It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 am

The Funniest Ways for PCs to die/Most embarassing RPG moment 
The BURNiNATOR!

Location: Main Engineering station of the IPS XionII (hawiian shirt time!)
My character vs a giant rat wearing sunglasses in a tournament...I'm not too sure how this came about, to be honest, but needless to say---I was the highest leveled character in the campaign, and had some fairly decent abilities...

But I kept rolling 1s, and the rat kept rolling 20s. *shakes fist at sky*

Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:03 am
Chibi-Czar

Well, probably the funniest death I've ever seen was in a GURPS campaign I played in.

My character was 'El Gringo' the whitest Mexican you've ever seen, who wears a poncho and carries a really nasty shotgun.

The setting is sort of like a cross between Fallout and FLCL....

So anyway, he got eaten by his giant riding lizard in the middle of a mob of midgets in M1A1 tanks who were rioting in the middle of the city.

...should've fed Fluffy before we went for a ride....

(sighs)

Cthulthu Construction Corporation and Ry'leh Real Estate:
Bringing Non-Euclidian Geometry to a Suburb Near You!

Sybil of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Board Member of Evil Conservative Industries

Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:56 pm
Doom Lobster

Location: That's Classified and You don't have the clearance.
Dumbest Death? okay a MErp, Lotsa fun and we have a Character who's really strong, it Goes Father of the Gods, the War God, The Smith God, and the Micheal, then the rest of the gods. Anyways Micheal rips a sentinent Oak tree from the ground, all of it and throughs it up into the air, only to have the thing come back down from about 500 feet and squash him.

Most Deaths for a PC, me! Damn, I deliberatly kill my characters off! In the most annoying ways possible.

Sat May 08, 2004 10:27 pm
Funniest death has to be death by monkey. No one had written a story, so my fighter and my friends wizard were on a road. And then a monkey showed up. So i shot it. Then a bout 6 thousand other monkeys showed up. I knocked myself down with my spear, and had my eyes eaten out by monkeys.
This was after my "friend" shot me with a magic missile to appease the monkeys. It wouldnt have bothered me if it hadnt worked. :x

Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:59 am
Chibi-Czar

I was in a Mobile SUit Gundam RPG, and my mecha had its head cut off, its legs wepot from out under it, and a beam sabre driven intp the chest, killing me.

All because I was sick with flu, and hadn't posted. lol

I later got back at the guy, by setting off an improvised nuke in another campaign, thus killing him. He and I are now good friends though. ^_^

Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:29 pm
Cheerful Groupie

In D&D 3e, I had this awesome L18 monk. Using rules from as many books as I could lay my hands on (which was all of them), I specialized him in Jump-kicking - gave him Sandals of the Tiger Leap, Power Lunge, Mantis Kick, Flying Leap, and a couple other magic items to help his jump skill, strength, and base damage bonuses, his unarmed attacks counted as +5 for damage reduction (Amulet of Mighty Fists +5). On a normal, charging, jump attack (ie, jump kick), he'd deal 3d20+80 or so damage.

For some reason, we decided to go and fight a red dragon. Being an 18th level monk, he was fast. He had much bigger movement than his armor-laden companions - it was his downfall. From 150 ft away, he jump-kicked the dragon for a whopping 124 damage not realizing the other party members weren't going to be there very fast. The dragon, who was in no real danger of dying from that single attack, grappled my monk, ate him, and digested him.

NOTE TO PROSPECTIVE MONKS: Keep around a slashing weapon of at least a +3 enhancement bonus for just such an occasion. My monk might have lived if he had one. ;_;

Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:05 pm
Chibi

The damn DM with a monty python fetish
DM: "AS you clear the hill you see a small rabit..."
Party Members: Shessh! Not again! And we're all out of Holy Hand Grenades..... :evil:
Damn I hated that campain... stupid killer DMs....

Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:43 pm
Chibi-Czar

Uh...aren't holy hand grenades property of the Worms franchise? ^_^

Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:46 am
Cheerful Groupie

No, they stole it from a very old Monty Python movie - Monty Python and the Holy Grail (sometimes called Monty Python and the Search/Quest for the Holy Grail).

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:43 am
Chibi-Czar

whilst not really a death, or even embarassing it was quite funny.

From a Call of Cthulhlu Campagin I'm keeping...

Shal: Can I kick Xavier in the nuts?
Me: Go for it, I won't stop you. Pass the dice.
Xav: Oh, this is going to hurt.
Shal: *Rolls*
Shal Graeme and Aaron: Laughs
Xav: wha-what happened?
Me: Xavier, change you characters sex to female. It was a critical.
Xav: What!?!
Me: Nah, I jest. take 3 damage and lie on the ground wimpering in a squeaky voice until I tell you otherwise.
Shal: hey Chris, do you still have those frozen peas?

Information and knowledge: two currencies that have never gone out of style
-- Neil Gaiman, American Gods

Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:55 am
Chibi-Czar

ahh, i remember those frozen peas *flashback*

SCENE: haunted island. thick fog obscures everything. 6 strangers stand in a convenience store arguing with the clerk.

Police Officer: "Damnit man! give me your shotgun!"
Clerk: "no! not my betty! no-one uses her!"
Police Officer: "Come on man, its for our survival."
Missionary (me! hehe): "Oh bugger this..wheres something heavy...frozen peas? it'll do."
Clerk: "No! Nonononononon-"*THUD*
Clerk's eyes glaze over and he falls forward. the missionary stands behidn him with a bag of frozen peas and an innocent look on his face

*unflashback*
i rolled a critical hit :D

you guys got any awesome one liners your players/you have managed? i had one guy who was playing an evil cleric. he had been discovered by the city gaurd (who happened to be paladins of Pelor) and he was fighting his way upstairs in some randoms house. the Paladin lunges forwards and impales the cleric on his sword (critical hit for 30 damage, bringing the cleric to -5 or so). as the Cleric slides down the blade, very shocked, the paladin growls. "May Pelor have mercy on your soul."
The Cleric smiles, spits blood on the paladin and replies "and may Ner'zhul take yours", before passing out from the pain.

it was a classic :D came form nowhere!

The Incorporated States of Katangara.Downtreading the populace since 2003.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:27 am
Doom Lobster

I've had a few, myself, mostly with "Jiro" (who was my longest running character, ever.)

"Terribly sorry." --Jiro Gensai (TN homebrewed Meiji Samurai; before performing an Iaijutsu strike on a guard.)

"He lied to you? So? I lie to you all the time." --Jiro (adressing Greg-John's character, who accused the PALADIN of lying.)

"Fine. I'll let you arrest me after I finish dinner." --Jiro

"I'm not a thief! I'm a Wealth Redistribution Technician!" --Bruce Delapoer (CG Rogue/Cleric of Ollhidhamarra)

"Trust me. I'm a lawyer." --Bruce

"The more you talk, the harder I find it to be a good person." --Tenebrian (Martial Rogue/Favored Soul of Ayailla)

--Cam

Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:41 pm
Chibi-Czar

Location: The Frozen North of the Upper Peninnsula of Michigan
A couple of friends and I were playing an improvised Big Eyes, Small Mouth campaign a while back that had its moments. I was playing a girl who upon arrival in the campaign setting was cursed to be a catgirl. My roommate was the world's biggest pervert, and had a hardsuit that played 'force feedback' hentai games. And my friend was an ubergamer with sniping skills aquired in Quake, and the ability to manipulate electricity.

To get the electrokinesis, however, we needed a plot device. So, as the three of us are playing a game on our new NinSonySoft GameStationX, there's a massive power surge and it fries him. Being the stupid but impulsive girl, I reach out to poke him and burn myself for 6 points of damage. Perv boy drops the smoking body in the bathtub and we turn on the cold water to keep the electrokinetic from burning to death. Then, we go to sleep.

In the morning, the poor bastard has cooled off, but the water was running all night. He had to flip a coin to see if he drowned, and he failed.

Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:35 am
Chibi-Czar

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=110

Heheheheh.

"Rat-flail!"

Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:01 am
Chibi-Czar

Hey, I have another good story.
This one time, I shot at some punk kid with kendo armour.
(strond sad voice)
And then he hit me over and over again, and then I threw up my own kidneys, and then I died.

Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:11 am