It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:35 pm

My Novel (Help needed) 
Doom Lobster

Post My Novel (Help needed)
Well...it's a lot like EVA (almost too much, at point), but I'm pretty proud of it, and was hoping for some feedback from more experienced writers.

Epyon Gospel

Any feedback at all is appreciated--I'm hoping to eventually polish this to the point where it can be published, though that looks like it'll be a long way off.

Thanks in advance.[/url]

--Cam

Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:11 pm
Doom Lobster

Somehow Cam I do not think you need any help with writing. I enjoyed your works, but I have to ask - are you a H.P. Lovecraft fan?

Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:15 pm
Doom Lobster

Post Lovecraft
Yeah...I like his stories, though his writing sometimes gets on my nerves, if you catch my meaning. Though he does have his moments--I couldn't bring myself to eat pork after reading "the Rats in the Walls". Hehe. My favorite stories of his are "At the Mountains of Madness" and "The Dunwich Horror." Why do you ask?

--Cam

Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:58 pm
Doom Lobster

It is just that your fic has an almost Lovecraftian flavour to me is all. It feels like John Biles Eva fic Children of an Elder God a most excellent and evilish Eva fic. Not that this a bad thing, I think yours stands alone and if I had not read COEG first I would have said that his felt like yours.

Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:00 am
Doom Lobster

Post COAEG
wow...I read that, a long time ago--stopped because it didn't seem like it was being updated. Must've been something like three years since I looked at it--I remember it being pretty good.

Though I'm glad to say that I've been working on this for a little longer than I've known about COAEG. The ideas behind EVA actually mesh quite well with those behind the Cthulhu mythos. Lovecraft even wrote a story or two mentioning the Kabbalah, which is quite prominent in EVA.

--Cam

Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:52 pm