It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 am

beggining of some samurai status 
Cherub

Post beggining of some samurai status
This is a beggining...im not sure what to...but its gunna rock. You like?

The sun over the Japanese island of Okinawa had finally admitted defeat, and was nearing the end of its grudgingly lengthy retreat behind the hills of a small coastal village. The blood red light of this particular sunset appeared too heavy to stay aloft, and mimicked the surrounding ocean water. It dripped, rippled and poured through the myriad bonsai and meigetsu trees, saturating the air with a fiery crimson glow.
The base of a wide plateau braced against the never-ending waves of a restless sea. Several old Japanese style homes had been erected on its surface; their sliding doors open in welcome to the calming breeze of the Pacific.

On the cliff edge, there stood a young man. The robes he wore were plain, indicating the Spartan nature of his life style. His expression betrayed no emotion; the thin lines and features of a perpetual frown may very well have been chiseled in stone. Strong hands bridled the cold steel of an ?dachi sword. The blade, having been forged with lasting scrutiny of a master craftsman, was almost certainly the legacy of several generations. His fingers gripped a jade cloth hilt just below the wave-frosted blade. Light reflected from the sea played across rich mahogany eyes- the only part of him that held life.

Fri May 28, 2004 7:59 pm
Hamstermaster

Sat May 29, 2004 6:16 pm
Doom Lobster

Hmm...I know this is fiction, but...When does this take place? There weren't really any Okinawan members of the Buke (Samurai class)--in fact the ownership of weaponry on Okinawa carried a pretty harsh penalty. Thus the creation of "undercover" weapons like the Sai, Jitte, and three-section-staff (which, for the life of me, I can't remember the real name of).

However, the writing is damn good, and I would like to see more. :)

--Cam

Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:43 am
Cherub

Im working on more but....i've got way too many projects at the moment.

Thanks for the information about the island...I did'nt know any of that stuff actually. I was actually thinking of turning this into some science fiction that actually takes place in somthing like 4000 years from now. The rest of the world is in chaos etc....the idea is still vague. Thanx for the compliments though, i appriciate it.

Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:23 pm