It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:53 pm

Fiss' work in paperback form. 
Duke of New York

Post Fiss' work in paperback form.
I'm going to make a work of Fiss' into paperback form. I'll be making Fiss five copies to have for himself and anyone else he wants. I'm limited only by the fact that I don't have anything that would serve as cover art since I have no Photoshop skills. Anyone willing to convert existing fanart into coverart or to draw fresh art for it, will get a book as well, on me. As for which fic I do depends on what cover art I get. If the art is good enough I'll do more then one fic but right now Higher Learning and Nightmare Oil are the lead contenders.

Work in B&W is cool. I'll see if I can get someone to color it in Photoshop but if not I'll work with whats given to me.

Update: 07/18/05

I putting a one month dead-line (that's August 19) until I just use what's avaliable and make what books I can. Fiss has expressed interest in getting copies of Sailor Moon: Seven Knights. However, it would be cool to have Alternate Reality as well to make a set. There are also folks and fans still interested in making Evangelion: High Learning or Harry Potter and the Nightmare Oil into books as well. However, my general rule is 'If I get art for it, I'll make a copy of it.'

Coverart not used for the cover and any avaliable fanart, will be printed in color and inserted into the middle of the book, much like those movie novelizations I used to read as a kid.

I prefer your canvas to be 4.2 inches by 6.8 inches or 10.67 cm by 17.27 cm. I will critic it and others will to, but it will be with the hope to help make the best coverart possible. JPEG format is preferred but I'll take what I can get. If you don't wish to post your art but still contribute, email it to me and I will still consider it.

Anyone that is rude or obnoxious to those who offer art will be reported by me to Fiss, Azrael, Amon, and I'll tell your mother too. I will reserve the right to kick you in the ass if we ever meet as well.

So, be creative, be nice, and try your best. Got questions or uncertainity, just ask and you will be helped.

Last edited by DraxelBethlehem on Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:32 pm
Chibi-Czar

i'll see about photoshopping some stuff together.

Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:18 pm
Chibi-Czar

Oh holy crap, Higher Learning, paperback style?

How do I get in on this?

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:44 pm
Moderator of Pain!

if need be i can dust off my editing skillz and colorize some stuff for you. just ask. or if someone without skill has a vision i'll try my hand.
for the record i'd be more interested in putting AR on my shelf. but of course that would first require my "special" (read "anal") editing for all nine, and that'd be a lot of work.

http://spiketheslayer.livejournal.com/

Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:31 pm
Duke of New York

I got word last night that SK was what was wanted so that's what I'm going to try and deliver. However, if I get cover art for anything else, like HL, AR, or NO then I will do those to.

Spike, if you want to hit up any of those, then by all means. It would be greatly appreciated.

Just so you know, this is done with the intent of being a birthday present for Fiss. But as I said, if people want to help then they get copies too. Anyone else who wants one would just have to let me know and we can work something out, Might ask them to cover cost and S&H.

Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:01 am
Chibi-Czar

Location: Liverpool, England, HCCCP, Milky Way, Microsoft Universe XP ver 1.3.6
I'll photoshop some stuff together for it man. I'd need sample pictures for anything other than Higher Learning though.

Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:22 am
Chibi-Czar

i've got a pair of covers nearly done for HP:MO, once their done I'll send them to you. or post them.

Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:34 am
Head Pollster

This is interesting; how much would this cost?

INCLUDING THE ABOVE SENTENCE.

HAVE FUN! :D

Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:00 am
Duke of New York

The way it'll work is that once I have one book made I will have a sold figure on that because it will depend on how many pages it comes out to mostly and then for the shipping and handling, I have to also wait to determine how much the book will weigh since I will ship them FedEx (I get a nice discount with them) but once the first book is finished I will have a sold price to post and probably pictures of what they look like as well.

Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:27 pm
Chibi-Czar

I'd love to have Omoi Paperback style.

HL would be also nice but i'm more intrested in Omoi.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:18 pm
Duke of New York

1. Get coverart. There's not too much hurry on this since I've got a hurricane coming at me at this moment and I'm going to have to evac to avoid flooding. Now after that, it could be anywhere from a week to a month (depending on if I'll just be cleaning up the house I'm at or moving back to DC) before I can talk again about this but go ahead and email me at draxel@hotmail.com with any art or post it here.

2. I make the books and send off Fiss' copies. At that time I should have a price for the rest of ya and then start taking orders.

So, that's the last post from me for a while so God bless and be good you wacky kids.

Later,
D

Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:21 pm
WAR SysOp

Watch out for flying cows, man. Take care and cover if needed! Talk to you when it blows over.

(how's that for bad jokes? :P )

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:24 pm
Chibi-Czar

Where does drax live to have to evac for a Hurricane??

Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:19 pm
Moderator of Pain!

Lady Senie

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:14 pm
Chibi-Czar

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:24 pm
Chibi-Czar

Yes yes...paperbackFiss.... Yes... I would be interested in this too, possibly.. interested yes indeed... yes yes...

Avatar Image drawn by Sheldon Noble.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:59 pm
Chibi-Czar

Hey, anyone think RKumono might be interested?

:P

Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:13 pm
Chibi-Czar

Jeeze. Creating a front cover is harder than I thought. Anyone got any ideas as to what they'd like to see on it? My dilemma is what pictures 'not' to use really. :P

Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:17 pm
Chibi-Czar

choose a defning moment of the stories that really fires up your imagination. that way, your cover art will hopefully do the same for readers.

The Incorporated States of Katangara.Downtreading the populace since 2003.

Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:49 pm
Moderator of Pain!

Spike, if you want to hit up any of those, then by all means. It would be greatly appreciated.

My editing requires Fiss to thus read the edit and make corrections where he deems suitable, thus I'll only bother if Fiss himself wants to do it. If he does, I'll gladly get started ASAP. let me know.

http://spiketheslayer.livejournal.com/

Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:57 pm
Duke of New York

Post ROCK ME LIKE A HURRICANE!
Well, the hurricane decided to change it's course apparently, but I at least got a lot of cleaning on the house done.

As for coverart, it's doesn't matter what it is. It could be a full blown Star Wars like menagarie of people, places, and other assorted nouns. It could be a simple one shot picture like I mentioned to someone of a Fiss katana lying next to Moon's sceptre one a white background with heavy shadows (that's a simple AR idea). Anything. Just make it look as good as you can and let your creative juices flow. Just don't leave stains.

Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:32 pm
Chibi-Czar

for my HP:MO one i'm using pics from the movies, and several inverted colour scenes. also, i'm working on a missionaries idea at the moment, though it will be an ongoing project.... hmm flash... yes....hmm tanks.....hmm theban.... aha!

Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:03 pm
Chibi-Czar

Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:52 pm
Head Pollster

INCLUDING THE ABOVE SENTENCE.

HAVE FUN! :D

Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:24 pm
Duke of New York

I think the only thing I would sweat about this is that Fiss has top billing over the title. It looks cool but I'd be thinking from a sort of marketing point of view that I wouldn't want people that pick it up to think they're about to read something called 'Strike Fiss Neon Gensis Evangelion Higher Learning.' I'd probably want to move his name to the bottom and put "by" in front of it.

But that's just me.

Well, I was about to let myself get away with saying that I'd roll with this and then I remembered there might be other people that want to try for it. So, no final descision will be made until....one month from now. It also gives me time to prep the books and see if Fiss wants to write some new Author's Notes especially for the paperback editions.

The books will be made to fit 4.2x6.8 mostly cause that's the same size as my collection of Riftwar paperbacks by Raymond Fiest (kick ass series by the way). So, hope that helps.

Good luck to all those willing.

Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:00 pm