It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am

DM fun 
Doom Lobster

Post DM fun
Just the same sort of thing I do in the Creative works section...For the other people here who DM...what's the weirdest thing you've ever sprung on your players?

For me, I'd say it's the "Red Legion"--forget Kobolds, try fighting a bunch of dwarves with russian accents who dual-wield hammers and sickles.

There was also a CN/CE Half-Elf Rogue/Fighter named Stein. I'm not getting into that, though. :lol:

--Cam

Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:09 pm
WAR SysOp

Had fun with a semi-modern D&D campaign... the bard who is from REAL earth (and has a guitar like on FLCL) was noticed by a bunch of dwarves who are from the heavy rock band "ROCKS TO YER AZZ!"

That was a great scene. Especially when one of the dwarves crit-failed playing his rock-drums. <laughs>

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:13 am
Cherub

That would have to be The Copy-Machine Incident. As we often do, me and some friend were improvising a story. We were playing Vampire and I was Storyteller, sort of. They were in a library, trying to use a copy machine. The librarians did not approve. Ten minute gunfight insued.

Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:08 pm
The BURNiNATOR!

Location: Main Engineering station of the IPS XionII (hawiian shirt time!)
*thinks* Started them off in a German insane asylum. Not only did they have to figure out how to communicate, they had to find out how to get out of there.

All 'normal' asylum characters were present. (ie: Burly guards, the superhero guy, the TV obsessed guy...)

or the time they were attacked by disco werewolves, and ended up having an entire fight to 'play that funky music white boy'.

Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:34 pm
Doom Lobster

I just got a mental image of Martini the sorcerer (or psion, or any spellcaster, really)...
:twisted:
Hehe....

Also, I'd make the copy machine do Agg. damage to vampires, if used right. nasty surprise when you try to copy your...um...stuff...
::Shifty Eyes::

--Cam

Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:24 pm
Cherub

Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:17 am
i'd at least force the players to mod the thing.. stick a UV bulb in there. its usually UV that is considered anti-undead, since it's absent in artificial light.

as for wierdest thing.. we had a character with the wierdness magnet disagvantage in gurps, so i cant say what the wierdest things were.. there was a room of randomness, and anytime she walked near a duck it would say 'aflac' and explode. the ethereal ducks that appeared complicated that... how do you clean ethereal guts from the material plane?

Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:45 am
Doom Lobster

--Cam

Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:02 pm
Chibi-Czar

"PAPER MACHE BOULDER"

think Indiana jones. the PC's enter a ruined tower, evil sorcerer, yadda yadda yadda. they ispatch the small goblins who have lived there for amny years, and proceed down a hallway, setting off a trap. a massive boulder falls towards them.
being panicking, they dont notice the lack of noise, and run. most of them make it out of the way, but one doesnt, and is "crushed" by the boulder.

the otehrs pant and lament their fallen comrade. a few secodns later the boulder hurtles into the room, smacks up against the wall and shatters, revealing a very confused and dizzy PC.

turns out the gobbos got bored....

The Incorporated States of Katangara.Downtreading the populace since 2003.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:31 am