE ABOVE SENTENCE.

HAVE FUN! :D

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:49 pm