It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:01 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 The Demon's Ring - RPG In-Character Posts 
Chibi-Czar

Uther lifts an eyebrow at Stabby. "Girl?" He looks at everyone in the party; himself, Kanus, Stabby, Larkspur... "Mistress Karch?" It had never, in his life, occured to think of Madam Karch as a "girl." Female, yes, but of that indominitable variety whose gender seems subordinate to her identity as mistress and lady.

"... maybe they mistook us for summat else?"

Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:02 pm
Chibi-Czar

Stabby draws Stabbity Death from inside his cloak and brandishes it at the men. "You're not spilling fast enough." To emphasive his point, he stabs the uncooperative one in the shoulder.

[Dagger: 13+3+1=17, Damage: 1d4, Roll: 3]

"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:27 pm
WAR SysOp

The old nurse seems to agree with Uther in that she is not the 'girl' and asks: "What girl? Is she in danger?"

Stabbity Death makes a nice, deep...uhm...stab...in the man's shoulder, making him howl with pain and spit out more dirt.

"You little bastard! Let me up! Untie me and I'll give you stabbing in a fair fight, coward!"

The other man seems to be calming down now that Stabby has moved his agressions to his comrade. (he rolled SHIT for Will. You scared the piss out of him)

"Sh...she escaped last night. W...we heard she had help from someone in the orphanage. Our boss was supposed to take care of it with the King, but..."

He stops, suddenly going red. "You...you...didn't know any of this...did you? Oh no....you mean you didn't even help the girl???"

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:46 pm
Chibi-Czar

Stabby brought Stabbity Death under the man's chin. "Start from the begininng and tell me everything. If I think you're holding out on me, I start stabbing."
[Intimidate: 16+2=18]

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:11 pm
Cheerful Groupie

Kanus, upon hearing this tale, grumbles loudly. His eyes shift about as the clock-works in his head run through possibilities. Eventually, he closes his eyes and reaches a hand up to the back of his neck to massage it.

After a short moment, he says, "I think we should take them with us. They won't cause us any more trouble, and, at the very least, Stabby has given a combat-handicap to one of them, already. If they wanted to cause us trouble, they would end up right back here. Nevertheless, Father will like to see them, I think, and find out which "girl" they are talking about, and for whom they work. However, now that we seem to be having some trouble..."
Kanus trails off his sentence. Placing two fingers in his mouth, he lets out a very loud, very shrill whistle.[/color]

(DM: See PM)

Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:14 pm
Chibi-Czar

Uther continues wending he cart along behind his brothers.
"Ach, well, we've nae helped any girl yet. O'course, if I see her, I'm like as nae to help her just tae spite ye."
He eyes the belligerent bandit. "As it comes tae it, I seem tae recall a distinct lack of stabbing in the LAST fight we had, though I'll admit I outnumbered ye one to three. P'raps ye should still yer tongue whilst it remains attached, aye?" He gives the bandit a glower and returns to guiding the cart- taking a few moments to inspect his shiny new dagger, of course.

"Wait, STABBY gave 'em a handicap? Doos mae axe-work count for nothing, then?"

Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:23 pm
Chibi-Czar

20 years of training, schooling and near conditioning have left Larkspur with on very clear effect, you keep your appointments... and promises, but that has little to do with the case at the moment. Shortly before leaving Larkspur quickly 'borrows' one of the rings for inspeaction.
[Knowledge: Royalty/Nobles 7+9=16].
But all in all he is glad to be moving again, he has an appointment, and a reputation to keep after all, and best of all, no blood on his good clothes.

Information and knowledge: two currencies that have never gone out of style
-- Neil Gaiman, American Gods

Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:42 pm
Cheerful Groupie

"My apologies. They won't cause us any more trouble now that we have given a combat-handicap to them."

Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:04 pm
Chibi-Czar

Stabby raises Stabbity death to his ear. "What's that? I don't know. What did the Indian hooker say to the witch doctor? Oh, hahaha! Stabbity death, you've got the greatest sense of humor!" Stabby gets a questioning look on his face. "What's that? You're thirsty? Well, go ahead and drink up!" With that, Stabby grabs the uncooperative prisoner by the hair, snatches his head back, and runs the very sharp dagger across the man's throat.

[Do I really need to roll anything for that?]

Stabby brings the blade into a threatening position in front of the so far silent one. "Stabbity Death here is still thirsty. Behave or I'll let him drink up."

Turning to the others, he gestures over his shoulder with his head at the remaining prisoners. "Help me get them into the cart."

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:15 pm
Chibi-Czar

Frick, have you guys been ignoring me, or is it just because Fiss hasn't said anything? I was under the assumption we were all under way, that everyone was already loaded back into the cart, and that we were still progressing to the castle while the interrigation/conversation continued... I mean, I've been driving for the last three posts or so.

Uther eyes the dead-dying-or-just-really-nervous man in the back of his cart, and then Stabby. He's silent for a moment, then speaks.

"Sta, I ken ye're mah billie, an' I'm nae stranger tae Auld Shanks, but there's a line 'tween crockin' a man when hae's tryin' tae crock you, and crockin' a man helpless and tied up. And, thoo I'm nae one tae talk, there is the wee issue of wha' the law has tae say aboot it. Especial in broad daylight, like, where farmers and magistrates may see. So, 'less ye want tae condemn us all tae be fugees, I'd appreciate your not slitting any more throats where we can see 'em, aye?

'Sides, it's right hard tae sleep next to a man too given tae slitting throats, ken?"

Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:30 pm
Chibi-Czar

"Until you try to kill me, you don't have anything to worry about from me."

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:00 pm
Chibi-Czar

"Yeh, tha' wasnae exactly my point thoo, was it? It's nae YOU I'm primarrily worried aboot, it's anyone- like the constabulary- that takes exception tae yer rather pragmatic fashion of dealing wi' pris'ners. Thoo the idleness of threats like tha' t'ward yer kin ain't exactly consolin'."

Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:06 pm
Cheerful Groupie

"Uther does have a point. Because the men are now prisoners, there are rules we must abide by in terms of their treatment. It may be unfortunate that we can't maim them and torture them, but then, again, the local constabulary might do that for us."

Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:51 pm
WAR SysOp

OOC: Sorry about not responding later yesterday - was in the middle of my PC format/reinstall.

Unless any of you have objections, I'll take it you want to bring the attackers with you and get some assistance from the cops in town. Correct? Madam K. will help out by driving so you guys can continue having fun with the prisoners. Uther takes the prisoners in the spare cart, and it looks like the mules will at least make it the day without collapsing so long as they don't have to hurry.

The vocal anger dies down as you all begin to get moving again. Stabby continues to try to get some information out of the guards.

The guards are pretty quiet despite the threats. The one with the blade-to-his-throat seems to be content to die if it means you learn nothing else. However, the one who has given you most of the info seems more worried about attacks from outside the cart. His nerves are pretty ragged, and all you hear from him is the mantra:

"Boss is goinna kill me...Boss is goinna kill me..." with the occational moment of clarity where he mentiones "I hope it's quick..."

You reach the the gates of the Palace without further incident, and are admitted by a number of guards who look at your prisoners curiously.

OOC: Here's your chance to correct me on any logistics of the situation, and inform the gards what you would like done.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:37 am
Chibi-Czar

[Heh, if you don't mind me inserting this before we get there...]

Stabby shrugs at his brother's comments. "I suppose you're right."

Stabby leans down and touches then man while concentrating.
[Concentrate: 10+7=17]
[Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8+4, Roll: 7+4=11, Max: 10 points healed.]

Stabby looks at his brothers, "Curious thing, I just had the weirdest thought of the phrases 'control-X' and 'control-Z'. I wonder what that could mean?"

"Well?" Stabby asks the guy questioningly. "Aren't you going to thank you for saving your life?"

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:53 am
Chibi-Czar

On arrival at the palace, Uther hands over his shiny new dagger to the appropriate guards, then clears his throat. "I, uh, realize ye cannot see it what with the robe being crimson, but de ye have some bandages? I seem to be bleeding from a crossbow bolt wound, just under me right arm there. I'd hate tae form a wee puddle 'o me own blood in the throne room, ye ken?"

Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:01 pm
Chibi-Czar

Stabby walks over to his brother and lays hands on him.
[Concentrate: 14+7=21]
[Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+4, Roll: 6+4=10, Max: 5]

"Better?"

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:22 pm
Chibi-Czar

Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:30 pm
Cheerful Groupie

Upon arriving at the palace, Kanus promptly checks his weapons with the palace guards, as he's done before. He relates what happened on the way up here to the guards who took his weapons, but ends with, "I'm not sure what we are doing with them. I assumed we would merely hand them over to you." Kanus finishes his sentence while looking back at his friends for signs of disagreement.

(OOC: Whoops. Missed the updates.)

Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:36 pm
WAR SysOp

OOC: Forgive my lack of posting. Here we go!

The guards recognize you instantly and assist with the process of getting you all prepared for the meeting with the king.

One guard turns to you and says: "We can keep them in the locker while you're busy. Anything you want us to ask them or ... beat out of them?" he grins happily.

Madam Karch's humour with the situation fades as you register your weapons with the main gate guard. "I want to get back to the orphanage as soon as possible. It sounds like something serious is happening. At least we'll get some more info from the Guard."

Anything you want to do / talk to guards, do it now. I may be slow with the next reply, just for your heads up.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:30 am
Cheerful Groupie

Kanus immediately responds, "They mentioned trying to get some girl. Would you be able to find out which girl? They thought we had her, but his reaction didn't seem to indicate Mrs. Karch."

(OOC: Because no one declared otherwise, I'm going to claim I grabbed up the other two rings. Not that our characters would be aware of something like this, but I highly doubt they would be magical. Also, I'm assuming we split the gold relatively evenly between us. I'll take 8 gold which leaves 9 gold for the three of you. That leaves the crossbow and bolts to be claimed if anyone wants them.)

Kanus holds out his hand, producing the one of the platinum rings the attackers had. "They were wearing rings. This is one of them. Do you know to what the insignia refers?"

[Editted to be accurate regarding the rings.]

Last edited by Daemon on Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:31 am
WAR SysOp

Larkspur took a ring for reference earlier. Unless someone else claimed one, you have 2 .

The guard asks if he can take a closer look at the ring. "I have a friend in the Castle Registry who might recognize the coat of arms. Can I borrow this?"

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:02 am
Cheerful Groupie

"Sure." (OOC: Gobble Gobble wibble wobble. Uh oh. Now, there is one.)

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:15 am
Chibi-Czar

Uther points at the dagger he handed over. "That, thoo now mine, used tae be theirs. Given tha jewels and suchlike, I imagine they're a special design. Mayhaps ye could take a quick look and see if a local goudsmythe kens it?"

With that, Uther hurries inside, expecting that the king will have more information on the topic, and wishing he'd brought his equipment.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:36 pm
Chibi-Czar

Stabby picks up the two jeweled daggers and one of the rings. "I say we kill two of them and bring one with us to question later."

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:44 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next