It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:57 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Fiss' work in paperback form. 
Chibi-Czar

Yep, Thats what i would like to throw in.

I would be very happy and honored to be apart of this project.

Thanks Drax

Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:55 am
Duke of New York

<insert rabid curses here> HL isn't going to fit the size I wanted due to the fact that just HL, EoHL, and the Omakes come out to nearly 700 pages and my cap is about 610. So, HL will now big a slightly bigger book unless I decide to bust HL and EoHL into seperate books.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:29 pm
Chibi-Czar

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:34 pm
Duke of New York

I'm experimenting with different sizes and what not but if it doesn't work out then I'll just split HL and EoHL into two books.

Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:18 am
Duke of New York

Got it! HL and EoHL will be two seperate books. I'll split the Omakes between them and the smaller of the two, EoHL will have an extra story at the end for you Omoi lovers; "Babydoll" by Hooze of the Fissy Clan. That plus submitted fanart scattered here and there should round it out nicely along with any other extras I can cook up. Like a DVD with extra features only all bookish. If that doesn't make sense, you'll see when they're made.

So if anyone wants to make a cover for EoHL.....

Oh and Fiss, think Hooze would mind if I threw that in there?

Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:33 pm
WAR SysOp

Christopher Fiss
W.A.R. SysOp

Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:45 am
Duke of New York

Alright, here's the skinny. Almost done with work today and I got tomorrow off. I'm going to crank on the two HL books and have the guts finished hopefully by Saturday. Saturday evening after work, I do the covers and if I have time, run a test print. If not, they'll be done on Sunday. Monday, I'll have my counts and find out how much they will be but I will NOT tell what they will be until after I finished making all the books I'm making. Also, it allows anyone working on art to have time to get it done. I know art takes time, I appreciate anyone working on it for this, and will therefore bend over backwards to make it happen. I'd just appreciate knowing that you're out there working on it if you are.

Also, anything extra I can fit into the books I will, including art, omakes, etc. Anyone got an Omake to add, sound off. If I can swing it, those who gave something to help will also get something extra for being a sport. What it is, I won't say. It's a surprise.

I'm thinking, depending on cost, I will make a preset number of books for a group of people on a short list (Fiss & Co and others I think deserve a copy on me such as those who gave art). I will make a surplus of maybe, ideally, at the most fifty books. That's if costs are friendly to me. I might space it out so I can afford it. The surplus will be avaliable on a first come-first served basis. Also makes them a little more "valuable" in a way since there will be a limited quantity. Like I said, I will NOT accept orders until they are done and I say go. So pay attention to the board cause aside from the short list, no exception will be made.

Sound fair?

Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:49 pm
Chibi-Czar

Any chance of 'em being signed by the author?

:P

Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:51 pm
Chibi-Czar

As for my pic with SK, i'll edit the top a little and change it to

Sailor Moon:
Seven Knights

By

Strike Fiss

and if fiss can help me a little, i'd like to layer it with The Ban in the bg.
think you could help me out with that Fissy?
My Photoshop ability isn't nearly as outstanding as yours.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:54 pm
Duke of New York

Also, I will then take the files that I've made for these books and strip down all the extras so that it's only the story and then send them to Fiss along with the covers. He will post them.

After that if you want a copy you can take the files to your local Kinko's and see if they will print them out for you. I will provide printing instructions so that the people at Kinko's will know how to make them. If you don't live near a Kinko's (which seems unlikely these days) then email the files to them, confirm that they will run the job for you, and they can Fedex the books to you on your dime.

Or you can print them out at home and then have Kinko's just perfect bind them.

See how nice I am? Say thank you.

As for autographs, I'm stuck in Texas and Fiss is in Calgary. Shipping will go up a good amount. Besides, it'd be better to go to Calgary, buy him and Senie sushi and get them signed in person.

Last edited by DraxelBethlehem on Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:07 pm
Chibi-Czar

Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:09 pm
Chibi-Czar

As for autographs, it'd be better to go to Calgary, buy him and Senie sushi and get them signed in person.

Quoted for truth. :D

Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:15 pm
Duke of New York

Dark Machine and Dark Nate: Since I have need of a cover for End of Higher Learning and have two covers for the HL, would either of you want to by chance volunteer to edit the cover you submitted to make it into an End of HL cover?

Also, to show how limited my Photoshop skills are:
ImageImage

Last edited by DraxelBethlehem on Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Chibi-Czar

I like thoes

Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:49 pm
Duke of New York

On the subjects of autographs, I was doing dishes at home last night and I first thought of someone wanting an extra page in the Omoi books just for autographs for each of the paople in the Omoi series; Fiss, Hooze, Mo, Mike, Kirk, etc. (I'm not planning on adding that page)

Then I wonder what would happen to the poor soul that actually tried to hunt down everyone.

"Today in downtown Calgary, a man went on a destructive rampage after lossing a caffine drinking contest. According to witnesses, he had spent the previous three days trying to drink more Jolt then Christopher "Strike Fiss" Brummet, a local Calgarian. "He just couldn't hold the sugar. The sugar is Goooooood! OBEY THE JOLT!" Mr. Brummet was quoted as saying.

The man was found by police dead however when they arrived on the scene. Accoring to witnesses, Senie Brummet, Christopher Brummet's wife, became enraged when the caffinated man began dry-humping her husband's leg and beat him to death with a shovel. She was quoted as say, "MY FISSY!"

God help the fool that tried to hunt down Mike. Mike might be nice and leave bones for the police to find.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:21 pm
Chibi-Czar

remind me NOT to be that guy.. i'll just snail mail it away for auto's.

Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:08 am
Head Pollster

*laughs* You include that, and I'll *definitely* buy it.

And a story from Hooze! Stellar! :)

INCLUDING THE ABOVE SENTENCE.

HAVE FUN! :D

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:04 am
Chibi-Czar

Location: The Frozen North of the Upper Peninnsula of Michigan
Dark Machine and Dark Nate: Since I have need of a cover for End of Higher Learning and have two covers for the HL, would either of you want to by chance volunteer to edit the cover you submitted to make it into an End of HL cover?

Just got my internet back this morning, but I'd be glad to do the edit to my submission. I'll have it posted in a couple hours, I have some back-to-college related junk to take care of.

Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:19 am
Duke of New York

Got it Nate. Thank you. DM, if you're working on something, go ahead and finish it up and I'll let Fiss decide which one goes with which book.

Edit: Then again, since DM hasn't been sighted since the 19th of July I'll go with what I got.

Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:28 pm
Chibi-Czar

Location: Liverpool, England, HCCCP, Milky Way, Microsoft Universe XP ver 1.3.6
I'm Fucking here Damn it! I've been doing plays in London just like I said I would be. If there's still time I'll an EoHL cover. I might do it just for kicks anyway. :D

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:32 pm
Duke of New York

I'm Fucking here Damn it! I've been doing plays in London just like I said I would be. If there's still time I'll an EoHL cover. I might do it just for kicks anyway. :D

Alright man. I was hoping to provoke a response from you. Needed to make sure the Man hadn't gotten you yet. :-P Yeah, if you want to do a EoHL cover, go for it. I had a slight delay in getting them done and I'm only now getting to the point I wanted to be last week with the Eva books. The guts of the books are done, numbered with headers, and with a new intro by Fiss. They are printed out, cut down to size, and with picture inserted. I'm actually making templates for the covers as we speak so once I have what you cook up I'll divert to the Fiss household to choose which goes with what book.

AR and SK are set up to begin editing. Right now, AR MIGHT have to be split into two books. If so, it will be AR 1 - 4 in the first book and 5 - Whatever for the second book. SK looks massive right now but I'm hoping with editing I'll be able to get it down to size. Nightmare Oil will be last then I'm done.

Addendum to DM and DN: Could you guys let me know what fonts you used for your covers? By the way, did I mention you guys kick ass and thank you for helping.

Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:23 am
Chibi-Czar

hey Drax, for Sk, when do you want me to have the pic done? i'm currently getting a new Monitor, and then i'll be able to see all the pretty colors and be able to edit my pic whenever.

So just let me know.. again.. Fissy.. might need your help with it cause your a better photochopper then me.

Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:55 pm
Chibi-Czar

Location: The Frozen North of the Upper Peninnsula of Michigan
You know what, I have no idea what fonts I used. Nor do I rightly remember what sequence of effects I used to produce the lettering. I really need to start writing these things down...

Anyway, my advice on SK: split it up as well. 1-3 (aka armageddon) for the first book, 4-7 (eden) for the second. I'll see if I can come up with a cover idea, seeing as I have the day off from classes.

Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:57 am
Duke of New York

Azrael: Take your time. No rush. At this point, I'm of the opinion that in order to get these things as good as I want, then it will take a bit of time and effort. The art for the covers is also the reason I'm holding off taking orders until I've got all the books done.

DN: If we can cook up good names for each volume, that sounds on the money. If that's the case then I'm proposing SK, Vol 2: Heaven's Door just to help Az with the editing of his cover (ie, you only have to add text).

Anyway, my templates are set up for the Eva covers. Just need to clean up my spelling and grammer. Both have been sent to Fiss for a quick nod.

Wanna peek? http://www.geocities.com/draxelprime/hlcoverproof.jpg And no one gets to see the EoHL cover until I send out the books cause I want it to be a surprise. (insert evil grin here)

Addendum: The cover above is just a rough draft and may not be what the final will look like. Remember, until I get all the books done, anyone may still submit covers.

Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:49 pm
Chibi-Czar

Location: Liverpool, England, HCCCP, Milky Way, Microsoft Universe XP ver 1.3.6
K. The fonts I used for the cover were as follows:

'Strike Fiss' - Electroharmonix (Which I can send to y'all if ya need it)

'Neon Genesis Evangelion' - Courier New (Standard MSWord Font, Slightly blurred using PS)

'Higher Learning' - Rage Italic (Also Came with MSWord

Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:02 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next