It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:52 am

Eureka Seven series 
Chibi-Czar

Post Eureka Seven series
Well.. i just finished off the series the other night (nearly 16 eps in one go)

I must say, in 50 eps for the whole sha-bang.. its in the top 5 list of mine.

So much raw emotion went into the series, some comedy, some mecha, for the surfer fans.. watch it ^_^ , i just want to go on but it would just not make it any more cool then it already is.

Here's the plot outline:

An aeon has passed since human beings were driven from the Earth. After much searching for a place to live in peace, they finally discovered the Land of the Covenant. It was a desolate planet; its surface covered by a substance similar to coral, and a hitherto unknown ion called Traver filled the air. They settled upon this planet, and built huge towers in order to use Traver effectively. Under these towers, countries were established, and the United States of the Towers was founded to unify them.

Several hundreds years have passed since then. Renton is a boy who lives with his grandfather in the Tower Country Belforest. He has one major complaint about his life. As the son of the great hero Adrock, who saved the world from the disaster known as the Summer of Love at the cost of his own life, Renton shoulders a burden trying to live up to this name. Furthermore, his grandfather is a mechanic and expects Renton to take over the family business.

His only mental escape is Liff, a sport where one glides through the Traver. Renton yearns to follow in the footsteps of Holland, a charismatic Liff Rider, and to travel around gliding like him, believing that a big wave of change will come to him some day.

Thats the outline from AnimeNfo.com
Eureka Seven

The series is good for the first 10-15 eps.. then it gets better in the 20-30 eps.. 40-50...

I'll say this.. the end of the series had me in tears from the emotion that was in it.
I have no choice but to say that this is a "couples" anime series.. i HIGHTLY suggest watching it with your significant other.

[/emo anime rant]
:D

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:56 pm
Chibi-Czar

Huh - well, now that I've all caught up to the current releases of DeathNote (the anime is up to ep 7 as of a couple days ago), this looks like it'll be great to keep me busy. Ack, I need more hours in my days!

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:19 pm
Chibi-Czar

We need to do it like the japanese.. 26 hour days

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:26 pm
Chibi-Czar

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/1 ... sic-sleep/

"Polyphasic sleep involves taking multiple short sleep periods throughout the day instead of getting all your sleep in one long chunk. A popular form of polyphasic sleep, the Uberman sleep schedule, suggests that you sleep 20-30 minutes six times per day, with equally spaced naps every 4 hours around the clock. This means you?re only sleeping 2-3 hours per day. I?d previously heard of polyphasic sleep, but until now I hadn?t come across practical schedules that people seem to be reporting interesting results with."

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:23 pm
WAR SysOp

Of course, Polyphasic sleep requires aprox 2 or 3 weeks to adjust to. I'd rather just stay up all night watching anime and sleep all day than have to plan my REM. :P Just me, though... only 'needing' 4 hours of sleep a night would be rather nice.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:00 pm
Chibi-Czar

like u Zangetsu i started watching Eureka 7 waay after everyone else has seen it... i must say i was really surprised how good it was... actually had a smile on my face when i finished watching it... now to only read the manga version

Tue May 01, 2007 8:40 am
Chibi-Czar

Find me the manga and i'd be REALLY happy!!

Tue May 01, 2007 9:02 am
Chibi-Czar

I liked it when i first watched a couple episodes, and I like it now.

SUPER NIVASH IS OVAR NINE THOUSAND!

I mean, they took everything that was cool about mecha and combat, threw it together, slapped on some physics, then crafted an epic story around it.

And Holland is awesome too.

Wed May 02, 2007 5:07 pm
Chibi-Czar

Don't forget that it's also a surfers dream anime :p

Thu May 03, 2007 9:13 am