It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 pm

Tattoos by Hooze 
Doom Lobster

Post Tattoos by Hooze
Fiss was telling me that a few peeps have been inquiring about how to go about getting me to cause mild trauma to their skin and puting ink in it. I'm hoping to get an online portfolio up soon, but until then, if anyone has inquiries, post 'em here.

To set up appointments, you can call me at URGE 2 TATTOOS in EDMONTON @ (780) 424-1084. The best way to get started, however, is to discuss art with me before booking an actual session.

There! That's all! I shut up now! :mrgreen:

~Darren Bolz

Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:16 am
Chibi-Czar

I... want two tattoos. I've discussed 'em with you before, but timing never worked out. So here's the basic details, and assuming I get an acceptance letter in about a month from JET, I'll be popping by in June to get inked.

1) On left shoulder, a cross. I'm trying to hunt down a good example- will probably find something at the library today. I'm hoping for something fairly ornate, but I'm not sure what the limits of tattoos are.

2) On right shoulder, in properly gothic font, five lines of text. Here's the basic idea.

EDIT:
PP: Hooze! check it out!
http://www.overduemedia.com/archive.aspx?strip=20030705
"Blue book" joke!

Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:33 am
Doom Lobster

*shudders* That comic link sent me into horrid bookstore employee flashbacks...you bastard! That was a magnificent blow! I salute you! (with one finger)

Coolness. I'm diggin' yer tattoo ideas. Depending on how large you want the script, it may have to be simplified slightly so it doesn't look like ass over time. As far as an ornate cross goes, you can get fairly detailed, once again, if you're willing to get something large enough to accomidate the detail. If you find any pictures, just post em, and I can work with the reference to doodle up something origional for ya.

Oh, and nice to hear from you again! :D

~Darren Bolz

Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:09 pm
Chibi-Czar

Some of the letters I'm thinking of. "IHS" or "IHC" and it's derivatives are a latin abbreviation of the greek for the name "Jesus." They're frequently confused, but they have real meaning and can get ornate. Their advantage in tattoos is that they take up less space than the full form. INRI is the latin acronym for "Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudaeorum" (Jesus of Nazareth, king of the Jews), the sign of accusation posted over Christ on the cross.

An example of a greek (square) cross with the IC XC NIKA. IC IX NIKA is used on other crosses, but usually in this form; separated into these specific quadrants. IC is the latin abbreviation for the greek of Jesus ("IHCOYC" in latin letters), XC for Christ ("XPICTOC" in latin letters), and NIKA is latin letters for the greek for "conquers." It's a reference to victory over death.

The dimensions of a latin cross. You don't put the lines in there, but it's drawn with the width of lines and length of arms as if it were made of squares- 8 down, 5 across, intersecting at the 3rd square.

So, that's the technical information. Artistically, I was at first thinking of irish patterns, since I actually have some irish and scot blood and wouldn't be a wanker poser for doing it. However, since every asshat and his ass-dog is getting tribal shit done everywhere, I'm thinking of distancing myself from it. If you can manage something like, say... this with black ink, maybe I'd go for it. Otherwise, I dunno. Maybe just solid, flat black? Or, I dunno, experiment with patterns or something.

Here's a sample of what I'm looking for for the script on the right shoulder. You'd have... well, the whole outside of the shoulder to work on. If you can find or manage any script more ornate, crabbed, and gothic, and maintain a good look over time, I'll take it. The specific text is of course very important, and I'll get you a more definite set later.

*phew*
yes! Delightful to contact you again as well!

Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:25 pm
Moderator of Pain!

if it were anyone but Toze i'd remind you that being stabbed with needles is PAINFUL. i mean, you're talking about a BIG piece. but since it's you, the man with no pain threshold, i say this:
Rock on. they look mucho cool.

http://spiketheslayer.livejournal.com/

Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:29 am
Chibi-Czar

And yeah, that particular element of the experiece has occured to me, but thanks for the warning.

I mean, I figger, if DUCK can handle it, I can get all I like.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:08 am
Moderator of Pain!

that and you have that infection or whatever that you mentioned a few times. "once youve felt that, you know true pain" or something. so yeah.

as amusing as it'd be for you to be on morphine ;) i wish i'd been there for the crazy.

http://spiketheslayer.livejournal.com/

Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:32 am
Cheerful Groupie

As I'm told, it's not usually very painful unless it's being done on a place where the skin is the only thing between the needle and bone, such as on the spine. Of course, not having had tattoos, myself, I'm not going to test the heresay.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:34 pm
Chibi-Czar

Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:02 pm
Chibi-Czar

I've been toying around with the idea of tattoing my name and Identity Card number onto my bicep or somewhere, so as to help identification. (In case I ever die and my face is a mess, and doesn't look like my IC photo... )

Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:32 am
Chibi-Czar

No, no, don't mind, I'll take care of that myself!

Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:13 am
WAR SysOp

Barcodes are all the rage. I'd want a tatoo on my wrist or something that was the barcode for "100% discount" and swipe it in front of the grocery peoples when they weren't looking. :P

But yeah, an ID tag is good too. I belive Hooze was telling me about some guy going off to Iraq or Afghanistan who got dog-tags tatooed on him "just in case".

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:23 am
Doom Lobster

More than once I've tattooed people's blood-type on their wrists (mostly army dudes going overseas)....not that medically they're supposed to count on the tattoo being the right blood type, but I'm sure it helps narrow it down.

~Darren Bolz

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:07 pm
Doom Lobster

As far as tattoo pain goes, it is true that boney areas are tender (spine, ankles, wrists), but also fleshy areas like, where you'd find that you're ticklish (neck, ribs, stomach, underside of arms) SUCK.

~Darren Bolz

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:15 pm
Chibi-Czar

Hmmm.....

I've been toying around with the idea of tattoing my name and Identity Card number onto my bicep or somewhere, so as to help identification. (In case I ever die and my face is a mess, and doesn't look like my IC photo... )

That should make it real easy to steal your identity.

Christopher Fiss wrote:
Barcodes are all the rage. I'd want a tatoo on my wrist or something that was the barcode for "100% discount" and swipe it in front of the grocery peoples when they weren't looking. :P

I'd go for something like chocolate sauce or keilbasa myself.

"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:33 pm
WAR SysOp

Or, if you have a thing for check-out ladies, tatoo the barcode for "Wanna go out with me?" to show up on the screen. <chuckles>

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:46 am
Chibi-Czar

Well, barcodes only have an inventory number. It's the database computer that tells them what it is. So you'll have to limit it to a item that can be purchased in a store.

"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:56 am
Cheerful Groupie

Then just find the bar code for a bottle of Sex on the Beach or Hot Sex.

Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:43 pm
Doom Lobster

......Please. Please, I beg you....don't get barcodes......overdone....especially if they say "made in Canada" below them..... :cry:

~Darren Bolz

Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:42 pm
WAR SysOp

I assume the straight lines are a bitch. :shock:

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:57 pm
Moderator of Pain!

Meh, I'm still going to Hooze to get the "Tree of Life" done on my back and the wolf's head done on my right shoulder. And maybe the ouroboros from FMA on my left shoulder.

Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:28 pm
Chibi-Czar

I am planning, IF the tats on the shoulders work out, to go for something quite ornate on my back. Like one of those medieval things. Big image of... not sure. Creation or the fall or Christ on the cross- or maybe something less well-known, like Pentecost or the Ascension... OOOH! Or maybe a scene from Revelation. Yeah! Bowls and trumpets and scrolls, done in medieval style. If I drop this weight it could go into a belly band all the way around, the elect and the damned, with an image of heaven on the left and hell on the right!

Well, now I have a good idea for later. IF I like tats, I will get more. Yay.
I will pay for Hooze's rent for a while. :P

Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:35 pm
Doom Lobster

~Darren Bolz

Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:15 pm