It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 am

Shinji is DEFINITELY not a bitch! 
Chibi-Czar

Post Shinji is DEFINITELY not a bitch!
so I got the last 26 minutes of Eva 2.0 off Rei ayanami chan, watched it and I am floored. absolutely floored.

I LIKE Mari (the new pilot) the girl has brass friggin balls! arm cut off? fuck it. she'll attack the angel with her freaking TEETH!

and then the reactivation of Unit one in the battle against Zeruel.... holy god shades of FLCL and other such utterances of awe! I DARE anyone to call shinji a bitch after watching him rip into that damn angel. I dare 'em!

I am sold. is there some form I can fill out so that Gainax can just drip EVA into my soul for cash? please?

this concludes the rantings of a fanboy. thank you for your time

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:12 pm
Chibi-Czar

Post Re: Shinji is DEFINITELY not a bitch!
I take it, then, that this gets a, "Watch. Now" recommendation? :P

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:02 pm
Chibi-Czar

jumps up and down and points at the movie with a big grin on his face.

some people don't like it because they changed things. I say to those people; go watch the TV show. there's no reason for the Eva Team to re-do the exact same damn thing twice. I want new and shiny! I want to see a different take. and I want to see if they ripped any more ideas off my fanfics =P
(seriously, imprisoned angels on the moon? I did that in Moonlight sonata... its CREEPY!)

Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:08 am
Hamstermaster

I remember that one Hotwire....

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:26 pm
Chibi-Czar

whats REALLY out of sorts is that Rebuild might also be using the same idea that Fiss used in Higher Learning!

there are things in Rebuild that suggest that this has all happened before. rumors that Kawaru refers to meeting Shinji AGAIN. stuff I can not confirm.

and then there's mari. way back on the Evangelion mailing List and the fanfiction days of yore, it became common to refer to Toji's little sister as Mari Suzuhara. I don't know who did it first, but the name seemed to stick and hundreds of fics have used it. what are the odds here? I haven't seen you can (not) advance yet, other than the last 20 min unsubbed shot with a camcorder in a theater... but there's definitely something funky with the way the details get moved around in the new telling. I think Anno's up to something. or at least, I really, really hope so. it would be cool to see the surprise on all the jaded 'Ive seen it all before' types.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:36 pm
WAR SysOp

Considering the first Eva had hints that it had all happened before, I'm not surprised. :)

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:58 am
Chibi-Czar

saw the whole movie over the weekend, so:

WARNING INCOMING SPOILER!!!!!!

HERE COMES SPOILER!!!!!

you have been warned.

I fucking mean it, don't read this if you want to be surprised six months from now when there is a decent fansub floating around.

Activate... DARKTEXT! (because I'm apparently not L33t enough to figure out invisitext on this forum)

its been years since I got a really good Eva fix. You can (NOT) advance was awesome, but it more or less was the first two disks of the series shined up and pretty. this one, whoo-God so full of secrets! I loves me some secrets! there are spooky things going on in the background. you can practically feel the mindfuck closing in on you.

so here are some impressions. a spoiler ridden review of a Eva geek.

Asuka... whoo. NOT the same Asuka. Last name change aside, there may be a serious timeline divergence going on here. she has this doll, see? its like a hand puppet. she talks to herself in a widdle girl voice in one scene. so what hit me yesterday while browsing a few fan-translation threads is that this Asuka's mom may not have offed herself. as a result, Asuka is more open, connects to the others faster. she is still distant, and LOUD! she announces her intentions to others pretty plainly. this time, no "sleepwalking" she goes to his room (Misato, why did you movie Shinji into the closet?) lays down next to him and they have a chat. my Favorite bit: "from here on, to avoid confusion, you call me Asuka and I'll call you Baka Shinji"

Mari... ah Mari is a whole new world of fucked up crazy chick. it seems that while Asuka is the ever professional, ace pilot we love, Mari is that person on the battlefield who will fucking eat you. the one who smiles after you slug them in the jaw. she is balls-out psycho in battle and I think I might be in love. she may also be a Seele agent. no evidence, just a hunch. shes working for SOMEONE, and its not NERV. her entrance to Japan was funny as hell. she seems to be British, if I was pinning her Engrish accent. (Kaji's Engrish was so bad I couldn't understand a fucking word he said in the opening scene.)

Asuka got fucked up. Toji wasnt the Pilot of unit 03 this time, she was. Shinji took it fucking hard, the reaction of "GET OUT HERE FATHER!" is much more visceral this time. and Gendou doesn't just pressurize the entry plug to be a dick, Shinji pushed a button. told him that Gendou should loose "someone close to him so he would know what it feels like." I can only imagine the cold snap going on in Gendou's head at that moment. it was awesome.

oh, and Unit One goes Super Sajian. scared the shit out of me. some horrifing metaphysical shit happens. my words can not do it justice. not yet. but soon. oh yes, very soon.

anyway, must sleep.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:42 pm
Hamstermaster

:twisted:

My friend managed to find a copy of You Can Not Advance.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:14 pm