It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:10 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 The Demon's Ring - RPG In-Character Posts 
Author Message
Cheerful Groupie

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:03 am
Posts: 1499
Location: not here
Post 
"No," Kanus comments even-handedly. "However, the Captain of the guards is definately not on our side. He still isn't part of some conspiracy, but he's not working with us. Funny story, that. He thinks we're helping 'the girl', but won't stay long enough to hear that we merely defended ourselves from assailants. Got an insane suggestion for what to do next?"

(OOC: Are you happy? :P)

_________________
Don't forget.


Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:42 pm
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:14 pm
Posts: 2769
Location: Location, Location!
Post 
Daemon wrote:
"Got an insane suggestion for what to do next?"


[You asked, remember that. ^_^]

"Well, I learned some information from the records that's shed some light on the situation. We need to break into a prison, I think. Now if I can just figure out how the butler fits into this, I'll have this whole thing more or less sewed up."

Stabby, Madam Karch, and Kanus travel back to the orphanage via Stabby's cart.


[I hope I'm not taking liberties with your character. I just assumed he would want to ride with Stabby.]

_________________
Image


"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski


Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:15 am
Profile
Cheerful Groupie

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:03 am
Posts: 1499
Location: not here
Post 
"Which prison?" Kanus questions curiously. "We just came from one, and it is absolutely useless to our cause."

(OOC: Unless a riding wolf magitekially appears in front of him, yeah, he'll ride wit Stabby. ;) )

_________________
Don't forget.


Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:18 am
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:14 pm
Posts: 2769
Location: Location, Location!
Post 
"This is a secret one with only a handful of special case prisoners. But I think we should search the orphanage before we leave to make sure this girl isn't actually there."

_________________
Image


"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski


Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:36 am
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:50 pm
Posts: 3467
Post 
Uther rides his brand-new horse back the way he came, now fully equipped, keeping a careful eye out for bandits or his friends, and ducks into the bushes (leaving the horse where it is, to wander back to its stable), at the sign of either.

_________________
Why carry a gun? Because a whole cop would be too heavy.


Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:50 pm
Profile
WAR SysOp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 3479
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Post 
-Uther, you have a strange sense that someone is following you for several leagues. Roll Wisdom

-The rest of you sneak out just as you see a small party of horses getting geared up for travel. Two of the guards you've seen with the Captain are taking watch, and glare at you as you leave. You have about an hour head start on them unless they want to gallop hard all the way there.

_________________

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp


Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:33 pm
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:14 pm
Posts: 2769
Location: Location, Location!
Post 
[We won't be galloping. I'll save the horses for later.]

_________________
Image


"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski


Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:44 pm
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:50 pm
Posts: 3467
Post 
[Wisdom; 17! plus, uh, nothing.]

Uther leads his tail along until they're an adequate distance from both the orphanage and the castle. If there's one thing he's learned on the streets, it's that ambushes work best if there's nobody to hear cries for help. His nerves are wound tight; this simply can't be coincidence...

Uther is expecting to be jumped by several armed men. Again. He figures his best chance will be to dismount, slap the horse so it keeps running, and then hide in the bushes with an arrow nocked (sneak attack plus some bonuses for firing w/in 30 feet). He'll be looking for a turn in the path to allow him a quick moment to judge the strength of the party following him, and a short enough range that his 30-foot sneak-attack-with-bow bonuses will come into play.

However, the wisdom roll may change all that, so this is simply his plan as he rides along. He does ease his rapier a couple inches out of its sheath, at least.

_________________
Why carry a gun? Because a whole cop would be too heavy.


Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:50 pm
Profile
WAR SysOp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 3479
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Post 
-Very nice, Uther. About time someone made a good roll re: this girl. :P
-Kanus roll SPOT. I'll still give you guys enough headstart you won't be rushing too much. Everyone rolled awesome for the researching.


Uther senses someone following him for the longest time, and now, the sensation is almost certain when he catches a whiff of something on the air. It's coppery, and it makes his beard bristle slightly when he realizes it is blood.

Finally, realizing that if an ambush is coming, it's now...

He turns around, and sees a shivering young woman, hiding in one of the bushes. Her hands and white, plain prision clothes are covered with ruby lines of blood, but it doesn't seem like the blood is hers.

She sees you notice her, her eyes go wide, and she takes a step forward, mouth trembling to try and say something, but she's overcome with fear.


Uther, what would you like to do? She seems unarmed, though the blood on her hands worries you, as it seems fresh.

_________________

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp


Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:59 pm
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:50 pm
Posts: 3467
Post 
Perfectly aware that appearances can be deceiving, Uther stops his horse and makes no hostile actions. In fact, for a moment, he makes no hostile actions whatsoever.

"Well, noo. Ye'd be the wee lass everyone is talking aboot, nae? Och, an' a bonnie lass ye are, too. Well, I've ne love for tha' peacock of a guard captain, and he's nae love foor me, so if ye want, I can help ye hide whilst I listen to yer story. In fact, I admit I'm filled wi' a burning curiosity, and the more damage I can do to tha' toom tabard of a stuffed shirt, th' happier I'll be."

Perfectly aware that appearances can also be entirely accurate, Uther doesn't drop all his weapons- but he figures he's a healthy young dwarf and can probably handle whatever a slip of a girl can dish out.

"I suppose the first order o'business would be yer clothing, nae? I've got robe in my pack, as it happens, and it hides bloodstains verra well. If ye'd loike tae change, we can head intae town and buy ye some proper clothes."

_________________
Why carry a gun? Because a whole cop would be too heavy.


Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:41 pm
Profile
Cheerful Groupie

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:03 am
Posts: 1499
Location: not here
Post 
Spot: 1d20+6=16+6=22

Kanus keeps a sharp eye out for false shadows and people trailing behind him.

_________________
Don't forget.


Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:03 pm
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:50 pm
Posts: 3467
Post 
[oog: Uther's arm, held out for days, starts to cramp...]

_________________
Why carry a gun? Because a whole cop would be too heavy.


Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:58 am
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:14 pm
Posts: 2769
Location: Location, Location!
Post 
"Boy, I don't remember this road being this long on the way up here!" Stabby exclaims.

_________________
Image


"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski


Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:14 pm
Profile
Cheerful Groupie

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:03 am
Posts: 1499
Location: not here
Post 
Kanus comments, "Time and distance always seem different when under high mental stress. You might consider proper breathing techniques to aid with clearing your mind." After that, he whistles twice, expecting his friend to hop out onto the road.

(OOC: Oh great and powerful DM, can my companion show up, now?)

_________________
Don't forget.


Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:00 pm
Profile
WAR SysOp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 3479
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Post 
[the DM ignores the pitiful complaints about his brief vacation due to being pissed off at the world and running on 12 hours of sleep for the week, then drinks some Strongbow and feels much better. He then cracks his knuckles and starts typing. PS) Sorry it took so long. ^_^ ]

The girl aproaches Uther slowly, just as cautious as a frightened cat and with eyes twice as wide. She looks down at her clothes and tears suddenly stream out from her eyes. Again, as she comes closer, you are certain that the blood is not hers, and she's obviously quite upset about it. Her mouth opens in a sob, but you hear nothing escape her throat.

Uther, this seems a bit strange, ROLL INT.

Meinwhile, Kanus and Stabby, leaving Larkspur to walk with the Captain (possibly slowing him down and learning more) see Uther off to the side of the road.

He is talking to someone in the bushes, and has suited up with his usual adventuring gear. He doesn't seem to be in danger, but it's clear he's worried about something. As you get closer, you see who it is. A young girl not a year your elder. Her clothes are covered in blood, but she doesn't seem wounded.

As you aproach, the girl spots you about the same time you take in the scene, and she backs away, scared.

Toze, you can make a Diplomacy roll if you wish to calm her. I'll give you a +3 due to your kind and easy words earlier.


As this is happening, Larkspur, you find the Captain suiting up. He has a parchment tube on his belt, now that all the paperwork is done. He notices you but just ignores you.

Just as you are about to grab a riding dog (you're a gnome, after all. ^_^) the King comes up to the other side of your dog and leans down.

Larkspur...I must ask you and the others to lay low for the next couple of days. There is a plot about..." he pauses, looking at the far too many ears nearby. Slowly, he reaches into his robes and hands you a small, folded parchment. It is completely unremarkable, but you weight it in your hand to have many folds.

"Please, be careful, and please read that before you and the boys do anything foolish, alright?"


_________________

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp


Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:06 am
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:14 pm
Posts: 2769
Location: Location, Location!
Post 
Stabby, seeing the girl about to bolt, springs into action. He pulls Gwendolen, his lute, from her case and begins to play.

o/~Don't fret, precious, I'm here.
o/~Step away from the window,
o/~And go back to sleeep.o/~

[Fascinate]
[Perform (Singing): 8+4=12]
[Perform (Lute): 8+2+20=30]


Well, that's some awesome luting. ^_^

_________________
Image


"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski


Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:14 am
Profile
WAR SysOp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 3479
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Post 
Damn, I forgot how good Bards were with the womenz. :P

The girl calms instantly, soothed by the music and singing, as well as the non-agressiveness of the group.

_________________

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp


Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:28 am
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:50 pm
Posts: 3467
Post 
rolled 9 twice- that gives me:
INT: 10
DIPLOMACY: 12

"Ri', then." Seeing her calm, Uther shakes out his good red robe that he was wearing earlier that day, and offers it to the girl. "There, lass. Go change in th' bushes, we willnae look."

Speaking of looking, Uther peers down the road behind his brothers, looking for anybody following them.


Ugh. 7 + 7 = 14, if it's needed.

_________________
Why carry a gun? Because a whole cop would be too heavy.


Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:17 pm
Profile
WAR SysOp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 3479
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Post 
Nobody seems to be on the road other than your friends, and you know the Captain is taking a formally dressed horse, and will not likely be sneaking around when under the guise of official business.

Uther, your Int roll, while not spectacular, gives you the hintings that this girl is either in shock, or could be mute.

<Summoners> "Hahah, okay, okay...you can talk to each other now."</summoners>

_________________

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp


Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:09 pm
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:50 pm
Posts: 3467
Post 
Uther turns to his brothers. "Bugger the captain. Save the lass. Anyone disagree?"

_________________
Why carry a gun? Because a whole cop would be too heavy.


Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:24 pm
Profile
Cheerful Groupie

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:03 am
Posts: 1499
Location: not here
Post 
"And what of the well-being of everyone else?" Kanus queries.

_________________
Don't forget.


Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:19 pm
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:14 pm
Posts: 2769
Location: Location, Location!
Post 
Stabby resists the urge to make a comment about buggering the lass as well. Instead he replies, "I suggest we first warn the kids at the orphanage, and then we journey to the prison where she was kept. I think we'll find more answers there."

_________________
Image


"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski


Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:11 pm
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:50 pm
Posts: 3467
Post 
"Journey tae the what? Nae, I dinnae think so. She just left, she willnae be wantin' tae head back tae the clink so fast." He pauses, considering. "She'll nae be willing tae join any such expedition in any case. It'd be best tae get her somewhere comfortable. I say we go tae an inn I know of. They willnae ask questions, and they willnae brook interference from the bloody Brickle. Less difficult than convincin' her tae lead us back tae the prison- where'er it is- and the promise of food and drink at the end, too."

_________________
Why carry a gun? Because a whole cop would be too heavy.


Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:38 pm
Profile
Chibi-Czar
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:14 pm
Posts: 2769
Location: Location, Location!
Post 
"Well, I actually have a map to the prison, so she won't need to lead us. In any case, we still need to catch up with Larkspur back at the orphanage. Plus it would look bad if we left before the captain and weren't there when they arrived."

Stabby stroked his chin thoughtfully. "You guys take my cart and go back to the orphanage. I'll take the girl to the inn, and you can say I went troubadouring or galavanting with the ladies or something. After they don't find anything at the orphanage, you guy can come meet me at the inn."

_________________
Image


"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski


Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:43 pm
Profile
Cheerful Groupie

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:03 am
Posts: 1499
Location: not here
Post 
"I think that is acceptable," Kanus comments. "Do you concur, Uther?"

_________________
Don't forget.


Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:52 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.