It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:41 am

Current projects? 
Doom Lobster

Post Current projects?
Well, another thing for all the writers in the forums...

How many projects are you working on right now? The most I can split my attention is two ways, but I've heard of some people splitting their attention four or even five different ways (Fsckin' amazing...)

As for me, 2 projects--Mundus (A sort of mixture between Phantasy Star and Book of the New Sun) and Anathema Gospel (second book in a series of about four.) My stuff can be found at http://www.fictionpress.com/~Cams.

If they're online--post a link, I know how Fiss writes, but I've seen pretty much nothing from everyone else on the forums.

--Cam

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:34 pm
Chibi-Czar

01. A Ninja in 20XX (Megaman sprite comic)
02. Calvin & Godzilla (edit comic)
03. Otaku Herald (anime reviews)
04. Gaijin Eiga(multi-author Godzilla fanfiction series)
05. K-Girls (kaiju-based anthro art for Twisted Kaiju Theater)
06. Dragon Ball Yugure Z (DBZ fanfiction multi-generational epic)
07. Sins (tentatively named Omoi fanfic)
08. Vegeta Muyo (DBZ/TM crossover fanfic)
09. DBZ: Legendary Super Warriors (sprite ripping/editing project)
10. DemonEye (original fiction series; I mostly draw the corresponding artwork)

That's every project I have that is currently unfinished and/or is still in progress. Not counting the ones I haven't officially started yet (mostly fanfics still being planned). So my attention is split ten ways, assuming I haven't missed anything. That's why I like to call myself "creatively self-detructive." :D

(For those who care, my site is linked in my sig.)

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:45 pm
Doom Lobster

:shock: The record has just gone up...ten? Wow. I am amazed at your ability to keep everything straight--though I think art might be different than prose (not sure if it's harder or easier--I've heard things to suggest each.)

--Cam

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:51 pm
Chibi-Czar

I keep going on a story till I hit a snag, then swich to another. By the time I get back to the first it's been about 1-2 months and the snag has resolved itself.

Of course this means I have an ever growing list of projects to finish....

Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:06 pm
Chibi-Czar

Art is harder, because you need constant practice to maintain quality. Prose is easier, because you never forget how to write. Writer's block is a pain in the ass, but once it's gone, you can pick up right where you left off.

Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:07 pm
Chibi

Art is harder, because you need constant practice to maintain quality. Prose is easier, because you never forget how to write.

I'm going to have to disagree with this one. The hands remember, my friend.

Besides, writing is also an art, and it too demands practice to stay sharp.

Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:52 pm
The BURNiNATOR!

Location: Main Engineering station of the IPS XionII (hawiian shirt time!)
The Ten Year project, which will never see the light of 'online' for it's lack of continium, and BSLM---which I've recieved death threats over. ^_^

Nothing interesting...

Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:41 am
Chibi-Czar

Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:49 am
Moderator of Pain!

my muse is fickle. she'll prod my neck and say "ne, ne, i want you to write me a story." and i'll say "but i'm drawing a picture..." and she'll bite my friggin ear. she can be a real little bitch. OW! i mean, she can be, um.. hmm.. wonderful. yes. that's it. the last project i started was my handbook for men who have to survive living with women. i also consider my website an open-ended project, and i NEED to update that soon. *pokes the invisible chick on my shoulder*
OW! dammit..
also, my GURPS campaign.. i need to write more detail into my plot so my players dont mutiny.

http://spiketheslayer.livejournal.com/

Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:54 am
Chibi-Czar

i got a few story's that i was working on but never got to finish or just lost interest...

although i am trying to write one as an ego boost that will never be seen on the internet... and its been untouched for at least 3 months now... gotta start writting soon again.... and to think i start it at 98 and i still only have 20 pages less :x

Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:25 pm
The BURNiNATOR!

Location: Main Engineering station of the IPS XionII (hawiian shirt time!)
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Son Goharotto:
Art is harder, because you need constant practice to maintain quality. Prose is easier, because you never forget how to write.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writing and Visual Art are two means to the same end, and neither can be said to be harder than the other, but merely require different skills.

I, for one, find drawing a lot easier than writing. ^_^ But never once have I found myself to be drawing on autopilot and still produced quality work. In the case of something that meticulous, the hands do NOT remember.

On the other hand, Sure...everyone can WRITE....but writing well---creating an entire world on page---is a whole different story.

I can't say more than that, as my writing skills are possibly on the high end of mediocre on a good day... And that's about it. If you turned my writing into an image and placed it beside my drawings, my writing would be sorely lacking.

Quote:
I'm affraid to ask but... BSLM?

Bishounen Senshi Lune Mallory...*l* stupid Magical Girl parody story involving a character a number of the Ten Year authors play with... Happily, people are liking it more than I expected. ^_^ Probably because of the supporting characters though. *sigh*

Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:06 pm
Cherub

Projects? Hmmmmm.... okay, I'm doing work on several Evafics right now:

1. Light and Water - a Rei x Kaworu story, but it goes several levels deeper.
2. BHL Renewal - I'm revising this completely.
3. The Runaways - Shinji leaves home for Kyoto after nearly offing his best friend.
4. We Dance - my take on TV Episode 10.

Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:56 pm
Chibi-Czar

Son Goharotto wrote:

Besides, writing is also an art, and it too demands practice to stay sharp.

I guess that's just how it is with me then. If I don't draw for a couple weeks, my hand doesn't want to cooperate. But I can leave a story sitting unfinished and pick it up years later (which I have), writing better than before.

Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:26 am
Chibi-Czar

Working on 3 fantasy novels right now, getting my poetry collection finished, writing and recording tracks for my first album, writing various essays for school (total of 7)

Yeah... and yet I have TONS of spare time...

Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:41 am
Moderator of Pain!

I'm currently working on two Harry Potter stories, though one's on hold while my partner *pokes our beloved Czar with a large stick* settles accounts enough to remember it. I'm working on a bunch of original works: Pheonix, Avante, a princess story I don't have a name for yet, an intergalactic civil war story that I don't have a name for yet, a strange attempt at a parody of my high school years (it turns out I positively SUCK at comedy), and of course, that Ronin Warrior fanfic I posted a bit of on the forum and got zero response on save one (thanks, Son G). My kingdom for a 'delete thread' button on that last one. Some things are just better off sucking up space in my personal computer than irritating the public eye. There always seems to be a manifesto or two floating around in my brain, but I tend to lump those together as one.

The majority of my crap is sci-fi and nothing worth noting here. ::shrugs:: Oh well, that's only nine projects, but I figured I'd add to the tally nonetheless.

Lady Senie

Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:23 am
Chibi-Czar

Location: The Frozen North of the Upper Peninnsula of Michigan
Ye gods, must I count all the random things that come into my brain? Well, let's give it a go, shall we?

1. Black, White, and Gray. A Sailor Moon (not OMOI) fic exploring the real differences between good and evil. Not anywhere NEAR done.
2. Knowledge is Power. The ever-delayed Evafic I should really get around to working on. Maybe this summer or something.
3. Shattered World. Original fantasy quartet, still in the outlining phase from lack of time and a hardware failure.
4. Art for above stories, lumped together for relatedness.
5. Lots and lots of other smaller story starters and ideas, all floating somewhere on my harddrive, waiting for me to get some free time.

Nothing I seem to work on is a 'short' project, so nothing ever gets finished... *sigh*

Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:08 pm
Chibi-Czar

Hmm, well currently I only have one project running, and that's my SM Omoi story that I've posted in this forum.

I hope that it might actually be finished in the next month or so. (crosses fingers)

I'm about to the point where all the plot lines are beginning to converge. Hopefully the damned thing will start to write itself...

But that's probably being optimistic. :wink:

Other than that, I'm in the initial planning stages of a possible sequel if Fiss lets me do it. (Actually I have about four different books of it in my head)

Other than that, I've got a few little things kicking around, possibly some manifesto type stuff, and maybe some collaboration efforts with my brother on a novel.

Dunno about the last one, but he's a better writer than I am, so (shrugs).

This damn SM: Omoi: Inquisition story has taken over my life....

:D

Cthulthu Construction Corporation and Ry'leh Real Estate:
Bringing Non-Euclidian Geometry to a Suburb Near You!

Sybil of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Board Member of Evil Conservative Industries

Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:46 pm
WAR SysOp

Bah...you know you love it as much as I love Omoi taking over my life. :P

It's looking excellent, BTW, and I'm giving some cross-plot hints in Missionaries 2. Rei, for example, mentions Hotaru being delegated to check out some strange arson cases. ^_^

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:02 pm
Chibi-Czar

Oh yeah, well I want to explore the nature of the civil war back on Saturn. You have a real gem in that one, btw.

Slight Spoiler:

I'm thinking about making Hotaru's previous incarnation not be the... nicest of people. Think like the government in Singapore. Just, but definitely a dictatorship. Oh yeah, and not having it be due to any outside influence.
Tumbler didn't have to distort her hell. All he did was show her the truth...

Which is far creepier.

I also have a few...horrible surprises about what Saturn's government was really doing towards the end of the Silver Millenium and what the nature of her Glaive is. Don't worry, it's not going to be another Key....

I'm a bit more twisted with my ideas....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cthulthu Construction Corporation and Ry'leh Real Estate:
Bringing Non-Euclidian Geometry to a Suburb Near You!

Sybil of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Board Member of Evil Conservative Industries

Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:43 pm
Chibi-Czar

Post Re: Current projects?
Cam S. wrote:
Well, another thing for all the writers in the forums...

How many projects are you working on right now? The most I can split my attention is two ways, but I've heard of some people splitting their attention four or even five different ways (Fsckin' amazing...)

Well, I'm not a 'writer', really..but I do have some projects... One is a novel I've been writing on and off over five years.. I'm around 235 pages...and about to go through a new draft... probably will have to be split into two books to tell the story... Original Fantasy novel...

Second, I've been working on a smaller Fanfic Review page..trying to get it up and running... Going to be multi-section...to separate the fanfics I find to be the best to have a section of their own, then sorted by the source series... (All of Fiss's stories are in that section)... then I'll have a section for stories that others have liked that I didn't think made it into the "Best" section... sort of a "Borderline" section... I won't have any of those crapfics like Fanfiction.Net has up... all mine will be done with quality control...aka me.... also working on a webforum for that place so people can share works and suggestions... heavily controled for quality... I hate crapfics..

I've also got a lot of little projects, but none so big as those two... I can run a lot at once...but for now, that's it...

...well, I'm looking over ideas to make an AMV...but I doubt I'll work on that right now.. out of time...

Avatar Image drawn by Sheldon Noble.

Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:22 pm
Cherub

I think it mostly depends on the writer. I usually work on 7 or 8 projects at once, just tend to focus on two or 3 per night. Some say that it's easier to stay with one project at a time to avoid dragging the 'mindset' (i guess thats what id call it) into a diffrent story.

If your looking for a way to avoid that, I find music can be wonderful. I tend to listen to music that conveys the mood of what im writing (allthough I avoid writing for sentiment), it seems to work well.

Props to Fiss for his excellent music choice in higher learning.

Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:26 pm
Doom Lobster

I myself am working on an original fiction, I have it all planned out 3 books of about 30 chapters each. Also I have a Digimon fiction, Ranma Fiction and an Evangelion Fiction in the works.

And I know Nicholas is working on his nightmare inspired original fiction, I think he is aiming for Clive Barker levels.

Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:10 am