It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 am

Massive 3 Party Campaign planned - Want in? 
Chibi-Czar

Post Re: Massive 3 Party Campaign planned - Want in?
Awesome... I think I have mine done... which I shall PM to you later on... after handling the kiddo and whatnot...

Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:08 pm
Chibi

Hey all, here is my characters concept if anyone is interested.

Name: Jonas Icarus
Physical Focus Trait: Dexterity
Mental Focus Trait: Wisdom
Personal Items: Father’s watch, Police badge, ‘First/last bullet’
Items to Pack: Police Uniform, Stephen King’s “The Gunslinger,” Journal and pen. Great great great grandfather’s gun belts.

Brief history and motivation:

Jonas was born in Australia, although his parents were American. Raised in a strict and Traditional household Jonas has always possessed a great sense of duty and personal responsibility. His early childhood was uneventful, as was his schooling. In fact, so unremarkable was his life the only real point worth mentioning was his parents death on his 19th birthday.
Still, Jonas took this devastating blow in his stride. While Jonas has never subscribed to any religion or defined spirituality, Jonas’s deeply instilled sense of fatalism and pragmatism made it easy to accept their passing as ‘simply their time.’ Still, Jonas’s general lack of friends combined with the passing of his parents were a large factor in Jonas’s decision to leave the country of his birth. He moved to America, but soon failed to find his niche there. And so he continued traveling as a hitch hiker, working his way north into Canada, where he finally settled. The sense of right and wrong, of duty and loyalty finally found its outlet when Jonas enrolled in Police academy and graduated. Now a junior police officer in the Edmonton PD Jonas has recently been feeling a mild discontent. Similar to the sensation he refuses to acknowledge in the weeks leading up to his parent’s death; The feeling of an uncaring fate drawing a new card to lie on the table. Despite his best efforts to think otherwise, he cant help but feel his sense of duty feels misplaced, that he a grander destiny to serve.
Standing six feet tall, Jonas often dresses in mute colours, dark blues, greens, browns and reds, the exception being his once blood red but now faded leather trench coat which had belonged to his father. This usually seems to emphasize the bright and seemingly depthless quality his eyes possess, which often gives people the impression of much greater age and wisdom as well as the slightly disturbing sensation of being stared right through, as if not there. Soft spoken, Jonas is a man of few words, but when he speaks he weighs every word carefully and precisely.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:13 am
Chibi-Czar

I wanna play!

Name: Edward "Mountain" Ross
Physical trait: Constitution
Mental trait: Intelligence
Personal items: Leather jacket, dirtbike.
Pack items: Mechanic's toolkit.

Jacket: http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_ ... cale=en_CA
Dirtbike:
http://soonerschooters.com/images/_PROD ... ke-210.jpg

History:

Eddie Ross grew up in the suburbs of Edmonton, a physically imposing but otherwise average youth. His grades were mostly Cs, with a few Bs in subjects that interested him, like English and Phys Ed. In high school he joined the football team, performing well as a fullback but not well enough for scholarships. He met Mohammed Almasi, son of Pakistani immigrants, in grade 9, and they rapidly became best friends. Mohammed was a quick-witted and charming boy, popular with girls and teachers. Eddie, on the other hand, was slow of speech and action, though emphatic and decisive when he moved. The two were an inseparable pair, yin and yang. They were soon taking the same courses, Mohammed's grades being slightly higher. They were doing the same things, dating (and fighting over) similar girls, and getting into the same trouble. They smoked a little pot, hitchhiked to Calgary for a couple of rock concerts, but in general got into no real trouble and watched each others' backs. Eddie got his nickname partly from his size (which increased every year after beginning high school, and helped along by football), and partly from his best friend; "If Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed" was the description when he arrived at Mohammed's 16th birthday party. In short, they were two peas in a pod, and destined to be best friends forever.

That changed a year after high school graduation. Eddie was working as a rig hand to save up tuition money, and Mohammed was vacationing in Pakistan with his family. Mohammed returned the same weekend of Eddie's last day, and they went out for drinks. That night, Mohammed disappeared and Eddie got into a car crash. Eddie's blood alcohol level was a shade over .8%, and he was charged with drunk driving. Eddie was the only one near the vanished Mohammed, and he was charged with murder. However, since there was no body, and every character witness said Eddie was too good a friend to kill Mohammed, not to mention too dumb to hide the body, he beat that rap. Far worse than this, however, was the effect that the incident had on Eddie. Doctors pronounced him brain-damaged and mute as a result of the crash, with unknown further neurological complications. Only Eddie's family doctor, a general practitioner, contested the diagnosis, suggesting psychological trauma. He cited the fact that Eddie didn't appear to have any desire to speak, and that accident victims with far more damage to their language centers were capable of speech. The point, however, was moot; Eddie refused further treatment once he was well enough to walk, and never returned for medical treatment of any kind. He has since spoken, but only rarely and only in situations in which he was very comfortable. He has not been near a hospital, however, since then.

Since the accident, Eddie has worked a variety of low-paying jobs, mostly construction. Hampered by a lack of education, the stigma of a murder accusation, and his usual lack of speech, Eddie has held jobs for years but never advanced. He currently works part-time as a short-order cook, earning enough to pay his rent and groceries. However, he has pursued- with some success- a career in street fighting. He knows and is known by rough men, but nobody else, not for his skill in battle but for his ability to withstand an incredible amount of punishment. He once again earned the nickname "Mountain," earning enough wins- and enough money- to support himself better than the average part-time cook. His association with illegal fights, and his moderate but inexplicable wealth, not to mention his murder charge, has earned him sharp attention from the law. His reticence has not improved matters, and so despite not being a particularly bad man is shaken down by the police every time something goes wrong. He suffers the indignity silently, and returns home to his one-bedroom apartment without complaint. He is not particularly eager to fight, but does find a kind of pleasure in doing it well- and, unlike his blue-collar jobs, not speaking doesn't carry any particular stigma. He finds that criminals have created the ultimate meritocracy, and he enjoys that element of the lifestyle. He has been approached several times for bodyguard work or gang membership, but has turned the offers down silently, preferring to work as a free agent and not have obligations he might not be able to meet.

Eddie, despite his imposing physical size, reputation for violence, lack of education, and silence, is not stupid. In fact, he has become an avid player of Risk, Chess, and Go since the accident. Several "geek bars" in Edmonton know him as "Crazy Eddie" for his fearsome powers in games of strategy. Even there, however, he is seen as an odd duck. Most geek bar patrons are polymaths, computer geeks, or otherwise academically inclined. Eddie has no interest in their discussions, and usually plays only with long-term patrons who know that his size and scars are not signs of impending violence. Newcomers take one look at him and mutter comments about letting the wookie win. He does not participate in tournaments or exhibition matches, and the depth of his talent for strategy is known only to a few; to most who know him he is a silent, passive man, capable of a hard day's work but little else. Some know of his capacity for violence, some his hidden intellectual skill, but nobody both.

Eddie stands 6'4" and weighs 320 pounds, most of it muscle. He bears scars on his hands, arms, and face from bar fights, and his nose has been pounded nearly flat from his illicit career. He has most of his teeth, missing a lower-right incisor, and keeps his brown hair short; less than an inch, hard to grab. He wears single-color shirts in a variety of colors, denim, usually well-worn and often ripped, and leather jackets emblazoned with patches from his favorite rock bands; Slipknot, NIN, and Southern Born Killers. He reads Soldier of Fortune, watches UFC, and drinks Coors. He's got straight-black tattoos of fire on his forearms. He communicates mostly with shakes and nods of his head, simple gestures, and staring blankly when people start asking too much of him. It's not that he doesn't understand them, or can't do what they want- it's just that after hanging out with criminals and being abused by cops, he doesn't quite trust anyone, and "being dumb" is an excellent cover.

Last edited by Tozetre on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:57 pm
WAR SysOp

Looks good. Feel free to whip up the stats based on my main "Character Creation" post.

I'm going to compile a spreadsheet with everyone's character basics shortly. I'm also giving out bonuses depending on backstory/character ideas, so don't worry, your non-stats are just as important as your stat sheet.

All in all, though, this will be an awesome game. Good group of characters, also, I'll have a link to a local copy of the SRD I found in Wiki format that is REALLY well done. If anyone has any questions on their character creation, e-mail me ASAP, I'm thinking I'll start sometimes this weekend if everyone is OK with that. :D

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:38 pm
Chibi-Czar

(a week and a half later)
so, uh....

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:38 am
WAR SysOp

I'm still waiting for some character info (ahem..AMON... :P )

but check out the main page here: It's starting.

LINK

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:52 am
Chibi-Czar

And as a free service... I offer my skills and tablet for any character sketches you want done ^-^

Just an example, here be Izzy in her crowning glory of awesomeness

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:06 pm
Cherub

Well, since Fiss was kind enough to bring me in late, here's my character description.

Name: Dr. Sarah Chen, MD (Chen Sai Fong)
Physical Focus Trait: Dexterity
Mental Focus Trait: Wisdom
Personal Items: Gold and jade pendant, jade bracelet (worn on left wrist), platinum and ruby ring (worn on right ring finger)
Items to Pack: Medical kit, Blackberry, notebook computer, Aston Martin DB9.

Background:

Sarah Chen was one of four children born to a wealthy Chinese businessman. She was born in Hong Kong, later moving with her family to Seattle to follow her father's business ventures. Her early life was unextraordinary, closely mirroring that of other daughters of wealthy families - private schools, social gatherings, vacations to the family cabin at Aspen and trips to visit relatives in Hong Kong.

Her idyllic life was shattered in her junior year of high school. After a late night with a group of friends, the car carrying Sarah was totalled by a drunk driver. Sarah escaped with minimal injuries, just a few cuts and bruises - but two of her best friends were killed in the crash. The consquences of the accident, while dire, weren't entirely negative. After being tended by the nurses, Sarah found herself watching the attending physician in the emergency room. In spite of the terrible circumstances, Sarah couldn't help but admire the quick and accurate judgement that the doctor displayed.

Weeks later, once her injuries had healed, Sarah decided to go to medical school. Just as importantly to Sarah, her father was pleased by the choice, and supported Sarah throughout her studies. As in her grade school years, Sarah attended the best universities that money could offer. Sarah spent nine years at Harvard for her bachelor's degree in psychology and joint degrees in medicine and business. Later, she performed her residency in emergency medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, proving herself to be a very capable physician despite her lack of experience. Many of her instructors called her "the best student they'd ever had", and even during her residency she was taking on tasks normally assigned to fully trained physicians.

Once her internship ended, Sarah considered her options. A friend from her medical student days suggested Canada; the friend was from Vancouver, not far north of Seattle. Liking the familiarity and proximity to her family, Sarah agreed, and moved to Vancouver that summer. Since then, she has become an emergency physician at a major hospital in the area. Recently she was invited to speak at a conference on emergency medicine, opening up new possibilities as a lecturer and personality in her field.

Description: Sarah is nearly the stereotypical "cute Asian girl" - long black hair, petite frame and brown eyes as whirlpools. She has a more curvaceous figure than the average Chinese woman due to cosmetic surgery in her university years. She always dresses professionally and keeps her jewellery to a minimum, wearing only a few select pieces that compliment her outfits.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:06 pm
Chibi-Czar

I'm still interested, but I can't for the life of me get my charsheet done (if anyone wants to do it for me, it'd be appreciated)

Personnaly, I expect it's from all these years of rules light RPing.

That and things are really busy right now.

Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:12 pm
WAR SysOp

No problem Nicharus, I'll try to whip up a quick "basic stats" document and attach it at the beginning of this topic hopefully Saturday. Work is sucking all my free time at the moment, and Friday's going to be a write off for me by the looks of things.

Also, I want to be sure, Tozetre and Nekochan, what levels are your characters? I think I forgot to tell you you can start at 5. :P

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:14 pm
Chibi-Czar

"Also, I want to be sure, Tozetre and Nekochan, what levels are your characters? I think I forgot to tell you you can start at 5. :P"

>.< you bastard... i'm a wittle lvl 1...

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:02 pm
Chibi-Czar

5, yo. |..|, >o< ,|..|

though I never spent the action points from those levels. <_< er. Are we supposed to?

Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:19 pm
WAR SysOp

Uhm...nope.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:02 pm