It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm

Just got back from advance screening of Transformers... 
Chibi-Czar

Post Just got back from advance screening of Transformers...
You MUST see this movie. It will ROCK your FACE off.

That is all.

Drag Queen Grandma Snape says: RUNS in my STOCKINGS??!! FIFTY POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR!!!!

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Abandon all hope, you who would enter!- Divina Comedia

"Don't mess with me lady! I've been drinking with skeletons!" -Hellboy

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:05 pm
WAR SysOp

Many trustworthy peoples have been saying the same thing to me. I now declare my childhood slightly more Rape-Proof, and will go to this movie with open arms. :D

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:18 am
Moderator of Pain!

I saw it last night and I was not disappointed. A piece of my childhood has been saved from total rapeage. Micheal Bay (when he's being told what to do by Steven Speilberg) can actually be a competant director. I actually laughed out loud at the shots Micheal takes at his previous films.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:39 am
Chibi-Czar

ROLL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking childhood dreams are safe and i am for one very pleased with the movie.
The fact that the original voice actor that did Optimus's voice came back to do the movie..WIN!
Bumble Bee changing from the old camero to the new concept one was fucking beauty and the rest..i was upset to see Jazz getting killed.
His poor spark being snuffed out.

Ratchett,Bumblebee,Ironhide,Jazz and Optimus...Needed more...but i'm happy with what i got!

Watch,download or something..WATCH THIS MOVIE!

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:25 pm
Ni - Master

Post My take ***SPOILERS***
I'm sorry, I must have seen a different Transformers from the rest of you guys. While as a movie, Transformers was good, but as a Transformers movie it fell on its face. The introduction of the Autobots was ok, though I wish they had some more screen time to really allow the audience to get to know them. On the other hand, the Decepticons were woefully under developed. I mean they introduced, and killed, most of them in about 5 minutes. You never really get why they are the bad guys other than the say so of the Autobots and the actions of 3 of them. I would have prefered that they had really gotten some screen time too, both to let us see how bad they were even to eachother, and to know that, by their actions, Megatron was just as bad as Optimus made him out to be. As for the Allspark, I would have liked to see that, while the Transformers it made were innitially feral, some of them were predisposed to good. It would have been awesome when the xbox went all evil, the Mountain Dew machine acted to protect people. Also, I think its stupid for them to kill off all the Decepticons so fast, since they were never properly introduced the audience doens't care that they die.

As for the Transformers themselves, though they look mighty impressive, its really hard to tell whats going on when they battle. The way Bay did it there was more focus on what the humans were doing as opposed to what the robots were doing.

But, thats just me.

King of the Wicker People

It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signafying nothing. - Shakespear

Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses. - Arthur C. Clark

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:18 pm
Chibi-Czar

Location: The Frozen North of the Upper Peninnsula of Michigan
Post Re: My take ***SPOILERS***
Chaos Lord wrote:
On the other hand, the Decepticons were woefully under developed. I mean they introduced, and killed, most of them in about 5 minutes. You never really get why they are the bad guys other than the say so of the Autobots and the actions of 3 of them. I would have prefered that they had really gotten some screen time too, both to let us see how bad they were even to eachother, and to know that, by their actions, Megatron was just as bad as Optimus made him out to be.

Unfortunately, we are constrained by the fact that there was only a limited amount of time available for character development on the bad guys. Given how rapidly the movie progressed, I'm surprised we got as much as we did, and that there was development of the Autobots at all. Plus, the idea was that humans weren't going to become secondary characters just because there were a few huge robots stomping around. I always wondered at that watching the old cartoons, actually. The humans were pretty scarce in the older episodes.

I enjoyed the movie, and while it wasn't all it could have been it was a decent attempt, especially since I recall Bay being quoted as saying he didn't really want to work on the project at first.

At least there'll be a sequel. After all, some of the decepticons weren't dead at the end of the movie.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:40 pm
Ni - Master

Post Re: My take ***SPOILERS***
}=]DarkNate wrote:

Unfortunately, we are constrained by the fact that there was only a limited amount of time available for character development on the bad guys. Given how rapidly the movie progressed, I'm surprised we got as much as we did, and that there was development of the Autobots at all. Plus, the idea was that humans weren't going to become secondary characters just because there were a few huge robots stomping around. I always wondered at that watching the old cartoons, actually. The humans were pretty scarce in the older episodes.

I enjoyed the movie, and while it wasn't all it could have been it was a decent attempt, especially since I recall Bay being quoted as saying he didn't really want to work on the project at first.

At least there'll be a sequel. After all, some of the decepticons weren't dead at the end of the movie.

Well the thing is, had they removed either the hacker subplot, or the diversity squad one, then there would have been alot more time for the Transformers. The only human plot that is really nessecary is the Sam one. He is our window into the world of the Transformers. Any questions we the audience may have should be asked by him. I mean the entire Secretary of Defense plot line was stupid. I know our government is a tad slow, but I can't imagine them attributing destruction on the scale seen at Quatar to the North Koreans. Those guys just got the bomb, who in their right mind would think that they would have the capability to make something more advanced than even we can turn out?

King of the Wicker People

It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signafying nothing. - Shakespear

Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses. - Arthur C. Clark

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:34 am