It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:49 pm

Rockman X, not what you think 
Chibi-Czar

Post Rockman X, not what you think
Ok, I'd like to introduce to everyone the Rockman X saga, created by Angelius Noir, his friend (who will remain anonymous until I get permission otherwise), and partly myself.
Yes, this is a megaman x fanfic.
But, it is different.
Pretty much only a few of the names and ideas were taken from the game series. In other words, it's based VERY LOSELY on the games.
A few things about it....
The stories take place from what I understand is about 100 years in the future. Reploids were made as a counter to the Matrix like AI robots that, of course, turned on their creators. Years past the first reploid construction, many reploids exist now, and some can even pass for human. There's not too much difference from humans to reploids, except the following. Reploids have a nano-colony inside them that aids with their natural healing rate. They have metal bones, and slightly increased strength, agility, and reflexes. Of course, reploids can be made to excel in certain areas, such as fighting, math, or fast food preparation. Reploids have a curse however. Humans are stuck on the whole Asimov rules for robots. While these rules are not hardwired into reploids, they do have to obey at least the first law. Any reploid who kills a human is considered maverick....no matter what.
Reploids are misunderstood by most, and as a friend of mine stated, they are treated like a black man in southern Alabama.
This isn't anything small either. There are over a dozen factions worldwide with tons of different ideals...not just hunters and evil mavericks. And as for mavericks? Most of them just want to be left alone. They left their assigned posts for whatever reasons, and some have never harmed anything in their lives.
There's more...tons more. In fact, there's enough that we're making a P&P RPG out of it.
Anyways, I'll post a link to the website when Angelius decides he's ready to post it. If you have any questions...and I mean any, post them here. Either Angelius or myself will be happy to answer them.

Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:14 am
Ni - Master

Alright quick update. We've posted the stories from the other author on the site, but as for mine, I'm stull busy editing. The URL is http://www.angelfire.com/anime6/rockmanx/ if anyone wants to check it out.

"No, a vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely.
"Which is?"
"A legend."

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:19 pm