It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 am

Hogwart's Year I: The Artificier's Tomb 
Chibi-Czar

Post Hogwart's Year I: The Artificier's Tomb
HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Student,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall,
Deputy Headmistress

We'll begin as soon as I get everyone's character sheets.

"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:49 am
Chibi-Czar

The Hogwarts Express puffs around the bend, coming to a stop in front of platform 9 3/4. One young lad is standing alone on the platform, another with his parents. They appear to be the first there as the red steam engine comes to a rest and opens the doors to it's carraiges.

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:51 pm
Chibi-Czar

Nicharakus looked around watching as the train pulled into the station. Wizarding families of various assortment begin emerging from the barrier. Nicharakus smiled slightly as the train pulled up. he turned towards the barrier and watched as various families began emerging. gathering his trunk, Nicharakus began walking towards the traincars. As he approached, he noticed another boy standing with his parents near traincar. as he walked over to the entry, he smiled at the boy slightly, then boarded the train.
"here goes nothing, he muttered, then took his trunk to the luggage compartment. finding a compartment nearbye, he sat down, and began reading the copy of the Daily Prophet that sat on the seat.

(ooc: I hope this' alright. I may start refering to him as Nick, seeming how his full name is a bit unwieldy)

Last edited by Kerrus on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:38 pm
Chibi-Czar

As Nick was settling in, another boy, with light chocolate skin, entered the cabin, flicked his gaze over the interior, and moved silently to a seat opposite Nick's. A large and very finely made suitcase, which he shoved (with some difficulty) into the overhead compartment, matched his very fine silk-and-velvet robes. His luggage stored, the other boy sat, ramrod-straight, in his seat, looking out the window with hooded eyes. He held a small, previously-opened package, which rested on his lap beneath unmoving hands, and seemed intent on ignoring Nick entirely.

<OOC: ARGH! Dark red is the hardest text colour to read on this entire frelling board. Please change it!>

Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:14 am
Chibi-Czar

((OOC: changed, sorry, I originally had it darkblue and that was harder to read.)

Nick looked at the newcomer, eyes sweeping over his expensive looking robes, and expensive looking suitcase, and over his ramrod posture, and hooded expression. "Hey, are you okay?" he asks, watching for any change of expression.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:25 am
Chibi-Czar

The darker child glances at Nick, holds the look for an instant, and says in a cool tone "I'm fine, thank you." With that, he turns back to staring out the window.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:31 pm
Chibi-Czar

"greeaat...." Nick replies boredly. he sighs, then sets down the prophet. as the scenery passes. turning slightly, he braces himself against the windowside and the back of his seat, then pulls out a worn book and begins reading. 30 minutes later or so, his attempts to pass the time fail. pocketing the book, he glances at the darker childe. "perhaps we got off on a poor start. I am Nicharakus Damocles Falchion.... the Third. And i am pleased to meet you."

((ooc: well, this is off to a roaring start. hopefully the others will join up soon. sorry if N comes accross as a bit pokey, but he's ansey about meeting other 'wizarding' children.)

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:04 pm
Chibi-Czar

Without taking his eyes from the window, the darker child responds in absent deadpan. "Thomas Llewellyn. The first. Charmed, I'm sure."

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:28 pm
Chibi-Czar

More students begin to trickle in as time progresses. With the arrival of the Knight Bus, bringing the bulk of wizarding-family students, students begin coming through the barrier every few seconds.

A new student enters your compartment. She is tall and so beautiful if hurts to look directly at her. Her skin is the colour of fresh cream and her hair is such a pale blonde it looks transluscent in the light. She's wearing muggle clothes, but neither of you have enough experience with muggles to judge their quality, though the colours do clash brilliantly.

She enters pulling her her trunk behind her with a dufflebag slung over her shoulder. She casually flips the trunk onto the luggage rack, and then takes note of her travelling companions.

"I like you," she states, looking at Tom. "You look like a pirate. Pirates are good people."

She begins carefully lining up her finger with Tom's left eye.

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:02 pm
Chibi-Czar

Tom meets her look without expression. Seeing that no response is required of him, he returns to looking out the window.

*roll: 10 vs... I dunno, subterfuge?* ... though he finds himself unable to resist another glace or two when he thinks nobody's looking.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:03 pm
Chibi-Czar

Nick looks between tom, and the new girl. then at the new girl. his brow furls in abstract concentration. " Hello. it's nice to meet you. I'm Nicharakus Falchion."he says

//roll vs history? [ooc]Idk, but he'd likely recognize certain magical traits from his books, of course, then a gain, he is only 11. (veela much?) as i said, idk the system that much,. and Glite's being a pain[/ooc]

Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:34 pm
Chibi-Czar

*roll: 10 vs... I dunno, subterfuge?* ... though he finds himself unable to resist another glace or two when he thinks nobody's looking.

Whether she doesn?t notice or doesn?t care, she doesn?t respond.

The momentary distraction Nick offers is more than enough to send the girl?s train of thought careening off the track. She turns to Nick, completely forgetting her intentions of poking out one of Tom?s eye?s so he?d look more like a pirate.

?What do you want, ninja?? asks the girl with scorn plain on her face.

She turns to Tom,
?See pirates are good people. Mostly former slaves, indentured servants, and impressed sailors. Most ships ran as a democracy, Captain being an office more than a rank. They had a code of honour they kept, and they treated they?re own well.

?Ninjas on the other hand, nothing but scum. They?ll kill anyone they?re told to, even each other. They scoff at honour. No better than a pack of bloody vultures.

?See, me and Jack here, we?re pirates. And we?re gonna build us a boat and sail six of the seven seas.?

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:35 pm
Chibi-Czar

Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:50 pm
Chibi-Czar

"Ninjas.... Scum?"Nick looks a little annoyed at the prospect. *uh, check vs literature and history, for actual ninja info vs the 'portrayed' ninja info* "Merely because someone is willing to sacrifice their own honour to maintain the honour of their lord and clan, does not make them scum. history and literature hold both truth and lies, and often, it falls to the reader to decern the truth " he sighs, then turns away.

((00c: spontaneous info bit. i play prodigeous amounts of l5r and encounter ninja regularly and while some consort with the oni of the shodowlands, most do not./00c))

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:58 pm
Chibi-Czar

((00c: spontaneous info bit. i play prodigeous amounts of l5r and encounter ninja regularly and while some consort with the oni of the shodowlands, most do not./00c))

And that, being a different game and beside the point, still has no effect whatsoever on her beliefs.

The girl snorts derisively at Nick, ?Hah! Just like a ninja to??

Tom?s words seem to sink in belatedly, ?What was that??

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 pm
Chibi-Czar

"My name is Thomas Llewellyn, not Jack." He takes the opportunity to glance at her openly, briefly, and then returns to staring out the window.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:35 pm
Chibi-Czar

((00c: sorry. i'll try to keep my comments down))
"Okay then, since you obviously don;t like me, i'm just going to turn around and try ignore you. you can bother Llewellyn over there if it suits you." Nick sighs, begining to dread what he originially though would be an enjoyable ride.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:07 pm
Chibi-Czar

"You sure about that?" asks the girl, looking quite confused. "You're not pulling my leg, are you?"

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:11 pm
Chibi-Czar

"My hands are in plain view. I'm not pulling anything."

Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:40 pm
Chibi-Czar

The girl looked confused, disoriented, and quite distraught. Then, as if a switch had been thrown, she was suddenly smiling and cheerful again. She reached out and grabbed Tom's nose between her thumb and forefinger. "Nose-beep!"

Ignoring the two boys like they weren't even there, she quickly retrieved her dufflebag and returned to her seat. Upon her opening the bag, the contents are revealed to be what looks like a lifetime's supply of pixie stix.

The girl then performs the stunning feat of eating a dozen pixie stix in just under thrity second. She accomplishes this by eating them four at a time and, apparently, not breathing.

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:03 pm
Chibi-Czar

"huh..." Nick looks on, confusion on his face. then he turns his his head slightly, and get's a thoguhtful look on his face." oh.... that's... oh... he turns back to his corner and tries not to stare at the girl downing pixie sticks.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:32 pm
Chibi-Czar

The girl suddenly stops guzzling sugar, and shoves her hand, nearly into Tom's chest, "Hi! I'm Robin, but everybody calls me 'Hob.' What's your name?"

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:32 pm
Chibi-Czar

"Thomas," grates Tom, not taking her hand, "Llewellyn."

Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:15 pm
Chibi-Czar

"Nice to meet you, Thomas!" Robin exclaims, pronoucing Tom's name in its Spanish form, "To-mas." "You know, you look just like my friend Jack. He's a pirate!"

Without waiting for a reply, Robin turns to Nick and extends her hand, "Hi! I'm Robin, but everyon calls me 'Hob.'"

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:25 pm
Chibi-Czar

"Oh, hi.... Hob, nice to meet you. You can call me Nick if you would like." he replies, head still spinning from her changes in behaviour.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:13 am