It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 pm

What's in the crates? 
Chibi-Czar

Post What's in the crates?
This one from the Ukraine, there's a whole bunch of toys from Ivan. Trouble is, Ivan wants 'em back

That one from Iran, I dunno, but it's apparently not healthy to try to find out...

[cross-posted at Excelsior]

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:15 am
WAR SysOp

Post Re: What's in the crates?
They got balls, that's for sure.

Still, they picked a REALLY bad era to pull this shit in. Post 9/11, economic recessions and half a dozen ready-made wars make everyone's trigger fingers itchy.

Wait...they get bonus points for doing this around International Talk Like A Pirate Day. :P

/joking

Hopefully the hostages are remembered before the guns start.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:01 pm
Chibi-Czar

Post Re: What's in the crates?
What hostages are those? On the freighter with the T-72s, they're already counted as dead according to Ivan's counterterrorism doctrine. Or, put another way, the lives of the crew, while certainly important, are not as important as ensuring that nothing flying a Russian or Ukrainian flag ever gets fucked with again - particularly not when it's carrying Russian arms shipments. Story, don't know if it's true or not: supposedly, Hezbollah or another of those assholes decided to snatch up a hostage from the Soviet Embassy in Beirut in the mid 1980s. Spetznaz snatched up one son each from the households of five or six of the local honchos known to support Hezbollah, then sent the honchos their sons left ear in a box... according to the story, after the hostage was released unharmed, it was very safe to be in Beirut if you were a Russian

On the Iranian freighter with the crates o' nasty, it'll be even simpler: the crew will live or die gloriously as martyrs for Islam, as Allah wills. I don't think they're that high a priority for the Islamic Revolutionary Government of Iran. (Although, I would rather admire to learn whether those crates really are holding something nasty, or if the Somali assholes just stumbled into a seagoing hazardous waste spill, or what...)

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:34 pm