Ren and Stimpy 55%  55%  [ 5 ]
Rocko's Modern Life 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Rugrats 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Doug 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 9

Kids are idiots 
Doom Lobster

Post Kids are idiots
You know, back in my day, Nickelodeon rocked. I don't just mean that I was young enough to appreciate it, Nick was actually cool. Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's modern life, heck even Rugrats. These shows were great! You can't say that on tv, salute your shorts, are you afraid of the dark?- all eternal classics. But nowadays... Nick sucks. The shows are stupid and have no creative thought behind them what so ever. For instance, Rocket Power. I can see the "creator" now. Hmm, what do kids think is cool... extreme sports. Ok. Hawaii. Ok. Young kids kicking ass. Got it. Alright so we'll make a show about young kids in hawaii who lvie their life by extereme sports. Oh and we'll put in a fat pale kid so that way all the fat pale kids out there can think "I can be cool too."

Also, shows used to be funny. Ren and Stimpy! Now look at Spongebob Squarepants. Oh how I LOATHE spongebob squarepants. How can this show possibly be popular! Its become cool even amongst teenagers and young adults to like this show. I hate it! I watched it one time, and all it is is stupidity for the sake of stupidity. The charcters do the most arbitrary zany things and its meant to amuse just because it is rediculous. That isn't humor, its stupidity! But not funny stupidity, stupid stupidity.

But you know, when I had lost all hope for Nick, I found it. Invader Zim. What an awesome show it is. Funny on the level of a child, but filled with hidden jokes adults can appreciate. A little dark slightly twisted and always hysterical. Any ou know what? IT GOT CANCELED! IT GOT CANCELD BECAUSE THOS ]E STUPID BRAT CHILDREN ARE TOO BUSY WATCHING SPONGEBOB FUCKING SQUAREPANTS TO CARE ABOUT INVADER ZIM! Spongebob MUST DIE! The next college student I see wearing spongebob merchandise is getting punched in the face. Spongebob is not cool, spongebob is not funny, and he is not harmless. Because he, and "rocket power" and the "fairly odd parents" (which comes close to being decent) and "as told be ginger" and whatever the hell else kids are watching nowadays KILLED INVADER ZIM!

If I thought online petitions did anything I would make one to have cartoon network, who apprecaites good cartoons, pick up Invader Zim. But they don't so I won't bother.

I just had a rant and I don't feel any better at all.

All spelling mistakes are intentional, even when not. Typos are put in for your enjoyment.

And no one comment on the fact that I know so much about Nickelodeon's current programming. I saw a commercial once and I have a good memory. Honest.
Actually it comes from very very late nights with nothing on TV.
.... no one mention that Nickelodeon cartoons aren't on at night...

An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!

Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:16 pm
Chibi-Czar

And I think Invader Zim was cancelled because it offended too many parents.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:20 pm
Chibi-Czar

Invader Zim was canceled because too many little kids were going out and looking for other stuff by Vasquez. They then stumbled upon "Johnny The Homicidal Maniac" and parents didn't much care for that.

"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:40 pm
WAR SysOp

Not to mention they pissed off Vasquez. Even if some moron at Nick did the books and noticed they made TONNES of coin on it and the DVD's, half the staff (including the creator, director and two writers) wouldn't want to come back.

Nick fucked over the best show they had in years. Now...let them suffer.

I'm hoping Jhonen makes more comics. ^_^

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:45 pm
Chibi-Czar

Wasn't he doing, uh, wossname? That one full-colour set, with that chick that dated Nny the one time...
<_<

Anyway, he set JTHM up for a sequel series, so we can simply lie back and wait. In glee.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:26 pm
Chibi-Czar

Sponge Bob rocks, by the way. It has some of the most clever physical gags since Warner Bros. stopped innovating Looney Tunes.

Your dislike of the current crop of cartoons has less to do with the quality actually dipping (remember there was a lot of controversy over Ren & Stimpy ultimately leading to it's being cut) and more to do with the fact that your brain structure makes it harder for you to adapt to new things because of your age. If you were regressed to a ten y/o again you'd find these new shows just as funny. You'd also be able to learn a foreign language without an accent for the same reasons. Think about how your parents felt about your cartoons.

On another note, a great cartoon you didn't put on the poll is Animaniacs. It has creative slapstick and some hilarious one liners, most of which you won't get unless you're over twenty,

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:40 pm
Chibi-Czar

While I agree with SC that there are some good NA kid's toons out there... I have to say, most of it's total crap. I mean, Spongebob, whatever, that's a matter of taste, but I don't think there's much good on these days. Granted, the '80s had crap too (Droids and Ewoks? wtf?), but they had some quality shiznit that just doesn't see an equal these days.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:14 am
WAR SysOp

Also, the bar is raised due to anime and excellent shows like Zim. Hell, even shows like Gargoyles revolutionized U.S. Cartoon goodness.

Spongebob is fine, to taste of course. I'm just shocked with the ammount of pure crap out there. Surely the crap could be moved away for the good shows? <sniffs> If only I could run a TV network...

And, Toze, "I Feel Sick" was only the 2-parter. (though more would rock)

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:41 am
Chibi-Czar

Right, IFS. Only two parts? ;_; Life sucks.
But I'm sure he's brewing up some HORRIBLE NEW PLOT TO DOOM US ALL.
So. Sit back. Wait.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:24 am
Doom Lobster

On another note, a great cartoon you didn't put on the poll is Animaniacs. It has creative slapstick and some hilarious one liners, most of which you won't get unless you're over twenty,

Animaniacs was not a "nick toon". Same with alot of other good cartoons. Just dealing with nicktoons at the moment. Too much trouble to include every good childhood cartoon. If I put animaniacs up I'd have to put up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Captain Planet and Freakazoid. All great shows, but not "nicktoons" as they were called.

An' foolish notion:
An' ev'n devotion!

Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:07 am
Chibi-Czar

Too much trouble to include every good childhood cartoon. If I put animaniacs up I'd have to put up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Captain Planet and Freakazoid. All great shows,

See, this is what I'm talking about. A few months ago I had the misfortune of watching Captain Planet in syndication. That show blows in so many ways. Poor animation, stupid dialouge, generic villians, the show just sucks. Go back and watch it some time and you'll see what I mean. But you look back on it fondly because it was part of your childhood ritual. It's the same reason no one's cooking tastes as good as mom's, you were conditioned at an impressionable age that that was what the deffinition of "good" and "normal" were. Like I said, that has more to do with you than the shows.

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:41 am
Chibi-Czar

I hate to admit this, but I still retain a certain fondness for the old Forties and Fifties Popeye cartoons that were being rerun when I was growing up...

Oh, hell, did I just date myself again?

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:45 am
Chibi-Czar

The Angry Beavers... not that was cool. Had a good theme and everything...

"el pollo GRANDE! Hac~ienda"
-Norbert, naming the new beaver dam that's really a chicken coup.

"DAHAGET! WHAT ARE YOU DO-ING!"
-Norbert again... asking his brother that question...

"MUSCULAR BEAVER! WHOOSH!"
-Da-er... Muscular Beaver.

"Are you prepared for the superbattle to end all superbattles?!"
-Don't remember the badguy...

"TOOOOOEBOT! Master of the universe!"
-Dagget, in the cereal boxtop episode

Those ruled.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:02 am
Moderator of Pain!

Granted, the '80s had crap too (Droids and Ewoks? wtf?),

Dude, the Droids/Ewok hour ROCKED! It was that, Pole Position, Dungeons and Dragons, CBS Storybreak... Okay, I'll stop. Yes, the 80's had some problems with it, but then again, doesn't EVERY decade??

And leave the Ewoks alone. The theme song was cool.

Lady Senie

Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:43 pm
Chibi-Czar

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:50 pm
Doom Lobster

Hey I remember that Dungeons and Dragons cartoon. That thing rocked! I loved the cowardly night, wimpy babarian, tough thief, and stupid sorceror. No wait the thief was the cute redhead. What was the cool guy then? Anyway that show rocked. Oh and the unicorn Uniy!

An' foolish notion:
An' ev'n devotion!

Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:38 pm