Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:45 pm
Harry & Ginny get together 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Harry & Luna get together 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ron & Hermione get together 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Malfoy becomes a Death Eater 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Snape dies defending Harry 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Harry saves Snape's life 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Harry saves Malfoy 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Harry actually gets an Outstanding O.W.L. in potions and joins Snape's advanced class, much to Snape's displeasure 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (post below) 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 11

Harry Potter 6 ** SPOILERS *** 
Chibi-Czar

Post Harry Potter 6 ** SPOILERS ***
What do you think is going to happen in the next book? I'm personally hoping Rowling gives us a real war. The books have gotten so much better ever since she started killing people off! ^_^

"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:45 pm
Chibi-Czar

Heh, I'm tempted to say all of the above.

Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:51 pm
WAR SysOp

Other) Rowling continues to be upstaged by Fanfic Authors who understand her plot and characters better than she does. 8)

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:08 pm
Chibi-Czar

True dat

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:36 pm
Chibi-Czar

Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:38 pm
Ni - Master

Other: Dumbledore's an ex-Death Eater, or is killed off by Voldemort.

But I'm not hesitant to agree with Fiss. :)

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:05 am
Chibi-Czar

Location: Liverpool, England, HCCCP, Milky Way, Microsoft Universe XP ver 1.3.6
Other) Rowling gets fed-up with the series and has a breakdown. Fiss is brought in to write the next book in less than 2 weeks! :P

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:03 am
Chibi-Czar

Other) Rowling gets fed-up with the series and has a breakdown. Fiss is brought in to write the next book in less than 2 weeks! :P

less than 2 weeks? never! hehehe

i reckon other) Sirrius fights voldemort to save harry, but ends up failing, spurring harry on to further rage and the eventual death of Voldemort, 5 books later.

The Incorporated States of Katangara.Downtreading the populace since 2003.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:16 am
WAR SysOp

If I had perfect speech-to-text software, 2 cases of Jolt, 1 case of Jolt expresso, and three cubic feet of Lemon Marange Pie Filler.

Of course...it would be pretty weird. :P

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:16 am
Chibi-Czar

(openly admits a lack of Harry Potter knowledge to comment on any more)

Information and knowledge: two currencies that have never gone out of style
-- Neil Gaiman, American Gods

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:26 am
WAR SysOp

And then Harry flew to the moon to fight all the badguys, and Voltemort turned into a large pike because he was tied to Harry by that scar-thing and some spooky magic happened when he left orbit to go to the moon, so he turned in to a pike. Not the kind you mount someone's head on, but the kind you mount over your fireplace after a long fishing trip. Unfortunately, because he turned into a Pike in the middle of his secret lair, there was no water for him to swim in and he lay gasping on the cold, gritty floor until he died. And then Ron said: "I love you Harry!" and Harry responded: "OMG! FAG!" and Hermione just flipped out and killed them both by beating them to death with her pussy. (The cat, you perverts)

The end!!!!!

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:15 am
Head Pollster

*pats Fiss on the back gently* There there now; I think it's time we had a rest, don't you think? Let the nice men in the white coats take you away...

;)

INCLUDING THE ABOVE SENTENCE.

HAVE FUN! :D

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:30 am
Chibi-Czar

And then Ron said: "I love you Harry!" and Harry responded: "OMG! FAG!" and Hermione just flipped out and killed them both by beating them to death with her pussy. (The cat, you perverts)

The end!!!!!

LEMON OMAKE!!! LEMON OMAKE!!! We demand lemon omake!!! :P

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:33 am
WAR SysOp

Actually, on that note, if you don't mind a bit of horrible Snape-wang, probably the best long fanfic Senie and I have seen is called Roman Holiday. Check it out. I'll post the link when I'm at home and can look it up. Major lemon, but also an excellent story too.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:37 am
Chibi-Czar

I wonder if the board could do a giant fic called: Harry Potter - And The Jolted Up Crazies.

Could be a hit IMO...

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:40 am
Sith Lord

Let's avoid jolting up Fiss, as my current proximity to him might mean I get covered in Jolt-splosions. Tasty, messy, and highly corrosive.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:42 am
Chibi-Czar

jolt explosions hah: fissy wouldn't waste jolt like that. now howabout this:

harry potter and the Jolt Elemental.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:30 am
Chibi-Czar

It's Kill Bill crossed with Wizards and Jolt. With a big pimpin soundtrack! :wink:

Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:10 am
WAR SysOp

<Voldemort stares down at Harry from the balcony of a Japanese resturant>
"You really didn't think it would be that easy...did you?"

<Harry smirks, raising his wand>
"You know...for a minute there? I kinda...AVADAKADAVRA MUTHA FUCKA!"

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:14 am
Moderator of Pain!

I can't really tell, but I think that the only way Ron and Hermione will ever get together in this series is if: 1) one of them almost dies or 2) Harry dies. Malfoy becoming a death-eater seems inevitable, it's only a question of 'when'. Snape dying for Harry might happen, but Harry saving Snape seems out of the question. As for relationships, I'm still rooting for Harry and Hermione, so I guess that's my other. Or Hermione joining Voldermort, that might be interesting.

Oh, and Roman Holiday is superbly written and has a masterful plot. Here's the link: http://www.witchfics.org/anna/romanholiday/index.html. It has two additional sequels, both just as entertaining. Check em out sometime, eh?

Lady Senie

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:49 am
Chibi-Czar

Rowling finished the series like two years ago. They're just releasing them slowly so as to milk as much money out of the series as possible.

Veritor wrote:
i reckon other) Sirrius fights voldemort to save harry, but ends up failing, spurring harry on to further rage and the eventual death of Voldemort, 5 books later.

Sirrius died in book 5. That pretty much rules that out.

Lady Senie wrote:
I can't really tell, but I think that the only way Ron and Hermione will ever get together in this series is if: 1) one of them almost dies or 2) Harry dies. Malfoy becoming a death-eater seems inevitable, it's only a question of 'when'. Snape dying for Harry might happen, but Harry saving Snape seems out of the question. As for relationships, I'm still rooting for Harry and Hermione, so I guess that's my other. Or Hermione joining Voldermort, that might be interesting.

1) Both of them have almost died more than once through the course of the series. Look at the logic: Ron and Hermione bicker like an old married couple, and Rowling has compared the two's arguments to the arguments between Mr. and Mrs. Weasley on no less than four occasions. Plus, in the fourth book, Ron noticed Hermione was female, and asked her to the Yule Ball (though was turned down due to a prior request). Not only that, but the intorduction of Ginny as the second female to the group who had a crush on Harry to begin with, is Ron's sister so that there is no chance for romance there, and recently broke up with her boyfriend; not to mention the fact that at the end of the fifth book Ron gave Harry a "pleading look" when Ginny waxed on about who she would date next and the fact that the eventual marriage of Ginny and Harry would lead to Harry beign part of the Weasley family, somethign that had been repeatedly noted as being a desire of Harry's throughout the books.

Harry saving Snape would parallel Harry's father saving Snape. There has been shown to be repeated parallels between Harry and Snape's relationship and James and Snape's relationship. To go a bit more into depth here, Snape also sees Malfoy as himself at a young age, and Harry as James at a young age. So I forsee Snape attempting to steer Malfoy away from becoming a Death Eater (a mistake Snape made and regrets). In keepin with that parallel, Harry would need to save Malfoy at some point.

Also, Hermione is muggle-born, thus making her unpalpatable to Voldemort as a follower (he only chooses pure-bloods). Not to mention that Hermione is probably going to become one of three things, 1) A teacher, 2) A healer, or 3) Join the Ministry of Magic in the Department of Muggle Affairs with Mr. Weasley.

"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:23 pm
Chibi-Czar

sirius is not dead. at least not yet. he simply fell through a 1 way portal attached to an ancient magical artifac that if you lissten you can here the voices of the dead. besides, even if he is, the fanfictionverse sustains him.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:38 pm
Knight

If Fiss wrote the last book, I'd buy it. (Of course, it'd be the first HP book I actually bought. I borrow friends' copies.)

One thing I really would like to see is a bit more of the other houses. Especially someone who proves that Slytherin != Junior Death Eater. It really rubs me the wrong way that, from the way it looks now, the message Rowling is sending is that ambition and cunning are bad/evil. Of course, I know she seems to be emphasizing the racism of more prominant members of that house, but I'd like to see a character who got in because they exhibit the valued personality traits of the house, rather than family legacy.

It's entirely possible. There are a few characters who aren't much more than a name from the Sorting first year.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:21 am
WAR SysOp

Very possible, and a major open opportunity for fanfiction that's generated some truely good stories.

I would definitely put a few 'good' slytherin in the story, and have more asshole Griffyndors. Especially in Year 4+, when puberty is hitting all these magical kids and messing with their heads. :P

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:33 am
Chibi-Czar

in regards to the ron/hermione pir. you forget that in both the 4th and 5th book ron has been very.. err darker than normal. and just a tad cruel. i've seenon the order of 7 or 8 fics were he has become a deatheater.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:59 am