It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 [disbanded]RPG - The Last Chinook 
Chibi-Czar

Post Re: RPG - The Last Chinook
"Hey wait a second!" Izzy yelled at the woman, rushing to catch up to her.

As shes running after the woman, Izzy pulls her butterfly knife from it hidden sheath on her back, and carry it, folded in her right hand. (slight of hand (11= ability mod (1)+ rank (8)+ Misc mod (2) + d20 (11)= 22)

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:44 pm
Moderator of Pain!

(OOC Listen of 6, Search of 14)

Meier steps in, turning on the flashlight.

"Hello, is anyone in here, are you alright??!?" Meier calls out into the shelter.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:01 am
Cherub

"Lay hui say la!" Sarah chases after the little gremlin, cursing a blue streak in Cantonese and grumbling at her empty stomach. At this rate she's going to be late for her meeting, and who would believe her if she told them that some kind of weird creature stole her food? Shaking her head, she tears down the aisles between the tents, looking around for her target - and her lunch.

(Spot checks at +9: 27, 12)

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:37 am
WAR SysOp

Sarah and Izzy: You both are running now, indirectly after the same target. Sarah, you vaugely notice the girl you stopped briefly to talk to following you (and completely innocent and unarmed... hehe), but she looks more curious than angry or rushed. You lose sight of the gremlin thing, however, just as you begin to worry you've lost the trail, you see a door open and slam shut on its own across the sidewalk. Looks to be a utilities access room at the end of the building. You slow down, stomach growing at its missing lunch, and make to open the door.

It is locked.

Izzy, you arrive just as Sarah tries the door again, but finds it just as locked.

Meier: You hear no response as you decend into the darkness but can continue to hear the distant crying. The sound is haunting and strange. It takes you a few minutes to search through the room but you see nothing. All of a sudden, the crying gets louder, and you hear a chorus of at least 3 young voices cry out: No! No! Go away! Leave us alone!

The entire party can roll another listen check.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:28 am
Chibi-Czar

(OOC: Sorry, was at CCEE this weekend)

Ross follows Meier carefully. (listen 16, search 17, second listen check 7) At the sound of the young voices, Ross starts running, possibly shoving Meier aside in his haste to get to the kids.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:50 am
Moderator of Pain!

(OOC second listen check of 16)

"Hey! what the.." As Meier is shoved to the side by the now rushing big guy. "You have no idea what you're running into! Stop!!"

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:14 am
Chibi-Czar

Izzy skids to a stop behind the woman, peering at the door. "What the hell is going on?!" She watches the woman try to open the door, "Umm, I believe its locked, you tried knocking?"

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:05 pm
Cherub

With an exasperated sigh Sarah backs away from the door, shaking her head in frustration. "Ding lei go fai..." She turns to Izzy, brushing a stray lock of hair away from her face. "Little bastard stole my lunch, and I'm nearly late for a meeting up here... Looks like it's going to be a crazy day already." She smiles sheepishly at Izzy and half-heartedly takes a look around for another entrance into the building that the gremlin (and her lunch) just escaped into, but she knows she probably doesn't have enough time before her meeting to actually chase the thing down.

(Listen at +9: 18)

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:44 pm
WAR SysOp

Sarah: As you end your frustrated rant, you hear a scream from within the building. A number of terrified screams, actually. The young woman next to you doesn't seem to hear as she's a few feet from the door.

Ross: You hear the scream clearly due to your practised ear. Between you and Meier's search check, you find the source of the screaming: A long metal pipe leading underground. It appears to be used for drainage, though, and is far too small for either of you to fit through. The sounds are echoing through the pipe.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:58 pm
Chibi-Czar

Ross looks frantically for a way down.

Thu May 01, 2008 2:12 pm
WAR SysOp

The pipe goes down only a brief distance, and you can see it bend at a right angle, leading away from the storm shelter and through the earth under the ground.

Tactics roll by Meier, or Intelegence Roll by Ross will assist.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu May 01, 2008 2:44 pm
Moderator of Pain!

(OOC tactics roll of 16 + 6 = 22)

Meier begins looking for another way to descend and help the child.

Thu May 01, 2008 4:30 pm
WAR SysOp

After realizing what you're hearing is only an echo from another location, you whip out the campus map and estimate that the pipe leads to another building, one you hadn't checked yet.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu May 01, 2008 4:45 pm
Moderator of Pain!

Checking the map, Meier says to Ross "Oy, the cryings coming from the next building. Let's get going."

Thu May 01, 2008 5:43 pm
Cherub

Sarah starts a little at the terrified screams, the sound far too familiar after months of working in a hospital. She tries to twist the knob one more time, but sadly, the door is still locked. She looks to Izzy. "There's somebody inside there, and it sounds like they're hurt. Do you know if there's another way into the building?" Upon getting Izzy's response she sets off in the most likely direction.

Fri May 02, 2008 6:04 am
WAR SysOp

Meier and Ross: You rush up the stairs and easily orient yourself towards the other building. You also see two young women at the door, trying to open it frantically, aparently also hearing something from within.

Izzy: There is a window a few feet above the ground near the door, but it may require some acrobatic checks to get up and through. You don't see another door, but can spend some time searching if you want.

Trying to break the door: Strength check
Trying to unlock the door: Disable Device check (trained ONLY)
Looking for another way in: Search Check
Trying to get to the window: Strength Check + Acrobatics or Dex Check

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Fri May 02, 2008 9:07 am
Moderator of Pain!

Meier makes his way towards the women at the door. "Pardon me, but what are both of you doing here?" Seeing that both are trying to open the door, Meier pulls out the key he was given and tries the lock.

Fri May 02, 2008 9:48 am
Chibi-Czar

Izzy looked at the guy, who seemed very, cop-like... "Well she ran up to me saying some... thing stole her lunch, and then she started running this way, so I followed, and now the door is locked and we cant get in..."

She looked impatiently at the guy and then back at the other woman... "Well? You gunna help us or not?" She crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot at him.

Fri May 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Moderator of Pain!

"Well, I have a key that can unlock most of the doors on campus and I've been sent out to find a group of missing kids from the festival." Meier explains. "Now please move aside so I can get to the door."

Sat May 03, 2008 12:55 am
Chibi-Czar

Ross carefully but firmly clears the girls out of the way so Meier can access the door easily. And then he glares at the door, cracking his knuckles, until it opens.

Sat May 03, 2008 7:23 pm
WAR SysOp

Everyone stands back as Meier tries the door. The key turns easily, though there is a sound behind the door that escapes through the key hole. Everyone can roll Listen. The door is now unlocked. As Meier tries to pull it open, however, there is a strange, elastic-like pull that slams it shut before it gets more than an inch open.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Mon May 05, 2008 7:47 am
Moderator of Pain!

(OOC Listen check of 15)

Meier looking a little shocked by the noise tries the door again.

(OOC Strength check of 16 to open the door)

Mon May 05, 2008 8:13 am
Chibi-Czar

Ross moves up and helps Meier haul on the door.
(Listen check of 9, STR check of 15 to assist)

Mon May 05, 2008 10:55 am
WAR SysOp

Meier, you hear plainly a grunt, followed by continued resistance. With the help of Ross, however, the door slowly gives way until you all hear a muffled cry, and the door suddenly opens freely, nearly smacking into the wall. As you all look inside, Ross and Meier, you both see a shadow skipping off down the hall, turn a corner, and disapear. Sarah & Izzy, while you are both looking past a lot of darkness and gloom within, you both see the little creature you were chasing earlier. The air is cold...strange as these unused buildings usually get stifiling hot in the summer with nobody using the ventilation and no movement to stirr up the air. While it's not freezing, each of you feel goosebumps on your limbs start to form.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Mon May 05, 2008 2:35 pm
Chibi-Czar

((OCC: Sorry about the long wait on my posting... packing and moving stuff to three places is harder than I thought...))

Izzy looks through the door, pocket knife still in hand (concealed). "Umm... who's going in first? Anyone got a flashlight or flare?" She rubs her arm without thinking cause of the goosebumps.

Mon May 05, 2008 11:35 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next