It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 am

Sailor Moon, Radiance Rising 
Chibi-Czar

Post Sailor Moon, Radiance Rising
well, ive finally gotten my act together and broken through my writers block. and that mental conditioning against story writing. grrr.

this is the first section of a larger story in my sailro moon universe. it rewrites major portions, and does away with certain characters entirely. not because i dislike those charcters, but becauser the plot wouldnlt work without it. written in notepad, i;m not able to speel or grammar check it, but i will later.

so, wihtout further adeiu.

here is is:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Luna walked the streets of japan. searching, questing. it was two years since she had come to conciousness, the remnants of the queen's spell awakening her, changing her.... her mau heritage came to the fore. a bloody sigil, a scar formed on her forhead. of a new moon, tips up. she knew who she was, and... and her mission. find the princess, find the senshi. guard them from that one. beryl. she had arrived on the outskirts of the ward, before collapsing. this body was still weak from her reincarnation, it's reserves drained. An old man, consigned to living on the streets had fount her, taken care of her. When she awoke, her first thought had been to leave. to keep searching. But the weakness welled up within her, and so she stayed. The man nbursed her back to health, feeding her, holding her. As though he knew of her great sadness. She watched him, from within his cart, watched those kind eyes. Though she never knew his name, she stayed with him for nearly eight years. Going out in the night, searching for her princess. but when morning returned, there she was, awaiting him. You have to understand that society is made of layers. Benaeth one layer lies another. the old man existed nearly on the lowest of these layers. Snd it was a whole new world down here.

It was an eye opener for Luna, who had only known the silver spires of selune, capital of the Lune. Her namesake. There had been no suffering there. None that she saw. But now, from another layer, looking up, the memories tumbled onto her. There had been suffering. There had been pain and sorrow. And none of them, not the queen, and not even the guard, had known. Or perhaps they had not cared to know. The man showed her a world where every day was a miracle. Where every breath a joy. those years were her second childhood. A time of dreams and hapiness, safe from the nightmares and sorrow. But alas, nothing lasts forever.

It happened in a flash. She was resting in his cart, as he went into a store, using some savings to get her a special treat. For it was their anivversery. the brake had given in, and the cart started rolling. She woke to a terrible noise, a deafening crack! and the sound of falling, falling. The cart had rolled onto the street, into the path of a late night transport truck, carrying who knows what for places unknown. Now, on the side of the road, Luna saw. and it wracked her heart with sorrow. He had saved her. Had given up his life, his existance for her. She ran towards him, licked his face, and tried to get him to get up. But his life was fading. He saw her, and his mouth curled up in that half smile she had known for so long. And suddenly it was too much for her. and she spoke. softly, and sadly.

"I'm... i'm sorry. my fault," but he just smiled at her more, his eyes becoming more intense. And he replied.

"No... it's not. I know.... i've always known.. I.. do what you need to do. and know.... I love-" and then he was gone.

The tears came, the great wracking sobs. but she understood now, and she nodded. she spoke once more. "you too..." completing his words. The truckdriver was coming now, and the sounds of sirens wailed in the distance, echoing the wails in her soul. She turned to leave, but a sudden light drew her back. Emerging from his crumpled body, something came. something.. "ohh... ohh..." luna cried, sorrow and wonder at odds. The light flew to her. caressed her, and became with as her. a starseed. a pure, sacred starseed. he... he had been of the senshi. Maybe not of her senshi, nor of those they knew, but a soldier nonetheless. Wandering, helping. The love, the emotion bathed her, nearly overwleming her. As that which had been his essence, become one with hers. Soon the light began fading, and then went out completely... Save for a familiar twinkle every now and then, in luna's eyes...

~end.

Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:35 pm
Chibi-Czar

well it seem I wasn;t done yet. i think this series is going to focus on the secondary characters more then the senshi. which means artemis and luna, phobos and deimos, and a couple others.

anyways. section 2.

++++++++++++++++++++++
aftermath. that was what they called it. but nothing could have prepared him for the wanton destruction of what had been his home. Hiroshima. Ares stared. even during the grey millenium, he had not seen distruction on this scale. or at least not of something he knew. of a place he had lived. he took wing, and sored. staying awaw from the city centre, but close enough to reed the fires. they told of wars of history. within a short time he understood why. and more importantly, how. japanese scientists had known how the American nuclear weapons had functioned, but they had not known how to replicate it. Ares did. but the time for that knowledge was past. and so, he took to the sky, and joined his flock again.

many, many years later, aged and worn, Ares passed on his knowlege to his two descendants. ravens were smart. smarter than most of the races on earth. so when a reincarnation occured, they knew about it. especially when it was in two of his sons. he had named them for aspects of his patron, Mars. And at the end of his life, he passed on the knowlege that he had gained so long ago. Ravens had long memories, tied to their souls and their genes. though Ares himself had not been alive during the grey millenium, his ancestors had. and so he remembered that timne as though he were there. and now he passed these memories onto his sons. the moon was rising, and Ares glimsed a world in the sky. mars. adopted home of the ravens of earth, decendants from the lost world of craw. and then, he knew no more.

his sons, Phobos and Deimos saw him into the afterlife, then returned to their world. as the last part of Ares essense departed, his body imolated, ashes to ashes. dust to dust.

~end.

Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:04 pm
WAR SysOp

I like the concept, but I think a run through the spell/grammar checker would be needed before I can critique. ^_^

However, I like the idea of other silver millenium soldiers being found on the way to finding the Senshi. There are so many possibilities and open-ended ideas you can run with to create YEARS of back-story for Luna, Artemis and the crows. Not only that, but it is never really mentioned if Luna/etc age normally. I'm a bit confused at the Ares timeline, but I'm certain that will clear up soon. Reincarnation is always a headache. :P

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:52 pm
Chibi-Czar

yes, i will run it through the spellchecker as soon as i can. there will be other characters from the court, but for the first section i'll be focusing on the advisors.

the ares thing is an idea that ravens descended from the mars ravens have ancestral memory and live for as long if not longer than most humans. Ares did not live during the moon kingdom, but has memories from it as though they were his own. when these ravens near the end of their lives they pass on their knowlege to their progeny. which he does. he's there to introduce the two, and to explain some of their abilities later on. also, the ravens of the line of mars are the origin of the phoenix legends.

there will also be time travel much, much further on to correct certain things as the deaths of two characters early on in their lives, due to an outbreak of disease at the hospital they both happen to be at. i'm sure you can guess who they are.

and, well, there won't be that much forcus on artemis yet as he's playing a wildly different role from his standard one.

Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:01 pm