It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

Insane Magic The Gathering cards. 
Chibi-Czar

Post Insane Magic The Gathering cards.
I went a little nuts and just plain had fun. Some of these cards are funny, a few of them could work... many out Wanktacular... all were fun to make.

Comments, what do you like? What's just funny? All in good fun.

Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:30 pm
Chibi-Czar

ah. some ones I havent seen before. pretty neato.

Here're some I've been working on for my own set.

ImageImage

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:41 am
Chibi-Czar

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:00 am
WAR SysOp

Uhm, dude, you really should start playing magic before making these cards.

Sailor Saturn does not have the Toughness of a Leviathan. She is a tiny, weak girl with scary powers to destroy the world. At most, she'd be a 3/2, with special abilities to remove all creatures/etc/whatever, and "attacks cannot be dealt" to individual creatures. Fast effects or spells can, but "attacks" are resolved during the attack phase in a normally "defender chooses who blocks" fashion unless forced to do otherwise.

And why is Sailor Pluto a WHITE CREATURE? She's the guardian of Time and the avatar of the planet of the Underworld. Black/Blue. The card creator has a good basic term list as well. You cannot "Sacrifice" an Instant spell, because the Instant disapears after it resolves or is countered anyway.

I understand I'm probably just geeking out, and these are just for fun, but you're making my eyes bleed with how much horrible these cards are. :P

Step 1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_the_ ... #Game_play

Read the basics of gameplay, and what each Color does. Each one has a theme, and should not be chosen arbatrarily unless there is a VERY good reason to give it ballance in all colors. Each special ability, like First Strike is listed here too.

Step 2) http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/

Search for some example cards. A good place to start would be search for all "Creature" cards of 1 color and see what abilities are common, or better yet, missing so you can come up with interesting ideas.

Step 3) ????

Step 4) PROFIT!

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:08 pm
Chibi-Czar

Uhm, dude, you really should start playing magic before making these cards.

Sailor Saturn does not have the Toughness of a Leviathan. She is a tiny, weak girl with scary powers to destroy the world. At most, she'd be a 3/2, with special abilities to remove all creatures/etc/whatever, and "attacks cannot be dealt" to individual creatures.

This insanely overpowerful Spoof Sailor Saturn. If you notice the way I worded things, the card is a total joke.

Quote:
And why is Sailor Pluto a WHITE CREATURE? She's the guardian of Time and the avatar of the planet of the Underworld. Black/Blue. The card creator has a good basic term list as well. You cannot "Sacrifice" an Instant spell, because the Instant disapears after it resolves or is countered anyway.

She's not white, unless they have two marks for white. That symbole is the shift S one.

Quote:
I understand I'm probably just geeking out!

You are.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:26 pm
Chibi-Czar

Quote:
I understand I'm probably just geeking out!

You are.

But he's right. Your cards are dogshit, dude. I'm sorry, but they are. One-mana costs for huge effects, super-powerful everything for five mana- it's not just ridiculous, it's stupid. Fiss is right when he encourages you to play; right now you sound like the MtG equivalent of a DBZ/Naruto fanboy. FFS, you're not even grasping the meaning of "snow-covered mana" when you enter costs.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:06 pm
Chibi-Czar

I did mention in the title the cards were...

>_>
<_<

INSANE... right? They're allowed to be utter bullshit eyebleeders.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:36 am
WAR SysOp

Perhapse...but ++++ Win would be if they actually made sense. ^_^

Otherwise, they could be Anything in Any Context.

The whole point of making insane magic cards is to influence the game in strange and creative ways. I HIGHLY recommend the game. Easy to learn, impossible to master, and cheep if you play with just online cards.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:22 am
Chibi-Czar

Here's a new one, tell me what changes should be made... is the mana cost good for it's power?

You pay fifteen black mana to put one card down that is equal to 8X 6/10s.
And in normal cases, you can't put eight of anything down in one move.
As a propperty of stonehenge from the game, it gets first strike on flying targets, and it MUST attack any flying target in the game first. (So if you have some weak-ass fly creatures, you could implement a decoy strategy putting down strong GROUND units.)

It's a monster card if you can field it.

EDIT: I added something to the card you won't see in the image. "When all counters are removed, leave stonehenge in play."
I figure, with no 'turrets' Stonehenge will be useless... but it is so gigantic that once destroyed, the player doesn't stand a chance of 'rebuilding it'. So it won't go into the graveyard where you could potentially exploit a graveyard recovery card of some kind.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:54 am
WAR SysOp

Getting better. Some options/tweaks I might suggest:

-Objects don't really exist. You have either a Land, Enchantment, Artifact (and various types of that), Creature or Token. Creatures can be pretty much anything but I'm thinking that Stonehenge is more of a massive killer land that can take damage like a creature and attack...so it's your call on if it's a Land/Creature, or even a Legendary Land that also is a Creature...

If you want to keep the Black Casting Cost then that's fine, but then you can't have it an Artifact Creature, which would be much easier.

Here's my revision:

What do you think? Basically, it cuts down some of the cost by making each "firing round" lose 1 turret. However, you don't HAVE to attack with them in that manner, and can use them as an AMAZING blocking defense. So, you can go Major Offense for a few rounds, or keep all your turrets and make people with flying creatures cry.

Also...this gives you the chance to pump it up. Use something like Coat of Arms, and each Turret gets bonuses for EACH OTHER TURRET in play. So if you have 11 turrets out, each one will do 16 DAMAGE when activating the special ability. 160 damage to clear the field.

It also rewards people who play black, or have access to sick amounts of black mana...which is exactly the kind of deck that can use this card. :P

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:52 am
Chibi-Czar

I like to some extent, but one question. What happens if you don't pay ANY black mana at all for the cost? It just says 12, which would indicate that you could place it into play without any blacks. But it would be wholely useless.

- I think it needs at least a decent base ability if you pay the mana cost to put it in play. Even with no blacks. Reward for black, but at least make it useful for non-black.

- The stonehenge base itself has eight turrets in the game... which is why I chose that number for the counters placed on my SH card version.

Think we can accomidate that while still maintaining the black advantage?

On a cosmetic note:
You need 'Monolithic' Artillery in there... See, the two guns you see in the image.... they're the size of an aircraft carrier EACH. It's hard to tell the scale of those things in the image, as there are no refference items. But Monolithic just has to be part of the descriptor for 'artillery'.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:47 am
WAR SysOp

If you didn't use any black mana, it would come into play....then be destroyed because of the "if no turrets in play, burry card" effect.

Mmm, okay, if it's 8, then let's go with this: 8 for the casting cost as it's still pretty big and imposing, and that way you can get your maximum 8 turrets if you use nothing but Black Mana. To ballance the card a bit, let's say each Turret is a 6/1 Wall with First Strike. That way, they still deal their damage but are slightly easier to kill with either direct damage or flying creatures with first strike as well...mutual destruction.

This also makes you more tempted to use the main power as soon as you can before the Turrets get picked off by things that can do 1 direct non-combat damage to them. The nice thing is it's a fast effect, so you can counter damage by firing a volley of doom at your oponent's creatures.

How about for every NON-BLACK mana there is a lesser turret? IE, a malfunctioning one. Only can do 1 damage or something? That way other colors can still use it, but it's not nearly as powerful.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:09 pm
Chibi-Czar

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:26 am