It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 am

Demon Hunters Rule 
Cherub

Post Demon Hunters Rule
I was playing warcraft 3 the other day when I was suddenly struck with a realization: Demon Hunters rule. Nothing is better than a elven wanderer who made a selfless pact with darkness in order to destroy evil. Notihng. If I knew a demon hunter, I would sacrifice my hederosexuality and submit myself to him.

But all fun aside, I've been thinking of how much potential that kind of character has. The concept of this "pact" leaves room for a great internal struggle. Yesterday, the ideas just started smacking me over the head like a giant...metal...thing.

Well...I'll give you my main idea: The few elven warriors that became demon hunters were changed in several ways-
a) Their normal sight was blinded
b) They were given spectral sight (The ability to sense Chaos with uberclarity
c) Their memory of their seperate pasts were blocked so as to destroy any possible interference with their loyalty.

As you i'm sure you have undoubtedly guessed, the last one would be the most important. Here's how my story goes:

The main character (Yuo-ren) has been a demonh hunter for many years. He cannot remember his previous life. He goes around..pwns some n00bs, and eventually winds up in a small town that incidentally used to be his home. This brings up a few odd feelings, as he can't shake off a feeling of deja vu. An old friend of his recognizes him, and talks to him. They get caught up in a battle to defend the town from the sourge. Yuo-ren has more intense thoughts reguarding his past in this pace, untill the girl (no name as of yet) convinced him to take off his blind fold. Her father, a wise mage, inspects it. On the side that was never visible (the one facing his eyes) are hundreds of the most intricate runes he has ever seen. They are designed to keep his memories buried (some are really INTENSE).

I dont have much besides that yet. Keep in mind that it is a very basic plot outline.

Without further wait, here is my first page:

Yuo-ren sighed as he relaxed into a crouch and reached for a handful of damp soil from the shadowed ground. The animals in the forest canopy above remained noiseless, maintaining the hovering silence that quivered like a bowstring. The hunter?s cobalt blue hand opened slightly, allowing the myriad pebbles and specks of dirt to brush past his fingertips before falling to the earth; the sensation told him far more than his blind eyes ever could. He was half a day behind- at the most.

Rising from his haunches, You-ren gathered his things and prepared to move. Not that he had much to gather. A small scroll tucked behind one of his elvish ears (which protruded several feet behind the shoulders), and two ancient rune blades were his only possessions.

The weapons were of a curious shape. Each steel edge was formed into a large and shallow arch that encircled the wielder almost protectively. At the center crest of either was a handgrip hidden under large metal dome, whose inside was lined with fur. A fierce eye shown in brilliant gold on each of these. The blades themselves were etched with sinuous lines contrasted by the sharp and jagged edges of powerful runes.

The only garment he wore to speak of was a pair of heavy gray pants that flared widely at the hems. These too, were marked by glyphs. A sacred strip of black cloth had also been adorned around his eyes, and hung in a long flowing band from the knot behind his head.

Yuo-ren did not remember the first half of his life. Had he actually tried to do so, the feelings and images of his past would have hung just out of reach, only to be snatched back into oblivion by an ever-watchful hand. Yuo-ren never bothered to try. The demon hunter always seemed to have a task at hand, demanding his attention. He traveled where he needed and did what he needed. What little time he had to be idle he spent practicing his form. One of the few emotions he had left to experience was the determination to hone his skill, and the enjoyment of the graceful power felt during battle. Indeed, he often sensed the beginnings of a smile straining to escape his heart as he fended off the various blows an enemy would bring.

The elven wanderer stood and permitted the landscape to run rampant through his senses. Blessed with spectral sight, Yuo-ren had the ability to hear, smell, see and feel chaotic forces with an acute clarity unimaginable to any normal being. Demons, for instance, being born solely from chaos, called to him like a beacon of light in a pitch dark plain. However, the force of Chaos had little to do with the creation of the trees, rocks, and other various things that comprise the normal world. The land came to Yuo-ren's senses with a dream-like intangibility. Specters of their true form, the mountains hung unsteadily in the distance, making it difficult for the hunter to find his direction. It took one more glance at the faint footprint in the earth to set him on a path towards the faint demonic glow.

That's right ladies and gentlemen...he can judge how far ahead his prey is by FEELING THE GROUND!!!! WHAT A BADASS!!! *cough* pardon me.

I appologize if his name is ever spelled "you-ren"...damned microsoft word and its "i'll think for you" features.

Anyways...I hope I wasn't too long winded. I would LOVE feedback. Seriously. Anyone who gives me feedback (good or bad) gets 100$.

-Rosenberg

Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:51 pm