It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

Christians are Perfected Jews 
Chibi-Czar

Post Christians are Perfected Jews
This is making me giggle, and I'm not sure why.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301216,00.html

Quote:
COULTER: But yeah, I think that's reflective of what's going on in the culture, but it is completely striking that at these huge megachurches ? the idea that, you know, the more Christian you are, the less tolerant you would be is preposterous.

DEUTSCH: That isn't what I said, but you said I should not ? we should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians, then, or ?

COULTER: Yeah.

DEUTSCH: Really?

COULTER: Well, it's a lot easier. It's kind of a fast track.

DEUTSCH: Really?

COULTER: Yeah. You have to obey.

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly believe that.

COULTER: Yes.

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly ? you're too educated, you can't ? you're like my friend in ?

COULTER: Do you know what Christianity is? We believe your religion, but you have to obey.

DEUTSCH: No, no, no, but I mean ?

COULTER: We have the fast-track program.

DEUTSCH: Why don't I put you with the head of Iran? I mean, come on. You can't believe that.

COULTER: The head of Iran is not a Christian.

DEUTSCH: No, but in fact, "Let's wipe Israel" ?

COULTER: I don't know if you've been paying attention.

DEUTSCH: "Let's wipe Israel off the earth." I mean, what, no Jews?

COULTER: No, we think ? we just want Jews to be perfected, as they say.

DEUTSCH: Wow, you didn't really say that, did you?

COULTER: Yes. That is what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament, but ours is more like Federal Express. You have to obey laws. We know we're all sinners ?

DEUTSCH: In my old days, I would have argued ? when you say something absurd like that, there's no ?

COULTER: What's absurd?

DEUTSCH: Jews are going to be perfected. I'm going to go off and try to perfect myself ?

COULTER: Well, that's what the New Testament says.

DEUTSCH: Ann Coulter, author of "If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans," and if Ann Coulter had any brains, she would not say Jews need to be perfected. I'm offended by that personally. And we'll have more "Big Idea" when we come back.

(BREAK)

DEUTSCH: Welcome back to "The Big Idea." During the break, Ann said she wanted to explain her last comment. So I'm going to give her a chance. So you don't think that was offensive?

COULTER: No. I'm sorry. It is not intended to be. I don't think you should take it that way, but that is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews. We believe the Old Testament. As you know from the Old Testament, God was constantly getting fed up with humans for not being able to, you know, live up to all the laws. What Christians believe ? this is just a statement of what the New Testament is ? is that that's why Christ came and died for our sins. Christians believe the Old Testament. You don't believe our testament.

DEUTSCH: You said ? your exact words were, "Jews need to be perfected." Those are the words out of your mouth.

COULTER: No, I'm saying that's what a Christian is.

DEUTSCH: But that's what you said ? don't you see how hateful, how anti-Semitic ?

COULTER: No!

DEUTSCH: How do you not see? You're an educated woman. How do you not see that?

COULTER: That isn't hateful at all.

DEUTSCH: But that's even a scarier thought. OK ?

COULTER: No, no, no, no, no. I don't want you being offended by this. This is what Christians consider themselves, because our testament is the continuation of your testament. You know that. So we think Jews go to heaven. I mean (Jerry) Falwell himself said that, but you have to follow laws. Ours is "Christ died for our sins." We consider ourselves perfected Christians. For me to say that for you to become a Christian is to become a perfected Christian is not offensive at all.

DEUTSCH: We will let the audience decide then, won't we? Ann Coulter. New book. More "Big Idea" straight ahead.

Seriously, giggling over here, and I haven't a clue why.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:12 am
Chibi-Czar

I know why I laugh at Anne Coulter. It's easy to laugh at extremists once you've decided to simply kill them.

"Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step to true panic."
--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:33 pm
Chibi-Czar

Talking with a friend I know, apparently what she's talking about up there is entirely 100% accurate and truthful in regards to Christianity.

The way he put it:

Quote:
Coulter is entirely correct, and the guy she was talking to was blowing his top because he didn't quite gather two things.

1) Ethnic Jews do not = Religious Jews. Coulter was talking about the religion, not the race, though of course in the case of Judaism there's some blurring of lines.

2) She was talking about the perfection of faith, not the perfection of... *handwave* person, or race, or whateverthehell the host was jumping all over.

3) I can see where the guy got his knickers twisted; it was the combination of Coulter not clarifying that the Christian perfection is of *faith*, and the guy being, from what I could tell, completely ignorant of Christianity. But it wouldn't have gotten nearly so bad if the guy hadn't been pretty dedicated to the idea of Christianity being bigoted.

*shrug*

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:11 pm
Duke of New York

Talking with a friend I know, apparently what she's talking about up there is entirely 100% accurate and truthful in regards to Christianity.

Doesn't make her any less of psychotic. She may be accurate and truthful, but sure as hell ain't right, especially given the gap between what she thinks a "better" America would be like and what America, people, and reality really are.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:32 pm
Cherub

Christianity was born from within Judaism, but that doesn't make one better than the other.

Remember, this is the woman who believes the US should bomb the Middle East and forcibly convert their nations to Christianity. She sounds like an idiot no matter what she's talking about.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:44 pm
Chibi-Czar

Meh. She's selling books again. Her sales get a boost when she throws verbal hand grenades. Plus, I have to admit, I get a giggle out of watching Leftists go into histrionics...

Other than that, let me put it this way: if we were both single, I wouldn't kick Ann Coulter out of bed. BUT, I kinda doubt it'd be more than a one night stand... :wink:

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:28 pm
Chibi-Czar

B, I'm just assuming your friend is Canadian. Trust me, Canadians have no concept of how bat-shit crazy Southern fundies are in the US. Trust me, Coulter's remarks weren't out of left field, they weren't even unusual. And no, most fundies don't separate the Jewish religion from the Jewish people.

The only way I'd let Coulter in my bed is for a snuff film.

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:03 pm
Chibi-Czar

...The only way I'd let Coulter in my bed is for a snuff film.
See what I mean about histrionics... :lol:

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:20 pm
Chibi-Czar

It's not histrionics. I say this without hyperbole: Anne Coulter functions as the Goebbles of modern America. She's pushing anti-intellectualism, theocratic rule, internment camps! She stands counter to every ideal this country was founded on. She stands counter to any ethical system of governance. Tell me, do you honestly thinkthe country, the world, would in any way be a worse place if someone caved her skull in with a length of pipe?

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:55 pm
Chibi-Czar

She'd become a martyr and a symbol, for one.

Not to mention, "she's intolerant so the world would be better off if I killed her" is a more than a little stunningly ironic sort of statement.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:36 pm
Chibi-Czar

If all she wanted to do was kill other people, she wouldn't be half as bad as she is. It's the totalitarianism she promotes that is the problem. As an egalitarian, I honestly believe in the words, "Give me Liberty, or give me death." (Might I add, those were some truly badass last words.)

--Freefall

A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.
-- David J. Liszewski

Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:12 am
Cherub

Coulter is nothing more than media fodder. There may be a subculture of nuts who actually buy into what she says, but they have no real power. Coulter may sell books and interviews, but she pretty much screwed herself out of any credibility when she heinously attacked those 9/11 widows.

And Doyle, seriously? For my part, I'd MUCH rather have Michelle Malkin in my bed. Provided she didn't open her mouth.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:45 am
Chibi-Czar

It's not histrionics. I say this without hyperbole: Anne Coulter functions as the Goebbles of modern America. She's pushing anti-intellectualism, theocratic rule, internment camps! She stands counter to every ideal this country was founded on. She stands counter to any ethical system of governance. Tell me, do you honestly thinkthe country, the world, would in any way be a worse place if someone caved her skull in with a length of pipe?
Ohh-kay, not histrionics - hysteria, then.

And yes, I do believe the country and the world would be a worse place if you got your wish - the same way I believe the country and the world would be a worse place if somebody were to cut off George Soros' balls with a rusty knife. You really want a fucking country where the debate is driven by killing the people you disagree with? Then pack your shit and move to Zimbabwe or Myanmar - the rest of us can shut out Coulter and Soros quite well enough without your brand of sociopathy. :evil:

Token Reactionary S.O.B.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:30 pm