It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 pm

Idea for a fic, Sorta a ficlet 
Doom Lobster

Location: That's Classified and You don't have the clearance.
Post Idea for a fic, Sorta a ficlet
The following is a nightmare I had and I'm using as part of a story, this is sorta the idea I want does anyone have any ideas?

Imagine waking up and losing the one thing we all take for granted, the ability to interact with our environment.

Welcome to my fear, my nightmare, my curse.

Not long ago I became aware of my growing inability to touch things, my hand would sink through objects - passing through them as if insubstantial. With growing frequency I found myself becoming a ghost though I still lived, people would pass by or worse through me as if I wasn't there. My cries for someone to see me, my shouts for people to notice me failed. Eventually I became a person living, if such a turn could be applied, a solitary exsistance.

My body could not feel external stimuli, my nose could not smell. My taste became useless, and I was deaf to the sounds of the world. My only prevention from slipping into madness was my sight, my ability to see remains unhindered.

Strangely I hunger for food and drink. I suffer an uncontrollable craving to be able to touch anothers skin, to hear anothers voice. My lust for the smell of another, for the scent that all give off knows no bounds but I am cursed to never have any of these.

Perhaps my greatest curse is that I sleep no longer, for I can gain no respite from my wanderings, from all that I have seen but never hear, never touch. I miss sleep for would give me the ability to hear anothers voice, if only in a dream.

Welcome to my personal Hell, one that I hope may one day escape from for I fear that living this way for eternity is the purest form of damnation that one could possibly suffer. I await Deaths gentle embrace, for Her visit would be a blessing upon me, for I would be able to speak to another after a seeming eternity of silence. I would welcome her touch for it would mean that I would feel anothers touch.

Mayhap that is my greatest curse, to never feel the touch of another, for that is the one thing we all crave.

I hope you are never welcome to my fear, my nightmare, my curse.

Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:50 am
WAR SysOp

The best...worst...nightmares are always unescapable. I'm not sure if you're using this exact post in the story, but I love the wording. The imagry is very good, not too poetic, but more 'blue collar' and real.

Love it. Need more. Will read more. ^_^

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:55 am
Doom Lobster

Location: That's Classified and You don't have the clearance.
Thanks, after having this nightmare I literally woke up screaming. To me this is literally my worst nightmare. To be unable to do anything but watch as described in the text.

I was thinking of using the hunk o text as a prologue, sorta as something like an opening explaination, sorta like Giles talking about the Slayer on Buffy.

Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:04 am
Chibi-Czar

Maybe it's just me, but the opportunities for peeping-tom'ism in such a situation seem utterly *endless.*

Oh, and secret finding/spying.

Neat.

Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:49 pm
Doom Lobster

You seem to be forgetting, the lead character can not do anything about any secrets he may have, and what good is being a peeping tom? To him he is being tortured for some reason.

Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:27 am