It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 [disbanded]RPG - The Last Chinook 
Moderator of Pain!

Post Re: RPG - The Last Chinook
From his coat pocket, Meier pulls out his flashlight.

"Always be prepared" he says to the women. "I think I may have found a lead near the storm shelter, over." Meier says into the radio as he proceeds into the building.

Tue May 06, 2008 7:17 am
Chibi-Czar

Ross, as is getting to be his habit, charges all-out after the fleeing figure.

Tue May 06, 2008 9:02 am
Cherub

Sarah sighs, watching Ross and Meier bound down the stairs. She's not too keen on being late for her meeting, but chances were that the terrified screams meant someone was in danger, and she figures that as a doctor, she should help out. She slips her Blackberry out of her purse and taps out a quick e-mail to her meeting partner, then follows down the stairs.

Wed May 07, 2008 8:23 am
Chibi-Czar

Izzy looks at the crazy people, "Aww what the hell, I wasnt doing anything THAT exciting to begin with..." she mumbles to herself, checking the time on her phone quickly before glancing up at the girl, "Hey, wait up! I'm coming too!"

Wed May 07, 2008 11:48 am
WAR SysOp

Sarah: As you are ready to press 'send' your blackberry displays a 'out of service area' notification. A distant echoing cry, however, reminds you that lives may be at stake and you rush in after the others.

Everyone: You rush down the darkened halls, following the path easily. Something up ahead isn't bothering to be quiet anymore, and with the aid of the flashlight in Meier's hands and the distant windows above, you pick your way past rooms of old desks, gym equipment, supplies and eventually, pipes and machines.

Ross:As you are rushing in first, make a Reflex Save, and an Int Check as you see something swinging toward your face in the dim light.

Meier: You can make a Spot Check to see if you can assist.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed May 07, 2008 8:36 pm
Moderator of Pain!

(OOC Spot check of 23)

As Meier is moving in, he motions the flashlight over the Ross' right shoulder.

Wed May 07, 2008 9:50 pm
Chibi-Czar

(ouch, rolled 7+1 REF and 9+4 for int. That's 8 and 13, respectively.)

Ross begins to learn his lesson about charging into things as he collides face-first with A Thing, and seriously considers letting someone else go first next time.

Wed May 07, 2008 11:12 pm
WAR SysOp

Ross: a large metal chain comes swinging out of the darkness at your chest. You manage to steady yourself against the blow, but it hits true across your torso. 4 subdual damage. Luckily, you keep your wits about you, and with the aid of Meier's flashlight, you see that the chain was not used as a weapon...rather it was designed to aid those seeking to cross the open hole in the ground by swinging across. Your momentum carries you into the air for one terrifying moment, but you clutch the chain in time not to fall. Dex, Acrobatics, or Tumble, your choice to successfully traverse the distance and land unscathed

Meier, Liz and Sarah: You come to the edge of the hole as Ross swings across (mostly because the alternative is jumping or falling). It is roughly 7 feet across, and apears to access the lower levels of the machinery below. A yellow-painted ladder is on the opposite side of the hole. Search or Spot checks will give you more information.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu May 08, 2008 3:38 pm
Chibi-Czar

(Dex, 13-1 = 12)

Ross grips the chain for dear life as he swings across, eyes wide. He wonders mostly what idiot put this hole here, and a little bit why someone bothered to put a chain swing across it.

Thu May 08, 2008 9:21 pm
Moderator of Pain!

(OOC Spot check of 14, not great but not bad)

Meier uses the flashlight at the perimeter of the hole to see if there is another way across.

Thu May 08, 2008 9:45 pm
Chibi-Czar

Izzy skids to a stop, nearly colliding with the cop-guy, and looks around the hole...

(Spot check= d20 (12)+ WIS (+1)= 13)

((OCC: Fissy shall be playing Izzy for the next few days, while I am traveling to Calgary, wish me luck!))

Mon May 12, 2008 12:12 am
Cherub

(OOC: Sorry for the delay in my posting, life has gotten a bit crazy around here. I'll try to do more, I promise!)

Sarah stops in time to see the burly guy swinging across the hole. She looks at him puzzledly, then glances around to see if she can find a less acrobatic way across.

(Spot at +9: 20)

Sat May 17, 2008 9:10 pm
Chibi-Czar

((OOC: Having swung back and forth for a while, Ross now kinda just dangles there, whistling occasionally, waiting for things to resume.))

Thu May 22, 2008 10:35 pm
WAR SysOp

Thanks for hanging in there (bwhahaha) sorry about that. Forgot to post before the missus and I went on our anniversary vacation. Hotsprings tend to make it easy to forget RPGs...

Everyone: With Ross hanging onto the chain tight enough not to risk immediate falling-into-the-black-void below, you see that with an extremly GOOD jump, you can clear the hole and reach the other side. Options include:

-REALLY good Jump...it looks dangerous if you slip. However, there looks to be space for a safe landing on the other side if you make it.
-finding via Search another rope or chain nearby to use to rappel down or across.
-The roof above sports old ladders that could be used to climb to the chain, or across the gap, but from below here you don't know the condition of them. The access is only a few feet away, and looks in OK repair. (mechanical, structural, metal-type skills may provide full safety details - raw Intelligence check otherwise)
-Ross: You can start trying to swing back and forth to get some momentum to the ladder. Acrobatics / Dex. It's not that hard, until you try to make for the ladder or the side. Climbing if you want to move up first and try for one of the sides of solid ground instead. Looks easier, but that means you need to climb up raw chain first.

There is also a strange sound from back at the door. Not as if it has been opened/closed, but as if something or someone is approaching. It doesn't seem to be making efforts to be stealthy, however, it is hard to judge how fast it is approaching.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Sat May 24, 2008 9:09 pm
Moderator of Pain!

(Die roll of 9+6 = 15 Search)

Meier points the flashlight down to find a rope/chain to repel down.

(OOC Climb check of 15 if rope/chain found)

Sat May 24, 2008 9:24 pm
Chibi-Czar

((OOC Dex roll 15 -1 : 14))
Ross, feeling the urgency of rescue, swings back and forth, then heaves himself forward to the safety of the ledge and the path beyond.

Mon May 26, 2008 12:26 pm
WAR SysOp

Ross: You manage to swing and grab hold of the ladder solidly. The chain bounces around on the ladder itself, causing a loud 'clank!'.

Each of you realize that the echo is limited to only the surrounding area, as if sounds are unable to travel very far in this place. Possibly sound-dampening for old classrooms.

Meier: You confirm there is only the ladder on the opposite side, the swinging chain, and the scaffolding above to try to get across without a jump.

Sarah: You see a bunch of old rope nearby that may assist with getting down/across, but the ladder looks overall the safest. The scaffolding above you can't tell how safe, but it would be better than a jump or an acrobatic attempt across via the chain.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed May 28, 2008 8:36 am
Moderator of Pain!

Meier takes the ladder to get across.

Wed May 28, 2008 10:34 am
WAR SysOp

Via jumping, scaffolding above, or chain?

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed May 28, 2008 2:19 pm
Chibi-Czar

Ross gets up and over, then heaves the chain back to Meier before running down the hallway again to the intersection where that little bastard disappeared. He'll pause for a moment and see if the group catches up.

Thu May 29, 2008 7:25 am
Moderator of Pain!

(Dex check of 17+2=19)

Meier grabs the chain and using the momentum swings over to the ladder.

Thu May 29, 2008 7:55 am
WAR SysOp

Meier collides with the ladder solidly and easily finds purchase. Ross and Meier are now safely on the other side, looking expectantly at the two ladies.

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Thu May 29, 2008 7:39 pm
Chibi-Czar

((OOC: Ross hands Meier a cup of tea and sips his own, leaning against the wall of the corridor and waiting for the ladies to unpetrify.))

Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:10 am
Moderator of Pain!

Tap, Tap, Tap. Meier's foot repeats on the floor. "Are either of you following or not?" Meier shines the flashlight back and looks at the women.

Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:11 pm
Chibi-Czar

(OOC, it's been since April 5 that either of them posted. Bugger it.)

Meier continues charging down the hallway after the flickering form, fleet of foot and fearlessly fighting fatigue for the failing fortunes of forlorn foundlings.

(I'll be here all week- try the veal!)

Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:46 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next