It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:13 pm

The usual drag 
Cherub

Post The usual drag
I wrote a sort of dry humor rant on a napkin in geometry class. I found it to be kinda funny. I sit behind a girl who...never really stops talking. I took a tally of the number of "oh my god"s one time. It was 42 on a regular 45 minute period. Today was an hour and a half period...

"Ooh! Tabitha has gum!" Howls of triumph fill the air as the students rage to the teacher about the treachery just committed it their midst. One would think my fellow students and I are in an ultra-clean nuclear weapons research facility, where the faintest hint of chewing gum would send the earth spiraling off it's axis in a fiery ball of destruction from the way the children scream. But alas, as much as I would enjoy the quick death of an atomic explosion, I am in geometry room 418. Also, I suspect the reader has imagined that I am in an elementary school full of drooling 4 year old children...However, I think we're in high-school (the kids look too tall to be only 4)

From my vantage point at the back of the room (strategically selected so that at least my back end is not bombarded by stupidity) I can see an ocean of heads in various postures. These positions can easily be separated into two groups. The majority of the students are leaning over to their "friends" and discussing an array of meaningless topics. A few fall out of their chairs and giggle brainlessly while picking up their platform sandals. Any lapses in their conversation causes them extreme discomfort until they switch to a new subject. These discussions decrease exponentially in relevance.

The teacher attempts to keep them interested in her lecture on how to draw a circle, but is failing miserably. The gum scandal has thrown Miss Friedeberg quite off balance, and the sudden outbreak of spanish is only confusing her more. The other portion of the students are hunched over their papers, quickly but deftly taking notes. They shoot a few angry glances at the arguing students, probably imagining their classmates failure in college in the years to come. Undoubtedly their parents have explained the horrible careers that befall bad boys and girls who don't pay attention in class. Perhaps they will go home today and show their parents their 6 pages of color coded and written notes on the subject of circles. The teacher seems happier with them and continues to lecture, holding up the textbook. The socially diplomatic text displays at least one person from what seems like every country and culture happily drawing circles at an undisclosed location. I wonder briefly if its Pangaea...

No comments or suggestions necessary if you don't want...just thought i'd provide some entertainment

Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:27 pm
Chibi-Czar

Yeah, I remember that kinda thing.

Especially nasty about halfway though a dull 1.5 hour history lecture.

*shudders*

*breaks out tha spitball shooter*

Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:32 am