Flight of the Hastings... 

Which One?
Flash Animation 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Radio Play 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 3

Flight of the Hastings... 
Chibi-Czar

Post Flight of the Hastings...
What should I make? Either way, I'll need a full crew of voice acting lunatics.

http://www.tmffa.com/fanfic.html?id=3350

Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:17 pm
Chibi-Czar

That way, we can all contribute. ^_^

Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:22 pm
Chibi-Czar

I guess I should start planning then. Although the vote's not over.... I'll get some stuff out of the way.

Auditions.
A few assorted characters I'll know I'll need.

MASTER NARRATOR

Minaho (Younger Female)
Seto (Older Female)
Kanemitsu Hirata (Middle Age Male)
Hess (Mid twenties Male)
Paul (Middle Age Male)
Fighter Pilot Voices (Early Twenties males and females)
Random Pirate Voices (ARG! and different levels, but we need to know they be pirates! Or mi parrot will be angry at ye!)

Pirate that survived chapter 2. (Early thirties, weaker pirate voice)

There will be plenty of parts for lots of extras.

However those will be the first voices. We'll do this one chapter at a time. I just need to adapt the script. Unless someone wants to do that for me. It needs addaptation for narration and script format.

As for auditions. I want consistant voice quality, so here's a mic checklist for when you record.

-All external sound generating items off.
-Air Conditioners and Fans off during recording.
-Absolutely no external background sounds in recordings. (If it takes ten tries, do it.)
-Roll up a sock over the mic to prevent air flow static. (Trust me on this. It muffles weak sounds that come from moving air.)
-No odd input gain static from electrical interference. (Check make sure wires aren't tangled up too much.)

::
Voice Acting notes. I'll post this if you know the ovious or not.
-Be clear, turn mic gain up high and move mic away and below your face.
-Don't act, acting sucks. BE the part. You ARE your character. Don't exagerate emotions and sound fake but obvious. Be natural.
Practice your lines with your sound recorder program, then listen to them a few times to hear yourself. You WILL be surprised by how you sound when you listen to yourself the way another would hear you. After a few tries, you should get it down nice like.
::

Audition Notes:
Practice lines from the character you're trying out for, then record yourself a few times, then go for the good take. Do different lines to get a feel for the character's voice. Send the final recordings and transcripts of the lines to my email address for approval.

My email address is
tigercla@NOSPAMonr.com
You know how to kill the spamblock.
Be sure the message is labeled correctly for easy identification.

--

Anywho, Whoever wants to adapt the script, Email me as well. I'm doing sound mixing and such... But good and clean sound effects for ambiance will be useful. And importantly, if anyone can locate and rip the music files for Microsoft Deadly Tide, compress them to MP3, and send them to me, PLEASE do so. It fits perfectly in many places.

If you want to hear my ammature snippet of Flight of the Hastings having to do with the unposted Chapter Eleven, Email me.

Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:05 am
Chibi-Czar

I've got them, the entire Microsoft Deadly Tide soundtrack. They were hiding as Redbook Audio on disk four. MUAHAHAHA!

Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:57 pm
Chibi-Czar

----
PART I: The Pirate Stalker

Rise of the Hastings
Mikagami stumbles upon the wreckage of a pirate vessel. Its destroyer lurks within spitting distance, but escapes just as it's spotted.

Supercarrier
The memory of the first major battle of the Hastings. The firepower of a fully capable military Supercarrier against modified raiding ships is displayed in an almost horrid counter attack.

Hunt For Phantom Hastings
What is "HASTINGS" and how can one pirate help Identify it? The Secret of the pirate hunter ship is revealed. Knowledge is power, and Juraians like to have power.

The PLAN
Seto-Sama's risky plan for getting the attention of the one ship known as Hastings. However, even the best layed plans of mice and men can fail in one swift stroke.

Life Onboard Ship
Settle into life with the most layed back combat crew in the galaxy. The ship's announcer is a Radio DJ, the pilots are... pilots. And the bridge crew holds poker night on the bridge while arm wrestling tournaments are held on the flight deck.
----
PART II: Against the Onslaught

AMBUSH
A calm walk through the ship reveals its past. Then it turns out one fighter in the bay is not your normal spacecraft. What begins as a fast game of weaving through ring debree, turns into a race against the clock when the Hastings is ambushed by the very ones it ambushes.

Hess VS: BOARDING PARTY
Attacking ships reppelled, all that remains is to clean up the mess left on board, and that means it's time to take them all on with muscles and guns. However, prisoners are taken, and the stragglers escape cleanly. It's up to the Hastings to rescue them, but first they have to deal with other problems.

Hess VS II: stranded on earth
While the Hastings undergoes repairs, the commander decides to lure the pirates away. A fast jump to earth in an attempt to get the attention of the Local GP officer nearly proves fatal until an unknown voice raises the comm unit, and ten lighthawk wings pop up out of nowhere. However, a crashlanding from damages is inevitable, and as luck would have it, at high velocity right into the Masaki lake. A few misunderstandings and fistfights later and everyone is on their way.

Triple Z
While the commander is stuck on Earth, a dangerous game of cat and mouse goes on across Solar. A routine check by Seto spots the action, and she decides to interfere. The attacking pirates try to flee, but many get caught. Amidst the ships the Hastings is found, still partially mobile, having resisted the Tripple Z this long.

Rescue Mission
Commander Hess and the Hastings crew embark on a dangerous commando mission to rescue the crew who were captured. The ground combat skill of the Hastings crew is revealed as they run a swift Hit and Fade rescue mission. But one victory reveals new and more serious problems.
----
PART III: Trial by fire

Hastings UNLEASHED
To stop the most horrible attrocity since the Soja roamed the Galaxy, the Hastings embarks on the biggest space battle it's ever seen. Everyone soon finds themselves up to their armpits in trouble as the Supercarrier faces off with a force of enemies more deadly than any adversary they had ever faced before. Escape may be the only option. Seto is on her way, with backup. But will she arrive to assist in time?

Planetfall: Defend the ship
A close call for the Hastings, but only for the time being. Unable to hyperjump, the ship must land and conduct repairs even as the pirates track them down. Although air superiority belongs to the Hastings fighters, defending against a ground assault long enough to escape impending orbital bombardment becomes a balancing act of repairs VS defense. And what of Seto?

Escape! Mikagami to the Rescue
No time left! The Hastings must fly... or be blasted from space. However, nothing can help the Hastings outrun their foe now. It's a race against the clock to buy as much time as possible to make that all important jump to hyperspace. However, when that becomes impossible, the only option is to fight back against the most powerful of foes.
And in the middle of it all, appears the Mikagami, Lady Seto arrives to help. but is it too late?

A ship of the Line
Too far away to help immediately, Seto must watch as the fighters of the Hastings take on their foe. It's speed and skill VS brute power in the largest showdown the Hastings will ever be in. Just when all seems lost. the most powerful ship of the Jurai fleet appears, defending the Hastings from all out destruction. While the Mikagami mops up the pirates that cut the Hastings' retreat off, the bold crew of the Hastings and its fighters, along side the power of the First Ship finally put an end to the nightmare.

Ship of fools
With the battle won, their ally dissappears. The crew are invited to Jurai, where their bravery is congradulated, their deeds crossexamined, and their crazyness unchecked. Just when Seto thinks she's seen it all, what should decloak directly above the palace and hold the most insane rock concert ever seen? Hastings takes its place in Jurai history, as the ship of fools.

Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:47 am
Chibi-Czar

IS anyone even INTERESTED? I would do this all myself if I could change my voice... However, sounding like a female is not exactly an easy trick.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:59 pm
I'll try and record some of it soon, but i need to see if my gear will work first.

I'll go through and read the different parts to try an get the 'feel' for the characters. if my gear works, i'll send the files, though i'm not too sure that it will. nonetheless, i am interested.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:02 pm
Chibi-Czar

Well, I just spent the last two hours compiling a list of the major music cues I plan to use, and where they will be located in the story. (In order)

So here's the list. Some of them you can't get, some of them you might, some of them you CAN'T (Unless you contact me.)

Musical Cues ((The denominations 2====== etc denote the chapter in which the song will play in almost full))
ALL=========
Flight of the Hastings(The Flight of the Supercarrier Hastings): The PLAN, from Battlecruiser Generations(Universal Combat) ((End Credit Music in final chapter))

Title Song(Opening theme): Mayonaka No Taiyo (Tenchi GXP Opening theme.)

2=========
SCRAMBLE! (Code Angry Dog): Red Hot Chili Peppters, Higher Ground
3=========
Ryuten Intercept (Supersonic Interception): Red Alert 2, Destroy
4==========
HASTINGS Assault(Decloak and destroy): Those Who Hunt Elves, Angel Blue

EVACUATE SHIP (Or do you like being Atomized?): John Williams, Star Wars, Hyperspace
5==============
Good MORNING(DJ Thunda!): Bachman Turner Overdrive, Takin' care of Business.
6==========
Ring Dance(Fighters too fast, asteroids too big...): Caesars, Caesars Palace, Jerk it out.

AMBUSH!(Catapults broken, Hyperdrive offline, cloaking system failure!): X2 the Threat, unnamed song:: Battle Music.
7============
Intruders (Get outta my way!): Saliva, Spy Hunter
8=============
Gambit Insane(A shuttle is not a fighter!): Microsoft Deadly Tide soundtrack, track nine (First half)
Earth-Atmosphere(Friction BURN, is that a lake?): Microsoft Deadly Tide soundtrack, track nine (Second half)

Old Playmates(A Princess' Personal Punching bag.):Love Hina BGM Soundtrack, 42 Showdown! Bull King
9==============
Cat and Mouse(Solar System Pirate Chase): Fire-At-Will, from Battlecruiser Generations(Universal Combat)
10==============
Insertion Point Alpha(Landing Craft): HALO, Truth and Reconciliation suite, Halo generic theme.

On the IN-Side(Cell bars are for losers): Hot Action Cop, Goin Down on It.

Extraction(Escapes with Airstrike cover): HALO, Brothers in Arms
11==========((Obviously a long chapter))
Briefing(Prepare for combat): Star Fox 64, Destinations (Map Music)

Hangar Bay(Ready for Launch): Macross Plus, Dogfight

You call for Backup?(Hastings flight group arrives, first segment of battle.): Microsoft Deadly Tide, track seven

Take down the Carrier!(Space Battle part two!): Microsoft Deadly Tide, cursom soundtrack mixing.

Monster Ship(Akuma Class ship, DIABLOS):HOLSTS' the Planets, Mars; Bringer of War.

Change of priorities(Breaking up the pirate fleet.): Microsoft Deadly Tide soundtrack, track five.

Escape the Diablos(Go for Gravity Well Hop): Microsoft Deadly Tide soundtrack, track three.
12========
Planetary Combat(Defend the Hastings): John Williams, Star Wars, the Forest Battle
13========
Making a run for it!(Fighting the way out): Red Alert 2, Grinder
14========
Collision Course!(Take the Diablos Head on!): Ride of the Valkyries

Grim outlook, WAIT!(Tsunami's Appreance): Zoids Soundtrack, Emergency with small segment from Deadly Tide Track three

FINAL ASSAULT!(DESTROY the Diablos!): Deadly Tide Soundtrack, Track eight

Victory(Diablos goes Nova): John Williams, Robin Hood, final segment of song.
15===========
Foolish concert(One messed up desire): Bachman Turner Overdrive, Fragile Man
Seto's Wrath(Unauthorized ship traffic.): Love Hina BGM, The Chase

A little note, obviously there will be parts of different songs used in short sections as general BGM, however, this is a list of all the major music sequences mainly for combat scenes.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:24 am