It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 GAME: US Support of Gondor 
Hamstermaster

Sonny boy, allow me to enlighten you about the nature of command. I give the orders, and you follow the orders. You can give me advice, and you can give me warnings, but you cannot give me guff. When I say "trap they valley" I do not mean "please tell me why you should not do what I say," I mean "trap the valley." You have already received clear orders about trapping the valley. I expect your next report to include the words "We have trapped the valley."

Trapping is in progress.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:55 pm
Chibi-Czar

((I just... man. We have to have someone RECORD that! I'll do so at some point, because that's just quote material.))

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:16 pm
Chibi-Czar

[OOC: Seconded - that was a very neatly-delivered ass chewing.]

[Reporting from Forlind] Needs must, I can take a detachment of the Scouts on the COD with me when I visit Broadsword - they'll probably get there faster if they're riding on my priority. Actually, they've got a higher priority than I do, when you come down to it. Scout detachment, with a US advisor to make introductions and liase with the MEU's TRAP platoon, ready to go south to Isengard, ASAP. Approved?

As far as BROTHER'S BACK, J-4 and J-5 report that they're leaning towards a rifle platoon - sized formation per company's worth of Scouts with modern weapons. That cuts the needed weapons and kit for BROTHER'S BACK by two-thirds to three-quarters, and light infantry weapons only, at that. That eases the overall logistics picture considerably.

Which reminds me: J-2, have you got the revised battlemap up yet? And why the hell not?

Dirk 6 advises that, thanks to the Wasp, he's got the EAGLE SWOOP/HOPSCOTCH LZ established in the hills as planned, and the Air Assault company and Apaches standing by their birds at the LZ. They're ready to bail out hte SF Team if necessary, and better yet, report no hostile activity in the area of the LZ - yet, at least. He's got elements of the Wolfhound Light Infantry offset towards Mithlond for an alternate/bingo base if we do have to send the Wasp back south. Now that we've got a hard airstrip at LogBase Alpha, he's requesting a KC-135 to stage out of there, in case a) things go south at the LZ and they need to evac, the tanker can drag the helos out all the way, worst case and b) EAGLE SWOOP goes to hell and they need Tac-Air - initial concept for that contingency is the '16s and the Warthogs take a tanker drag cross-country to overwater off Mithlond, then go in hot. Sounds reasonable for a contingency plan. What shall I tell him?

I'll give you more on Isengard when I get to Broadsword. Awaiting transportation.

(On a personal note, my aide is unhappy - I've made him take his bars off his collar, and pin 'em under his collar, field-fashion; I made him carry an M-4, basic load of ammo, three days' rations, and field kit; and I made him wear utilities. Of course, that's exactly what the sergeant and I are doing, so he can't complain. He'll either get over it, or I'll get a new aide...)

J-2

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 pm
Chibi-Czar

(That battlemap was a bonus, I'll get around to making an updated one as I get around to keeping it from crashing while working on it.)

Your going First Class. I hope you have jump certification, or you're getting a very Fast JMPI ED enrout. We choppering you to Logbase Alpha, then you'll Tanker Drag on the AC-130 out to Isenguard and paradrop into our camp there. It's a bit far for helicopter runs, so I figure I can double the AC-130 to drop you off, and make a few drops over Rohan and near the Aduin with some of our Elf recon groups.

That'll give us a forward nose to the ground view of what our aircraft have reconned up for us to this point. I'm figuring twelve elves... two six Elf squads, should be sufficient, given some sniper gear and a radio.

As for Dirk 6's requests... I'll grant him those. A KC-10 will be on standby.

What's command have to say?

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:23 pm
Chibi-Czar

That's a negative on the jump qual, Air Boss - me or my aide. My orderly got his wings with 2nd ANGLICO, and he says he can talk us through it well enough to get us through a static-line jump. Besides, WWII, the OSS supposedly found out they had less agents out of action dropping 'em untrained than they lost from sending 'em through a hurry-up jump school.

[aside heard through an open mike] Suck it up, Lieutenant - it only costs a little more to fly first class.

I need to get down there and get face-to-face with Broadsword Six, and I wouldn't agree to it if I thought there was more than a very slight chance of anything going wrong. Unless otherwise directed by higher authority, I'll take it.

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:48 pm
Chibi-Czar

[OOC: Seconded - that was a very neatly-delivered ass chewing.]

OOC: Thanks. I credit my father's example.

Michael J Doyle wrote:
Scout detachment, with a US advisor to make introductions and liase with the MEU's TRAP platoon, ready to go south to Isengard, ASAP. Approved?

Approved. Also, if you can get any intel on Mordor from that trio- are they ID'd yet btw? If not, I want three marines guarding you when in their presence- see if you can find some places to crack the nut. Those mountains will be hell on armoured cav.

Michael J Doyle wrote:
They're ready to bail out hte SF Team if necessary, and better yet, report no hostile activity in the area of the LZ - yet, at least.

Prep the KC-135 at Alpha. 16/10 backup approved. At the point it'll be ready in case of trouble, Eagle Swoop/Hopscotch are GO.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:17 pm
Chibi-Czar

Okay, your ride is waiting... Once you drop into camp, they'll be expecting you. So expect an initial IFF call on you. I've had the request sent around for the ID on Aragorn. I'm told that Aragorn should carry a few items only he will have, plus an answer to the name of the person who has been tasked with a task critical importance. (EU says that they cannot tell us what that task is. They emphasize just how important it is. We've got their trust, but they seem wary of our firepower and don't want to blow ALL their secrets.) Anyway, if the answer to the name is 'Frodo', he's the real deal. We should have that confirmed by the time you arrive.

Once you're finished with your business there, I've arranged a rendevus with a seahawk to bring you here to the Nimitz... I've had nice cabin right under the catapults prepped for your aide. (MMMMmmm MMM!!)

AS per instructions, the 16s and 10s are going to standby. I'm also prepping a bit of a secondary evac contingency if Isenguard gets rushed. Asside from Broadsword's trapping, I've got a flight of hornets dossiered to the side here to give them hell.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:43 pm
Chibi-Czar

Roger, we're wheels-up. See you aboard the Nimitz...

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:15 pm
Chibi-Czar

-FLASH TRAFFIC-

Got this as I was on the pad, getting aboard my helo: EAGLE SWOOP/GHOST teams report concentration of hostiles encamped fifteen klicks west of Hobbiton. Estimate 20, outfitted as heavy horse cavalry, with mounts, and additional bands of 4-5 each moving towards that position. Dirk 6 estimates they are massing for "Council of War" or pre-operations brief. I concur. GHOST team leader is requesting clearance to execute EAGLE SWOOP/MAYAGUEZ on this target of opportunity. Recommend approval ASAP - they won't stay there long.

I am continuing to LogBase Alpha for transport to Isengard - Dirk 6 is commander on-scene, and I trust his judgement.

J-3 out.

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:17 pm
Chibi-Czar

GHOST team leader is requesting clearance to execute EAGLE SWOOP/MAYAGUEZ on this target of opportunity.

Approved. GO.

We got that backup ready yet?

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:52 pm
Chibi-Czar

Michael J Doyle wrote:
GHOST team leader is requesting clearance to execute EAGLE SWOOP/MAYAGUEZ on this target of opportunity.

Approved. GO.

We got that backup ready yet?
Affirmative:
Yours Truly wrote:
...and the Air Assault company and Apaches standing by their birds at the LZ. They're ready to bail out the SF Team if necessary,...
They'll be spooling up now. And:
ATC (Air Boss) wrote:
AS per instructions, the 16s and 10s are going to standby.
"Standby" means, "Launch within five minutes of the GO order." I'd expect they're taxiing to the active runway as we speak...

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:42 am
Chibi-Czar

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:53 pm
Chibi-Czar

Just remember guys:

[OOC: So, that means you're DXing this thread?]

[IC] Reporting: we are on the ground in bee-yoo-tiful Isengard - with a sprained ankle for your loyal J-3, a broken wrist for my orderly (wind caught him and blew him off the DZ into the rubble of the fortifications), and my aide, wearing an insufferable smirk, utterly untouched.

Broadsword Six advises that EI's message regarding authentication of the party our patrols detained got garbled - I repeated the query info, and we should have the answer within the hour. [OOC: if "Aragorn" gave the right answers, let us know] Meanwhile, Broadsword's TRAP platoon is standing to for O'GRADY, and can launch within five minutes of receiving a location on the missing persons from Recon and/or the Scouts. (Less than three minutes, actually - Broadsword Six knows what he's about, and he's got his people trained up good.)

Broadsword has dug in shallow for WHITE ELEPHANT - they're fortified enough to dink the enemy hard, but not so deeply dug in they can't displace quickly. Boobytraps on the avenues of approach are being emplaced. However, they're critically short of demolitions, mines, and other combat engineering supplies they need to do the job right. Dirk can spare some, but we're going to need an airdrop, and we're going to need more yet if we're going to do more than just bloody the enemy's noses - with cross-leveling from Dirk, the best they can do is channelize the enemy into one firesack on the two most likely avenues-of-approach. If the inemy picks the third- or fourth- most-likely AOA, they're screwed. Recommend Command order an expedite on that.

Request status on EAGLE SWOOP/MAYAGUEZ. Also requesrt results of Recon into Rohan, Gondor and other points-of-interest...

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:20 pm
Chibi-Czar

J-3, we've got you on AWACS radar now... looks like you're ETA an hour or so from the drop zone. Have a fun drop. Try not to land on any of the traps.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:21 pm
Chibi-Czar

[OOC: whups, looks like we were typing more-or-less at the same time - switch chronology on those two posts and we're golden, I think...]

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:26 pm
Chibi-Czar

[OOC: AW, fukkit - the idea of a Marine Expeditionary Unit, Army Battalion Task Force, Naval Carrier Battle Group, and Air Force Composite Squadron laying waste to Sauron is too good to let go...]

TO: Joint Task Force Operations Officer, Military Assistance Command, Middle Earth
FR: National Command Authority
SUBJ: CHANGE-OF-COMMAND

1) Task Force Commander, Military Assistance Command, Middle Earth, unable to carry out duties.

2) In absence of higher authority with experience in Joint Task Force Operations, and by direction of National Command Authority, Colonel M J Doyle, USMC, Joint Task Force Operations Officer, Military Assistance Command, Middle Earth, is Appointed Commander, Task Force, Military Assistance Command, Middle Earth, until/unless relieved by competent higher authority.

3) All parallel and subordinate component and task commands are directed to recognize Col. Doyle's authority in planning and execution of operations in the Middle Earth Theater of Operations

BY DIRECTION

<S> (illegible) </S>
Chairman,
Joint Chiefs of Staff

To: Military Assistance Command, Middle Earth
Subj: Change of Command
Ref: NCA MSG, attached

1) Undersigned herewith assumes command.

2) Standing orders remain in effect until further notice.

3) Keep Faith.

<S> M. J. Doyle</S>
Col., USMC
JTF-6, MACME

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:53 pm
Chibi-Czar

I'm still here, and I'm waiting for whatever we were doing last.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:05 pm
Chibi-Czar

1) Confirm authentication of identity of Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli

2) Recon/Scout report on missing persons - do we have good enough intel to launch O'GRADY?

3) Expedite resupply of demo and engineeer supplies to Broadsword for WHITE ELEPHANT

4) Advise results of EAGLE SWOOP/MAYAGUEZ

On a related issue: Let's get an embassy of sorts to Rohan and/or Gondor, see if we can get them off the dime. This'd be with the understanding that we have limitations of our own, and we're here to help them do the job - not do the job for them. OTOH, the help we can provide is considerable, and we'd be in a better position to provide it if we're not tied to holding this damn rockpile... phrased more diplomatically, of course :wink:

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:59 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6