It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 am

Americans Loves Us Some Guns 
Chibi-Czar

Post Americans Loves Us Some Guns
America Most Heavily Armed Country

Quote:
Only about 12 percent of civilian weapons are thought to be registered with authorities.

"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:08 am
Ni - Master

My god. Yet another reason to not cut someone off in traffic apparently.

"No, a vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely.
"Which is?"
"A legend."

Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:13 pm
Chibi-Czar

Post Re: Americans Loves Us Some Guns
Anony-mouse wrote:
America Most Heavily Armed Country

Quote:
Only about 12 percent of civilian weapons are thought to be registered with authorities.
"And you say that as if it's a bad thing..."

Actually EVERY sale from a gun dealer to a customer is registered (ATF Form 4473 - completely requires ID verification and NICS background check before you walk out the door with your new toy). The dealer is required by Federal law to keep the form on file FOR-fucking-EVER. And I'm in a real good position to know, b/c not only do I, if I buy a gun, sworn officer or no, retired officer or no, I have to fill out the same exact Form 4473, and go through the same exact background NICS check, and my information is on file FOR-same-exact-fucking-EVER, just like everydamnbody else.

Thus, we may, therefore, dismiss the "Geneva - based 'Graduate Institute of International Studies'" report as so much more bullshit, fuck 'em very much.

AND, I would point out, in the very SAME article you're using to dig, is a suggestion that not all is as it seems in the BIASEDLY limited cut you provide on the statistics:
the article wrote:

India had the world's second-largest civilian gun arsenal, with an estimated 46 million firearms outside law enforcement and the military, though this represented just four guns per 100 people there
A)Gee, four Citizens per 100 Serfs? ]You can prove ANYTHING with statistics, if you narrow your base enough {read: prostitute your soul enough}

Bottom line: my bullshit detector is about to wrap the needle around the top peg over this so-called "study". Take your Sheeple-creating thing out ot the garden - you'll grow lovely rose bushes with it.

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:57 pm
Chibi-Czar

Post Re: Americans Loves Us Some Guns
Michael J Doyle wrote:
Take your Sheeple-creating thing out ot the garden - you'll grow lovely rose bushes with it.

*gigglesnort*

Onto the topic at hand...

I live in TX, and my family has an arsenal, impressive stuff... BUUTTTT... all of us are registered gun users... and lifetime members of the NRA... but thats something else entirely...

the US is actually pretty good about keeping track of gun sale... especially in the South... well TX at least...

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:04 pm