It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 am

Creative Writers Besook 
Chibi-Czar

Post Creative Writers Besook
Yo all!

Decebalus and I have been working on and off (mainly off) for a while now on an RPG system that will be easy to use, and fun to play. we have, however, hit a hitch in the creation. while all the technical details are working ok, the universe lacks fluff (having only a one page intro i wrote off the top of my head, which sucks imnsho).

so i was wondering if anyone who has some free time would like to participate in the population and creation of a futuristic, galaxy-sized, RP universe by writing up some random pieces of fluff.

if you'r interested, drop me a line at:

Hairylee(AT)incanberra(DOT)com(DOT)au

ta ^^

The Incorporated States of Katangara.Downtreading the populace since 2003.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:15 am
Chibi-Czar

Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:12 pm
Moderator of Pain!

give me the background and i'll see what my muse says.

http://spiketheslayer.livejournal.com/

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:30 am
Chibi-Czar

give me the background and i'll see what my muse says.

background sent to the email addy in your profile.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:52 am
Knight

If you still need people, I could take a look at the background information and see what I can do.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:08 am
Ni - Master

If there are still positions available, I'll take a look at the BG information and help out as best I can.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:39 am
WAR SysOp

Sure. Why not. I've got my brainmeats in gear to do some writing. :P Send me the backgrounds.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:42 am
Chibi-Czar

Okay, got it, just downloaded. As I said, No promises about the product :wink:

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:07 am
Chibi-Czar

Rev: i need an email addy so i can send you over the info.

Fiss and Ultranos: email away! you've got all the documentation in your inbox now-ish (depending on how long it takes to send. instant mail my rear.)

Doyle: hey man, like i said. as long as its not "see spot run, run spot run" i'll use it gladly :D
(although now i almost expect someone to send that as a joke..im on to you folks >>
<<)

I've gotten on or two pieces now. i'll wait till i've got 10 or so and host them up somewhere in a single *.txt document. that way you can all see what everyone else is doing and streamline the univers together.

oh, and nothing is too mundane to be written about ^^

thanks a lot guys :D

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:08 pm
Chibi-Czar

"this is gold leader to delta base, see spot run." "acknowledged gold leader, run spot run. repeat: RUN SPOT RUN!" "this is gold leader, you hear them, engines to maximum, lets get the hell outta here!"

Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:26 pm
Chibi-Czar

let me just say, as an aid in this things initial creation, not every thing of ours will make total sense, and feel free to make it make sense, if that means changing something, feel free, if it means adding something else, go for it. That's why we've thrown it out to you guys, to get some second opinions and additional ideas.

Information and knowledge: two currencies that have never gone out of style
-- Neil Gaiman, American Gods

Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:50 am
Moderator of Pain!

i vote we make everything the fault of miniature giant space hamsters. i havent read any of it yet, but it just feels right.

http://spiketheslayer.livejournal.com/

Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:58 am
Chibi-Czar

we can't blame miniature giant space hamsters! why, Honoured Minsc assosciates with them! they -must- be the good guys!

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:10 am
Chibi-Czar

i vote we make everything the fault of miniature giant space hamsters. i havent read any of it yet, but it just feels right.
I just skimmed through it, and the funny thing is, evil giant space hamsters could almost work "...Galleans physically manifest as quadrupeds, averaging about three meters in length, and a meter-and-a-half at the shoulder, covered in fluffy brown, blond, and white fur..." :P

Well, back to it... Not sure if it's what you're after, but I have a notion for some filler material - a couple of sidebar vignettes about the different species. For instance, an exceptional Idish guy from Macon working his way through Georgia Tech by hustling pool in the bars around Atlanta. Tagline: "Well, suh, Ah'm compelled to admit that nine times out of ten, yo'd be right - most of us are dumb knuckle-draggahs. <chalks up> Five-nine, five in the side, nine in the far cornah...<lines up the cue> On the othah hand... <CRACK!, crack-klunk, klunk> ...theah's always that tenth time... and Ah do believe that's one hundred creds y'all owe me..." Unfortunately, it hasn't quite gelled yet....

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:16 am
Chibi-Czar

sounds like it would work quite awesomely actually. a good slice of life ^^

oh, and its "Shyp", not creds ;) :D

[EDIT]

i just had an interesting thought. if your looking to have recurring characters over several stories, why not generate them using the rules and sheets attached? that way i can get some feedback on the character generation methods, and you get to keep your very own fleshy character (which sounds pretty bad. and implies you wouldnt be able to, as well. thats wrong.)

oh, another thought, you dont have to write novellas if you dont want to. any length from a paragraph up will be happily accepted ^^

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:40 am
Chibi-Czar

i've sent you the makaar stats. on a note. the makaar, being isolated from the newer races do not use Shyp. they use something called aoles.

conversion rate: 3 Shyp = 1 aole.

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:56 am
Chibi-Czar

i've done a bit of tweaking to the rules and added an Appendix for Gamemasters.
the appendix currently only includes the Makaar race and some of their details.
The Makaar will be an optional race, usable at GM's discretion due to their isolation from the worlds of the UNHR.

The Makaar are brought to you by Nichael Kaeken.
i look forward to getting stuff of the rest of you. ooh, i feel like a kid in a candy store :D

Makaar
The Makaar are an ancient race that once spanned the galaxy. When the
Galleans came, the Makaar recognized the threat they posed and
withdrew their exploration to encircle just over 50 systems close to
their homeworld.
They rarely leave their home systems, and have thus far remained undiscovered by the Human Races.
The Makaar use their own currency, having not entered into the UNHR. Their currency, the Aole roughly converts at 3 Shyp -> 1 Aole.

Makaar Attributes:
Str:11 Con: 11 Int: 13 Agi: 14 Guts: 10 App: 14
Per: 11

The Makaar are slightly more intelligent than humans due to
a telepathic information web that they all can access at will, unfortunately this
constant flow of information often distracts them from the real world (think of having a TV in your head constantly, and you?ll get the idea). The
Makaar are very agile and very beautiful. When they battle, it is an
exercise in control and precision. They believe that power has no use if you cannot control it. Similarly, the Makaar make minimal use of their advanced technology, preferring to stay at a tech level that keeps them comfortable.
Only in wartime do the Makaar use the full extent of their tech. Makaar
Chaos rifles are highly prized for their momentum redirection ability.

New Equipment

Makaar Chaos Rifle

Weapon Type: Rifle
Damage Type: N/A
Range: Point blank ? 1000m
Ammunition Type: Chaos Cells
Attacks at once: 1
Clip Size: 40 Discharges
Damage: 1d10 (+1d6 per Discharge used past the first)
Cost: 2000 Aole

The Makaar Chaos Rifle is a piece of Engineering genius. It uses the harnessed energies of Chaos itself to redirect the momentum of it?s target, able to cause catastrophic bone and organ failure depending on how quick it?s target is moving.
The Rifle can be charged, adding to the power of the shot. Each round spent charging and doing nothing else adds an extra D6 of damage if the shot hits.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:16 pm
Chibi-Czar

Merkao lancer tournaments

These turnaments are held once every 3 months on a random frontier world.

hmm. battle between combatants. lowgravity environs. weapons consist of the discuss, the stunblade, and the lash. defenses consist of: short shield, full reflector, gravitic inducer, repulser blaster, and the daman energy web.

nearly all weapons are energy constructs maintainable only within the sphere. battle is similar to tron, including lighting. 25 hits to win, sphere has several holes. these holse use dimension shift technology ( left over from the Antarens) each hole wraps to a hole opposite it.

no title is granted from victory, rather the winner recieves a ship (size class depends on the number of people in tournaments) designed to their specifications. the tournament is designed to attract young people to the frontier on the hopes that they will establish a presence there. this also encourages big buisness to head out there, as it will be where all these young, starshippers will be. if a participant wins 10 tournaments, they recieve a Merkao lance. (an energy blade based on information retrieved from an Antaren data core. the original device was only recently discovered and is currently in the dalton class history ship museum.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:18 pm
Chibi-Czar

ooh, this is good. keep it coming, you cna invent the entire social structure of the race for me too :D

Edit: oops, i assume the Merkao tournaments are a Makaar thing?

Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:20 pm
Chibi-Czar

yes, however deepcover makaar agents are slowly setting up tournaments on the human frontline.

heh, here's a legend. put it somewhere.

Born of Ash, the Desecrator.
Born of Hope, the protector.
Born of Despair, the Destroyer.

All different, all the same.
Ever facet, every soul.
reality is one, and many.

chaos, order
hope, despair
love, hatred
light, darkness
purity, corruption
point, counterpoint
life, death
justice, suffering
emotion, apathy
Alpha, Omega
Genesis, Ragnarok

these are the keys of our worlds.
yet something else, something beyond threatens us.

something not of this reality...
something all too close to us.

the galleans stood against it once, and fell...

even korrinstar was powerless.

the end cometh...

and yet, there is still a spark, burning in the endless wastes.
RAGNAROK.
the chance to begin again, or even...
the chance to halt the enemy of all things...

ENTROPY.

*stuff in caps are uber gods.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:37 pm
Chibi-Czar

heh, minor update that flahsed into my minds.... err.... my mind

in an effort to conserve water on long interplanetary voyages, the Institute for Galactic Hygeine sought to develope a new type of shower. first they began with the lydar shower in which the showeree would be coated by a thin layer of goo and a lazer would incincerat all the dirt. it worked in that it incerated, and that the skin remained intact, the internal organs however were another mater. or goo as the case was. then the IGH moved on to something a little simpler:the gravity shower.

Using cascading streams of minute gravitic differential, the gravity shower or GS as it became lifted the dirt off of the showeree. this was their first major success, as it took minimal power and required only a pair of gravity plates. however, the IGH was not satisfied with this device and attempted something else. the sonic shower. though early prototypes failed and caused destructive resonance withing the showeree, later models proved effective. there was however a catch. the sonic shower has an accumulating effect. it's resonating causes human and close-human bone structure to lose mass, and also the constant presence on hypersonic waves causes the brain to develope a method to detect these.

though the lost bone mass can be replaced, it sets the body in a dangerous pattern, and if the showeree goes for too long without the shower, they're bone desity increases greatly. though this increases their strength somewhat, the skullcap presses on the brain which can lead to hemmoraging or even death. the moral: don't use the sonic shower.

Last edited by Kerrus on Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:45 pm
Chibi-Czar

"In space...no-one can hear you shower"

Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:43 pm
Chibi-Czar

the IGH Battleship I.G.H. Sterile. this 700,000 tone battleship was lost in the derrick theta 3 badlands over 100 years ago. since that time the vessel has been spotted in every corner or known, and unknown space, by pirates and navy alike. whenever the ship is spotted, the witnesses have seen a great following of flickering red/white things. these things, flicker in, then out, of phase with our world. the ship is missing over 30 decks, which previously held the great reactor. now it holds only darkness. the only thing consisten with each sighting, other than the red, are the hulks of vessels that have drifted too close to its awesome mass. the makaar have seen this vessel but once, however that one time imprinted it in their memories forever. it was in the Dregas Karth system. the worls of this system were primordial, full of life to be. and in the process of being devoured by korrinstarr. a makaar recon group, consisting of 2 scouts and a small hyperjump carrier were witness to this, and they had witnessed ever sytem devoured by Korrinstarr. this time was different though. out of the sytems great oort cloud came the Sterile. though the makaar had not yet encountered the Humans, they knew this vessel... or rather, they knew what inhabited it. something vast and cruel... something... from outside. the vessel swept into the interrior of the system, drawing with it the hulks of the dead. and as it came, the red/white grew stronger, more coherent. Korrinstarr moved, faster than that great superdense mass should have been able to. it moved towards it, and then away. korrinstarr drew out of the sytem with the haste of a makaar shockDrake. the beast dwelling withing the Sterile remained insytem, and finished Korrinstarrs work.

Korrinstarr turned away from it.

Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:40 am
Chibi-Czar

er..i mean...

quick Q. Whats the IGH stand for?

Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:27 am
Chibi-Czar

Institue of Galactic Hygine. they're a rpg dated microsoft.

Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:27 am