It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 [disbanded]RPG - The Last Chinook 
Moderator of Pain!

Post Re: RPG - The Last Chinook
(OOC you mean Ross right?)

Righto. Seeing the large guy tear off down the corridor and seeing that the women have YET to move. Meier follows behind Ross down the corridor.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:37 am
WAR SysOp

The two guys head on into the darkness, picking up the trail of the...thing...quite easily. Meier, you start to see signs of struggle: Disturbed dust trails on the floor, knocked over cans and chairs, etc. Finally, you both get to a stairwell leading down to a boiler room. The light changes from the distant glow from overhead windows to a warm, ruddy reflection off the stairwell walls.

As you both step down, you hear some muffled chattering and someone whimpering. The stairs end at a landing, about 10 feet square, and you see the source of the glow coming from under a closed metal door on the left side of the landing's wall. As you reach half way, there is a metal-on-metal sound that echoes from the door itself.

Roll Security, Meier.

Also, as you both get closer, do you want to use the stealth and listen aproach, or the guns blazing aproach? Move Silently checks will be needed if you want stealth.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:56 am
Moderator of Pain!

(OOC Security check of 11)

Meier, not wanting to make whatever that is behind the door aware of his presence, will use the stealth method.

(OOC Move Silently check of 12, not great, but not bad)

Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:07 pm
WAR SysOp

You get down to the door without tripping on anything and can now try it if you'd like

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:16 pm
Chibi-Czar

(OOC: er yeah, I meant Ross)
(move silently... 4)

Ross keeps charging and punts a paint can into the metal door with a startling "BONG."

Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:20 am
Cherub

((OOC: So, so sorry that I've been away so long. Life got crazy busy for the past little while.))

Sarah slips her Blackberry back into her purse and hangs the bag over her shoulder, looking up at the scaffolding as the two men make their way down the hall. Slowly, she starts to climb up and over, praying she doesn't end up slipping or something equally nasty.

((Climb check: unmodified d20 - no STR bonus, no ranks in Climb. Result: 2. FAIL.))

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:39 pm
WAR SysOp

Sarah confidently scales the scaffold vertically, but when she tries to swing herself over a rung, the unimaginable happens and she misjudges the next bar. There is a quickened scuffle of sound behind the two ladies as something runs down the hall, lashes out with a grey blur, and catches Sarah barely by her blouse as she falls into the hole.

Sarah and Izzy, you both look up/over to see...a massive, grey wolf struggling to hold on with its teeth as the sound of ripping fabric fills the hall. What do you do?

Ross and Meier: You both wait anxiously for some kind of sign that you have been noticed. Nothing comes, however, after a few moments of silence. <Both roll Listen Check>

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:00 pm
Chibi-Czar

(Rolled a 19, woo! plus... uh, nothing, I think. So 19!)

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:35 am
Moderator of Pain!

(OOC Listen check of 19+6=25 Noice!!!)

Meier spins his head towards the sound.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:47 am
WAR SysOp

You both strain your ears to hear the sounds of a threat beyond. The muttering, whimpering and other scuffling has been replaced by a very pregnant silence. Both of you can almost make out the sound of careful breath on the other side of the door...something had heard you and is now waiting for you.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:33 pm
Cherub

Sarah lets out a yelp and digs her feet in as the wolf gives another tug. Her mind is racing as she tries to calm herself, despite feeling the hot, rancid breath of the animal wafting into her face. Thinking quickly, she tries to determine whether the wolf intends to harm her, or is trying to lead her around.

((Sense Motive at +5: 8))

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:21 am
Chibi-Czar

(door open toward or away from us?)

Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:12 pm
WAR SysOp

Kaminari, the smilie messed up the roll, did you get 8? let me know if I'm wrong:

Sarah looks up into the wild eyes of the wolf and sees it growling and trying to pull her up slowly. You're caught between the dual fear of it being an inch away from your neck, and the black drop into the unknown below. Roll a WILL SAVE to see if you're panicing.

Ross quietly checks the door, it opens toward you, and the metal construction makes kicking it in unlikely.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:09 am
Cherub

((Yes, it was an 8, and my WIll save at +4 comes out to 9. Not going to do a cinematic post since the result of this roll will affect it.))

Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:26 am
WAR SysOp

Sarah panics and starts thrashing, trying to twist herself around to grab hold of something, anything, that isn't the sharp toothy doom right next to her jugular vein. Unfortunately, as she tries to grab hold of the ledge, she pushes off from the side of the hole with an accidental kick and twist.

The wolf's eyes widen as his paws lose their grip on the floor. He tries to backwheel for traction, but momentum has already caught hold. With a yelp, he is drug into the hole with Sara before he can recover/let go, and the two tumble down into the blackness.

The fall is extremely disorienting, but you fall onto something at an angle and padded without breaking any bones. The angle slowly begins flattening out, and you start rolling painfully, trying to protect your head and neck from bumping into the walls of the chute you're tumbling down.
Roll Acrobatics, Tumble, or Dex of your choice. You also hear yelping as the wolf falls down with you, luckily not on top of you.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:36 pm
Chibi-Czar

((OOC: Aw, sad panda. Also, we are the most heroic group ever; stymied by a hole and a door.))

Ross waits, facing the door squarely, watching Meier for the lead.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:27 pm
Cherub

Sarah tumbles rather unelegantly down the pipe, coughing a little from the impact against her back and shaking her head to clear it when she lands. After blinking herself to consciousness she spots the wolf again. Her breath catches in her throat, but she manages not to panic, instead looking around for a way to escape the animal that's been chasing her.

((Dex at +2: 8. Stupid smilies.))
((Will at +4: 20))
((Search at +3: 14))

Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:15 am
WAR SysOp

Sarah feels a few bruises (5 damage non-lethal) but is otherwise fine. The wolf is laying on its side, breathing, but clearly knocked out and growling slightly. You make a good quick scan around your new surroundings and find yourself behind a large metal grate that used to be a laundry chute dock. The grate is unlocked, but you could bar it shut if needed, or use it for partial protection. You also see a thick metal pipe you could use to defend yourself should the wolf wake up...or for whatever is ahead.

On that note...you hear muffled shouting, and a shadow coming around the corner to investigate the sudden clattering your entrance made. The shadow is small, and you recognize it would easily belong to the creature/thing you were chasing earlier.

If you wish to equip yourself for combat, roll initiative to grab the pipe/make plans. Hiding would be difficult, as the only cover is the wolf. A VERY good acrobatics check might get you hidden back up the chute for a few seconds, but the dusty smooth chute is too slippery to stay there for more than a few seconds.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:30 pm
Moderator of Pain!

Meier motions for Ross to stand back. Grabbing the doorknob Meier pulls opens the door towards himself wth one quick motion and gesturing to Ross to head in.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:04 pm
Cherub

Sarah grabs the pipe beside her, trying to find a comfortable way to wield it in one hand as she starts to move forward after the gremlin taking off into the pipes. She tries to keep her eyes and ears open for an ambush or another attack as she creeps forward, not making an effort to be particularly quiet so much as careful.

((Init at +2: 19.))

Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:41 pm
Chibi-Czar

Ross nods, backs up, and then charges into the room, ready to swing at the first non-victim he sees.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:09 am
WAR SysOp

Sarah, you act first. Situation:

Metal grate right in front of you providing light cover. The pipe you have has a reach of 10 feet. The little monster you see rounds the corner and is surprised to see you, caught off guard, but it will take you your 1 surprise action to open the grate and get to him. He is clearly hostile, and is reaching for his weapon while taking a step towards you. You're confident you could get the first shot, however. It has a metal club in its hands, and while it is very small, it looks extremly muscle-bound and powerful.

Meier and Ross, roll Initiative. Because you are aware of the dangers on the other side of the door, there's no surprise round as you kick it open and see the little man standing there with a huge metal beam in its hands.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:21 am
Chibi-Czar

((OOC; is he wielding as a weapon? If so, does it count as a "beam sword?"

Ugh, init 9.))

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:14 pm
Moderator of Pain!

(OOC Init roll of 15, not great but not bad either)

Remembering that he didn't bring his bokken with him, Meier clenches his fist and prepares to fight wee man.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:41 pm
Cherub

Sarah hefts the pipe and waits for the burly little man to approach the grate, rather than trying to open it herself and risk getting clobbered on the head as she comes through.

((Delay))

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:13 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next