It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 7:44 pm

Mod challenge 
Chibi-Czar

Post Mod challenge
Here's the challenge. I'll start by naming something. And by using PRE-EXISTING technologies (no particle cannons ATC), you are to modify one aspect of it. ONLY ONE. I know Wild Goose will want to go crazy with this one. These mods don't have to be performance. It could be anything, such as a new paint job, a pair of bunny ears, or a Jolt dispenser. I'm interested in what the final result will be.

First object.

A blue Subaru WRX

Let's start with that, then add as we go.

Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:09 pm
Chibi-Czar

Oh, a particle cannon exists... It's just we call it by something more along the lines of :
-Superconducting Supercollider
-Particle Accellerator
-Atom Smasher

All of which are simply big expensive particle cannons designed to fire particles at each other in a collision chamber for research.

If you stand in the beam from one, you'll discover that blinking is a slow task to undertake when compaired to how fast the particle beam can blast a nice basketball sized hole through your abdomen and vaporize the flesh.

A particle beam is quite simply, plasma that has been charged and then accellerated to nearly lightspeed. We have it, just not compact...
----------

As for the blue Subaru WRX... Advanced GPS computer system with touch screen.

Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:19 pm
Chibi-Czar

Nice. I'd replace the tires with rubber coated lunar tires. No more flats!

Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:23 am
Chibi-Czar

Tweak up the suspension (Here's why: '79 MGB gets blown away by the '74 Camaro on the flats - then we hit the mountains. The Cammie-boy panic-brakes while I whip through the esses and hairpins, Bwa-Ha-Ha!)...

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:04 am
Chibi-Czar

Oh, a particle cannon exists... It's just we call it by something more along the lines of :
-Superconducting Supercollider
-Particle Accellerator
-Atom Smasher

You forgot the Cyclotron; Partial Accelerator in a spiral.

Sub-machine guns in the grill and the rear bumper.

Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:45 pm
Chibi-Czar

Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:31 pm
Chibi-Czar

*We CAN post again after a few posts yes?*

We better add in a rollbar for that inevitable overtaxed turn... Even the best screw up once in a while, and sometimes it could just be that front left tire rounding the corner at a hundred eighty.

Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:46 pm
Moderator of Pain!

I think this thing needs a small mine-layer. It's great for those drivers who drive right on your ass....not to mention a healthy deterant in a high-speed chase.

Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:53 am
Chibi-Czar

But moddin this car....it depends, on what we're going to mod it for, and which WRX this is. There are at least 8 WRX variants that I know off.... Being a touge enthusist, I'll approach this from the drifting point of view.

Hmmm....body kit. I suggest putting an STi rally-spec bodykit on the car (i.e. front/rear spoilers, side skirts), making it look like Petter Solberg's car.

Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:08 am
Chibi-Czar

Yes, you can post again after a few posts, and for some reason, I see this as becomming a James Bond car.

Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:31 pm
Chibi-Czar

You said it... you had to say it, don't you know what happens when you say that???

The driver is now Double OH SEVEN himself, James Bond. Complete with suite, tie, and suave personality.

Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:56 pm
Chibi-Czar

since i'm not really into cars... can i say adding a good luck charm dangling from the rear view mirror?

Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:26 am
Chibi-Czar

Reinforcing the interior with a rollcage would be a good idea, as well as removing the sub-guns and minelayer.

Adding the minelayer in the back will mess up the car's weight distribution (the ideal ration is 50/50 front/back), as well as the subguns. Also, the subguns being mounted in the grill, will cause heating problems, as well as restricting airflow (though WRXs do have intakes on their hoods...)

And for driver, I'd suggest one of the following: Tsuchiya "Drift King" Keiichi, Fujiwara "Kuso Oyaji" Bunta, or Fujiwara Takumi.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:10 am
Chibi-Czar

The real bond car had similar problems fitting the fake guns and stuff in. They had to move the engine back into the cabin to make enough room. Then it kept overheating because it spent more time going backward.

Well then if I get no guns in this baby, an RPG launcher with lots of ammo on the back seat for those moments in traffic when the mood strikes. Eg. The basted half an inch off your tail for the last 10 ks. Probably need a sun roof with that ...

Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:16 am
Chibi-Czar

Hmm....alright. So we have a Bond type car with either 007 driving or someone from Initial D. Personally, I'd say Bond, because racing and hazard driving are completely different.
Anyways....
Next item: A house
Rules: 2 mods per post, must have at least one other person post inbetween your posts. Cannot remove mods, only add.
Ideas: Persons, number of rooms, decoration, size, defenses, and such. Must use existing tech for related mods and if you want fictional people in the house, they must be human with no supernatural powers. I.E. Real life Fiss would work, but not the Omoi Fiss.

Have at it!

Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:01 pm
Chibi-Czar

Hmmm... "In Xanadu did Kublai Khan a stately pleasure dome decree..."

Mod 1: well-designed and well-stocked kitchen (something like my mother-in-law's layout - lotsa room to work, solid appliances, good stuff on the shelves and in the reefer)

Mod 2: full service bar (for choice, stocked the way the Irish expat owner stocks my favorite watering hole, if on a smaller scale)

I leave the entertainment center and other furnishings to the rest of you

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:17 pm
Chibi-Czar

1: Sasami as master chef. What better cook than the supercute type? *Just drop her Tsunami Side, and she's perfectly normal.*

2: Every bedroom and office room has one State-of-the-Art computer. The MAIN office has three with. All computers are linked VIA a well hidden lan network, and further linked to the internet VIA a T5 connection. (YES, a T-5!)

Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:08 pm
Chibi-Czar

Mod 2: Jacuzzi, for those, err.....romantic moments. ^^;;

Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:49 am
Chibi-Czar

Looks like it's turning into the WARForum clubhouse/retreat/resort... If we go with that premise, then,

Second set:

Library: Featuring print, a/v, and software selections in a broad spectrum, with special section showcasing the Subversive Literature picks and "Plug a..." thread picks from Omnimedia. Comfortable chairs, well-lit, with breakout rooms for discussions, game sessions, etc.

Exercise Room: combination gym/dojo/sallee d' armes (sp?)... because you gotta hone the body as well as the mind. And, it gives those of us with more combative hobbies a place to practice. :wink:

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:19 am
Chibi-Czar

1:AV storage bunker. In, and below the basement sits the single largest, most complete music/anime/movie/tv collection ever with the basement itself as a complete emersion theatre to watch and/or listen without interruption or unwanted daylight.

2: Each and every room is equipped with independent surround sound enabling you to play any song in the library in any room, or all of them.

Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:02 pm
Chibi-Czar

The Garage is gigantic, packing every form of modern combat vehicle you could possibly want.

The back yard includes a nice Onsen.

Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:32 pm
Chibi-Czar

Mod 1: SOundproofing for ALL room. No point in surround sound if it disturbs your friends. ^^

Mod 2: Arcade Gaming room, filled with the most up-to-date Arcade Games - and they're free. ^^

(I call dibs on the Initial D machines)

Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:54 pm
Chibi-Czar

Dibs my ass. Good thing those Arcade Stage games are 2 player.

Let's see...judging by all the mods, and the needed space...this house is about as large as Disney World with the garage being the size of the parking lot itself. Not bad! Too bad there's no bed-rooms, or I'd live there.

Next item: A yellow school bus.
Rules: 1 mod per post (unless a mod is stated in the idea section), must have at least one post inbetween each of your mods. Any tech lvl. Cannot remove mods.
Ideas: Changing color, decals, number of seats, passengers.

Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:38 pm
Chibi-Czar

Any tech level... Put a gravitron reactor on that damn thing. Busses are GAS GUZZLERS. This way, you'll never spend a CENT on fuel.

Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:08 pm
Doom Lobster

Any tech level? I'll have a greek hoplite duct-taped to the front grille. :P

Road-rage THIS.

Okay, I'm done.

--Cam

Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:36 pm