It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:42 pm

Fiss' work in paperback form. 
Duke of New York

(In his Emperor Palpatine voice) Good! Gooood!

Excellent. Dark Machine: I got your EoHL submission. Excellent work.

Like I promised anyone who submits a cover gets their copies of the books with their covers on them (unless otherwise requested). So, I've forwarded the cover to the Fiss household for approval and will be converting all four Eva submissions into covers for you guys.

Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:24 pm
Chibi-Czar

What would it take to get a copy of the set when they are done?

Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:26 pm
Duke of New York

What would it take to get a copy of the set when they are done?

Well....I let Gir say it for me
http://www.siberkat.com/thewavszim2/dancewithg.wav

Seriously though, all you have to do is ask....and pay. Yes, you will pay. Oh, how you will pay! HAHAHAHA!

Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:37 pm
Chibi-Czar

and pay.. how much are you talking about?? $20-40?
and if so.. i'm koo with that.

Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:44 pm
Duke of New York

Gir is the twisted little droid assigned to aid Zim on his "mission" to take over the Earth in Invader Zim. http://imdb.com/title/tt0235923/

I'm only charging cost for the book. No profit is being made on these books so you don't have to worry about me jacking up prices. I'll lay out costs and ordering info when all the books are made. If anyone wants a specific cover then I have no problem making them that way (since I'm the one making them).

Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:27 pm
Chibi-Czar

Hell, I wouldn't mind you taking a profit, if it went mostly to Fiss. :P

Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:45 pm
Duke of New York

I'm doing this mostly to just see if I can. That and I like doing things that are....interesting. And this qualifies as an interesting challenge.

You also have to consider the copyright issues. It's better to do this clearly stating that no profits can or will be taken from it. Last thing I need is a team of corporate lawyers crawling up my ass over something as simple as someones hobby. That's why I am only going to charge what it takes to make and ship the books and not a penny more. If Fiss wants money for his writings, I personally think he needs to start writing something to be published. Anyone with money burning a bigger hole in their pocket should go here http://www.icrc.org/ to dump it. Or go visit Calgary and buy Fiss Jolt. Or come down to Texas and buy me dinner. That will work.

(The previous entry is to dispell any doubt and further cover my ass that I am not trying to take advantage of other people's creative work and am doing this purely for fun. DONT SUE ME!!!!!!!!!!!)

Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:15 pm
Duke of New York

Post Lightbulb! No wait....
That gives me an EVIL IDEA! I contact the people that have publishing rights to Eva in the US. See if they'd be interested in publising these. The trick is they market it as a Fan made thing. Even get some other fanfiction authors to chip in their works so it's an anthology and people with great Eva art can throw in pictures here and there. All pro bono work on their part though.

Now here's the kick ass part; it's for charity. Might not be able to get it all together by the time the mess in New Orleans is cleaned up but there's always charity causes in need. The contributors get their names out there if they are aspiring writers and artists and its great PR and advertising for the company that makes them and for the anime, especially with the live action Eva movie they're trying to get together. Maybe even get some companies who deal in anime and manga to help out in exchange for an ad in the back or something.

But then again, it'd probably never work.

Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:31 pm
Chibi-Czar

Location: Liverpool, England, HCCCP, Milky Way, Microsoft Universe XP ver 1.3.6

Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:04 am
Head Pollster

Spike, I'd be more than happy to contribute something for a project like that. Like you said, even if we couldn't get things ready for the hurricane relief, there are always other good causes out there. So count me in! :)

INCLUDING THE ABOVE SENTENCE.

HAVE FUN! :D

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:51 am
Moderator of Pain!

::blinks:: But... That was Draxel Between... [/Dib]

Lady Senie

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:02 am
Chibi-Czar

Ok Drax, this is what i was able to come up with for the SK cover.

I do hope this is something you like, same with you Fissy. This is your works going in a book... I can't wait.

Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:26 pm
Duke of New York

Well, thought about it. Decided i didn't really care if the covers are a surprise. Especially since my Photoshop skills arent that impressive that they will amaze anyone. Besides, the surprise is what else I fit into the EoHL book but since it says what that is on the EoHL cover, doesn't really matter.

Bottom line:
Dark Machine, this is what your covers will look like.
Higher Learning: http://www.geocities.com/draxelprime/hldmcover.jpg
End of Higher Learning: http://www.geocities.com/draxelprime/eohldmcover.jpg

Dark Nate, I still need to fit your email into it instead of DM's but I will make the changes tonight since I got you email off your profile now. Until then this is what your covers will look like.
Higher Learning: http://www.geocities.com/draxelprime/hldncover.jpg
End of Higher Learning: http://www.geocities.com/draxelprime/eohldncover.jpg

I made these on Photoshop instead of Pagemaker at the suggestion of a co-worker and I think they came out better. Like I said, I'm not a PS pro and truthfully this is my first real attempt at fiddling hardcore with the program so if you don't like them, give me a suggestion on how to improve them or sod off.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:26 pm
Duke of New York

It's offical. I have a self-destructive streak a mile wide. I just finished editing the first four "chapters" of AR. Senie almost went into shock when I told her. Anyway, that's one self contained book I need as cover for.

I'm thinking of adding on Hooze's writing again to this one to fill it out if anyone is interested; "Much Ado about Endymion" and "Darien 16". Now what I'm going to do for any filler stories for the second half of AR, I have no idea. I'd fit 'Wire's first story of his Omoi writings but I think that may be too big and wouldn't fit well in the timeline of events. It'd be better to fit that in with the second half of SK or just lump his stuff together as one book. Maybe one day.

Also I'm doubting wether I want to put the files up for the books so that people could print their own. The last thing we need is for some schmo in Thailand backwater printing these things out and selling them on some back alley. Copyright lawyers would have a field day and it would ruin my mood. What da ya think?

Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:58 am
Chibi-Czar

y not just upload the book files to anyone who asks? i'm certainly unable to get a copy off you since i can't pay for the shipment and stuff

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:00 pm
Moderator of Pain!

Honestly, I'd say keep it the way you have it, bro, with the whole shipping thing. 'Cause Eva and Sailor Moon are two SUPER HUGE enterprises that are more likely to sue you should your books end up on the market than not. They're extremely jealous of theirmoney-makers. It's best to be on the safe side.

Lady Senie

Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:09 pm
Head Pollster

Probably best to keep things to the way they are; but if there are one or two folk that can't afford the shipping cost, maybe you could send it to a limited list, on condition of a Paypal payment.

INCLUDING THE ABOVE SENTENCE.

HAVE FUN! :D

Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:35 pm
Duke of New York

I'll keep them and hook people up whom i know, such as Tenryu. As for the shipping costs, internationally I do imagine it'll be a pretty penny but if I can get this done within the next two months (at the end of which I'm hoping to be moving back to DC) then I'll hook people up with the discount I have. I work for Fedex after all. It should have so perks besides keeping me stressed, broke, and smoking.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:43 pm
Duke of New York

Update: The perfect binder at work got fixed and I've run the test copies. People at work wonder why I'm not selling them, they look that good. However, there are problems with margins and the covers listing to the left so I have to compinsate for that. So, Eva books are now 90% done. Will post pictures of them after complition for people to salivate on.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:26 pm
WAR SysOp

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....Meatspace goodness. ^_^ glad to hear things are going well...

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:31 pm
Duke of New York

Well, here's the low down. I'm down in Corpus Christi, TX because my grandparents got too old to take care of themselves and live on their own. So, with the lack of assistance from my aunt and uncle, my folks took them in but someone had to take care of the house so I went ahead and came down to clear out the house andd renovate it a bit.

Now, I've got a bit of a time limit on me since I've got a month and change to finish up the house and move back to civilization (cause Corpus sucks). So, I'm going to put the books on hold for now and finish up here. If all goes well, I'll transfer to a Kinko's up in the DC area and be able to work on the books again then. But I will finish this.

So, this gives people time to work on covers. If you have side fics that you want to write, with Fiss' approval, I might be able to squeeze them in the books that correspond with the time that they take place in the story lines. Who knows. I might even be able to get Hotwire's stories into a book form while I'm at it. But one thing at a time.

Anyway, drop a line if you got stuff to share or wish to help out in other ways. I'll let you folks know when I'm back on this.

Later
D

Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:43 pm
Cherub

And this is what I get for not visiting the site for ages. I read through the first and last pages of this and I can see it is moving along. I'm sure this was answered somewhere in the middle I didn't read, but what's the going cost for these? And thanks for your patience with me... after all I am blond this month... wait, I went red, not blond.

jeran

Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:13 am
Duke of New York

:-D Red, huh? <coughs> Ahem. I mean, the books. Yes. Ignore the redhead. Concentrate on the books.

Well, the price at the moment is up in the air. First I have to finish editing them and prepping the covers. After that it's just a matter of figuring out the cost since that's what it will cost you to get them. I'm not charging for profit on these. And shipping too.

But, as previously mentioned, that's on hold at the moment since I need to focus on other (previously stated) things.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:43 pm
Duke of New York

Well, unfortunatly, evidence is indicating that this idea may be a little bit sourer then expected. After looking through publishers practices, knowing Kinko's policies on it, and hearing about one person who got nearly eaten for suggestion readers send her contributions for writing fanfiction, I'm thinking it might not be a good idea to do this out of fear of rabid lawyers of unusual size.

Granted I do have four books two for each HL and EoHl but I'm beginning to think it might be prudent to end this idea where it stands and just send what I have to Fiss as is..

However, I'm all for additional wakey ideas. Who thinks they might want Omoi action figures? Seriously. And PSDF figures as well, now that Toz says it's cool.

But if someone can find someone to do the publishing part of it in a way that won't get me, Fiss, or anyone killed, let me know and I will finish my end of it.

Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:17 am
Duke of New York

The guy who could do the figures is rather good and can do both the detailed figurines and classic action figure type things. His site is at: http://sitesdesignedbysites.com/

With that in mind, any requests on interesting figures?

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:36 am