It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:28 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Wedding Tradition Origins 
Chibi-Czar

And now, children, Audrin learns the difference between "fanfiction" and "real life." For those of you paying attention, in "real life" there are no tap-backs, and self-insert bullshit like the kind Fiss and I so vigorously engage in (in the fanfic world) will get you killed. Or hung by your intestines via trachea, esophagus, and lynchpin. ^_^

*joins Doyle in his bunker with a sack full of popcorn and a flat of Jolt*
"Let's weld the door shut."

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:29 pm
Chibi-Czar

i think its time for someone to state the obvious for no apparent reason...

Audrin... you went over the line... joking around is okay as long as it doesn't offend anyone

and besides do u think any one would actually let the Groom face a challenge on his wedding day?

Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:58 pm
Chibi-Czar

Audrin, may I humbly suggest that the best course of action at this point is a public posting as well as private messages to Senie and Fiss, containing:
    A) an acknowledgement of error in your attempt at humor
    B) a profound apology for causing needless annoyance
    C) a solemn promise to think things through before posting in the future

Failing that, the most survivable remaining option may be relocating. The cyberspace equivalents of McMurdo Station or Diego Garcia have certain attractions this time of year

<fires up torch, gestures towards Toze's flat of Jolt>
"Spare one of those for a thirsty man?"

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:20 am
Chibi-Czar

*Peers through binocluars*

"I see... a man standing alone in a big empty field. Everyone is running directly away from him. They're running for the hills, running for their lives. Which is a great song, by the way. And I see this shadow around him getting bigger and bigger. But he isn't saying anything. In fact, I think he's avoiding this thread altogether. Maybe someone should warn him."
*glances at the now-welded door.*
"But, thankfully, not us."
*raises binoculars and, munches on popcorn.*

Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:53 pm
Cheerful Groupie

On the other hand, people could leave him alone and encourage him to apologize, possibly putting the whole thing behind us while we get over it and acknowledge the comment's jestful nature.

Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:02 pm
Chibi-Czar

On the other hand, people could leave him alone and encourage him to apologize, possibly putting the whole thing behind us while we get over it and acknowledge the comment's jestful nature.

And isn't that what my last post is desperately pleading with him to do, Daemon? Of course, it must be admitted that, if I had screwed upn that bad, I might've been tempted to fallupon my sword...

(Don't worry, Audrin - the last time I screwed up that bad was ten years ago, and it cost me seventeen stiches, a thirty-day suspension, and a Civil Rights lawsuit that I beat, but spent a year paying my lawyer for beating it...)

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:11 pm
Cheerful Groupie

I'm not concerned with your post and what you implored for him; I'm concerned about all of these people vainly responding on the subject of him being a retard.

He isn't retarded. Sometimes people aren't looking at the road they're walking, so they are bound to miss the brick wall they should have avoided. It happens to everyone. Mike, Tozetre, Senie, Audrin, and yes, sometimes even me. :)

Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:40 pm
Chibi-Czar

Don't be ridiculous. I've never made a mistake or a social gaffe.

But dude, there's a line between social gaffe and "let's kill him" that he crossed. And he's posted plenty in OTHER threads since then, so what conclusion should we draw? Besides the fact that he thinks I'm an arrogant asshole, of couse, and hey, we all knew already. I mean, hey, if he apologizes as abjectly as he needs to to placate Teh Sen, I'll stop hashing on him for his dumb post.

Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:23 pm
Cheerful Groupie

Hey, if there was this great of a social backlash at something I said, I'd avoid the thread too.

Well, okay, maybe not, but I am decidedly emotionless. He, however, does have feelings. Just take it easy.

Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:33 pm
Chibi-Czar

Well, okay, maybe not, but I am decidedly emotionless. He, however, does have feelings. Just take it easy.

No! He's a ROBOT!
O_O
I'd flee, but I'm safe in this bunker. Unless MJD's a robot, too. >_>
Recently someone pointed out to me that humans are made mostly of calcium and iron, both of which are metals. So, with a certain twisting of definition, we're all robots. I found it amusing.

As for going easy- meh. I forgive prettty easily, excepting Cosplay prima donnas, so once I'm assured he's not a total asshat, I'll downgrade from "raging behemoth of raging rage" to "dark prince of blacky darkness in the dark."

btw, Bink, if you're reading this, could you burn me a copy of the This Is Otakon/Fushigi Yuugi vid?

Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:44 pm
Doom Lobster

Yeesh people alot of talking about me. Thankyou to those who made an effort to defend and consider my hunmanitfy.

Firstly I have in no way been avoiding this post, I honestly haven't looked at it since the last time I posted in it. Secondly, Lady Senie, I apologize profoundly if what I said upset you. Honestly never in a million years was that my intention and it certainly would NEVER be my desire. I meant a sword challenge through the board of course (believe me there are species of ape who could beat me in a real life sword challange). But my intentions are unimportant, what is important is that what I said upset you and for that I apologize. I've only become aware of this post now because of Tozetre mentioning it in the other post.

Anyway, my apologies. Certainly no offesnse was meant, but looking back at my previous post its certainly very easy to see how it could have upset you.

Gomenasai. My bad.

Thanks for not banning me from the boards. Glad I was still able TO apologize. Sorry I upset you so, and that Lady Senie being upset upset everyone else. I live in NC anyway, your wedding is far, far, far away.

I wish you nothing but endless happiness on your wedding day and not in a million years would I ever do anything to jeapordize anyones wedding day. Not even my worst enemy. The honeymoon I'd wreck up a bit for said worst enemy, but every woman deserves that one day to go absolutely falwlessly. A wedding day is like christmas. Its everyones special duty to make others happy on christmas. Well on your wedding day its everyones duty to make the bride, and to a lesser extent the groom happy. Only a lesseer extent since its the grooms job to make the bride happy and its the brides job to BE Happy. Anyway, my ranting aside, again sorry. Oh so sorry.

An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!

Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:24 pm
Chibi-Czar

I've only become aware of this post now because of Tozetre mentioning it in the other post.

There. Thanks for the credit, Audrin- now for the rest of you, no claiming I'm some loud tough asshole who doesn't care about anyone. I'm a loud tough asshole who, sometimes, does.

Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:46 pm
The BURNiNATOR!

Location: Main Engineering station of the IPS XionII (hawiian shirt time!)
no claiming I'm some loud tough asshole who doesn't care about anyone. I'm a loud tough asshole who, sometimes, does.

You lie. You're a loud tough asshole who is, in fact, a robot. And so you pretend to sometimes care so you can gain our trust so we'll willingly give you our brains when the time comes. *nod*

Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:48 pm
Chibi-Czar

I mean... LIES!
<_<

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:01 am
The BURNiNATOR!

But back on topic...has anyone mentioned the reception tradition of when the guests clink their utensils on their glasses, the bride and groom kiss?

Last wedding I went to... Oh god. Such a headache from that.

OT: OMg! My furnace is working! happy day!

Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:41 am
Cheerful Groupie

*hobbles up to Tozetre* BRAI....

*hobbles past Tozetre...* BRAINS....

(Please don't hit me. ^_^)

My sister won't let me live down how I and my two brothers all wore black at her wedding. We hold no special significance for black other than it looks good, but she thought we thought it was a funeral.

Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:34 am
Chibi-Czar

Nothing wrong with wearing black at a wedding.

But I plan to wear silver at mine if I can get away with it. Shining bright tie and shirt, at least. And boxers, for later. :3

Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:50 am
The BURNiNATOR!

so when they take the wedding photos, all they'll see where Tozetre is supposed to be is a gianormous lens flare?

Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:54 am
Moderator of Pain!

Apology accepted, Audrin. Forgive me, but I sometimes get a little sensitive about the whole 'we're gonna kill Fiss' thing, as you've no doubt seen in other threads. But in my defensive, I haven't done that in quite a while. Then there's the whole 'selling' thing, which has never gone over very well with me. But I understand that you thought it was funny at the time, so we'll just leave it at that.

ANYway... Slick, I think it's kinda weird to start banging on glass just to get the bride and groom to kiss. I mean... You could ALWAYS ask, right? ::giggles:: I'd be more afraid of broken dishes than anything, though. I heard that people do that nowadays if you don't give them bells to ring or something. Considering that trere's a decent chance we'll be eating off of rented china and I'm REALLY kinda paranoid about that, we might be looking into bells after all. It's still up in the air though.

Oh, and guess what?? We just got a bunch of stuff to start making wedding invitations!! YAY!!! Chris is the creative one, of course, but we're playing around with some ideas right now.

Last edited by Lady Senie on Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:56 pm
Chibi-Czar

Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:59 pm
Rice paper invitations. Seriously that would be the coolest thing ever. Invitations you can eat!

Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:18 pm
Moderator of Pain!

Rice paper invitations. Seriously that would be the coolest thing ever. Invitations you can eat!

::giggles:: I'm suddenly getting Inspector Gadget flashbacks 'this message will self destruct!

Or maybe it's just the remnents of Invader Zim nagging at my brain 'LEAVE NO EVIDENCE!!!!!'

Tozetre wrote:
Invitations written on beef.

::blinks:: Going for the whole 'Alberta beef yay' angle, eh?

Lady Senie

Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:21 pm
Chibi-Czar

Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:04 pm
The BURNiNATOR!

The deapan 'invitations written on beef' almost made me die. XD

Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:02 pm
Chibi-Czar

Nothing is more deadpan than a penguin with boxers on his head.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:35 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next